Need comment on my Photo Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

latmo

http://www.fotop.net/latmo/photodiary
I had a idea of building my diary with photo
i want to record down what i do everyday with a photo
but i feel that the way i take to photo and presenting seem to have a problem, seem cant really show ppl what am i doing

can you guys give me some comment to improve it ?
btw the camera to build this diary is limited to my nokia 7610 cos this is the only "camera" i will bring around everyday ;p

thanks

If you're using a phone camera for photography. That could be a problem. Firstly, the images are of low quality and secondly, I'm not sure if post processing them is even an option. Other than that, you could work on the subjects of your photographs and its composition. Spend a lot of time looking at what other pple photograph in the other sections of the forums, eg. Abstracts or Street Candids. Perhaps that may give you a glimpse of what to consider to make your pics more interesting.

snowspeeder said:
If you're using a phone camera for photography. That could be a problem. Firstly, the images are of low quality and secondly, I'm not sure if post processing them is even an option. Other than that, you could work on the subjects of your photographs and its composition. Spend a lot of time looking at what other pple photograph in the other sections of the forums, eg. Abstracts or Street Candids. Perhaps that may give you a glimpse of what to consider to make your pics more interesting.

image quality is not a concent to me here
cos i dun really need high quality and sharp image to show ppl
but i want to at least to show ppl by using a photo what i am doing everyday

the aim of my photo diary is to show ppl what i am doing everyday so i want to make it in a way that if you look thought all the photo of that day can guess the idea of my life for that day ... possible ? or looking at my photo diary now did i archived what i want ?

thanks

In that case, most important for you is to derive a theme and focus on the compostion of the photo before you take a shot. Randamly taking pics that result in a photo without impact would look somewhat boring after a while from the viewers point of view. Perhaps you could focus more on quality shots than quantity. They say that a picture paints a thousant words.

snowspeeder said:
In that case, most important for you is to derive a theme and focus on the compostion of the photo before you take a shot. Randamly taking pics that result in a photo without impact would look somewhat boring after a while from the viewers point of view. Perhaps you could focus more on quality shots than quantity. They say that a picture paints a thousant words.

yeah thats the problem now ...
if everyday i am going to take this kind of photo (which look alike) i will bored the viewer very soon and they will not be interested to view it :sweat:

record everyday with a photo?

try reading a book called "1999 daily report" or visual dairy by frank horvat

Hmm, after looking thro ur gallery, i think i basically have an idea what u are trying to achieve...

the shots of the watch (to tell pp the time) the places and etc...

i got a small suggestion here, perhaps u might wanna cut down on the shots of ur watch? cos it gets quite repetitive... if u wanna tell the time of the day, I'm sure there are other tell-tale signs... e.g. the colour of the sky? a clock of a nearby building etc? =) perhaps it would add more variety to your series...

oh yeah, maybe u might wanna consider taking photos of 'activities' instead of buildings? cos it would give pp a better idea of what u have been 'doing' than what u have been 'walking pass'.

But its quite a cool concept u got there... and i was a bit surprised by the resolution of ur 7610... i was expecting something of lesser clarity... cheers!

~Arcanic~ said:
Hmm, after looking thro ur gallery, i think i basically have an idea what u are trying to achieve...

the shots of the watch (to tell pp the time) the places and etc...

i got a small suggestion here, perhaps u might wanna cut down on the shots of ur watch? cos it gets quite repetitive... if u wanna tell the time of the day, I'm sure there are other tell-tale signs... e.g. the colour of the sky? a clock of a nearby building etc? =) perhaps it would add more variety to your series...

oh yeah, maybe u might wanna consider taking photos of 'activities' instead of buildings? cos it would give pp a better idea of what u have been 'doing' than what u have been 'walking pass'.

But its quite a cool concept u got there... and i was a bit surprised by the resolution of ur 7610... i was expecting something of lesser clarity... cheers!

thanks for suggestion
i will try to improve

Rainforest said:
Open an blog account and start blogging ...

The idea of my photo diary is to "bring" ppl with me along each day ... to let them have the idea hows my life.

I dun like typing and i dun have that time to type too (ok i am lazy ;p ) ...
and i want something different and uniqe that not everyone is doing (blogging)

Ermm ... i believe the idea is not that new. Do a google search on photoblogging.

There there are several sites that host photoblogs already, and you can upload the photos taken in your camera phone straight to the site using GPRS on your handphone

Status
Not open for further replies.