need advice on interior shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeelanac

Deregistered
Apr 12, 2007
Simei
www.flickr.com
Hi,i'm headin for an interior photoshoot next week and i need some advice on the lens to use.
Currently i only have the kit lens for my 400D ;18-55mm AF ,then others were 28-200mm ,0.45 wide converter by Grobartig (which i use over my 18-55mm).However i still am keen of buying 50mm f1.8 since it's aperture is more wider and crisp focus.But i haven't decided yet for now...What's the best thing to do?Any suggestions please?

Hi,i'm headin for an interior photoshoot next week and i need some advice on the lens to use.
Currently i only have the kit lens for my 400D ;18-55mm AF ,then others were 28-200mm ,0.45 wide converter by Grobartig (which i use over my 18-55mm).However i still am keen of buying 50mm f1.8 since it's aperture is more wider and crisp focus.But i haven't decided yet for now...What's the best thing to do?Any suggestions please?

your setup is good enough.

get a tripod, a must.

Since it is lens that you are asking, the 18-55 mm coupled with your wide-angle converter is good enough to do the shoot. However, look out for perspective distortion when going wide - which you will need to do correction on software such as adobe photoshop later and this will result in lost of image details from both edge of your image.

Many times it is not about the lens that you are using but the angle and perspective that you select to bring out the area of focus in your interior architecture shot. Therefore, take your time to look around the surrounding from where you are standing and compose the shot carefully.

E0FS5996.jpg

The above is a landed property along 6th avenue which I shot recently. It's a big house with many good areas to shoot but to everything together using one wide angle does not bring out the effect of the design. I isolated some of the sections such as the steps behind where I am standing as it creates distraction to the dining area and the cabinet design.

Feel free to ask if you need further ideas.

Hope this is helpful.

Daniel

Personally I don't think the 18-55 kit lens is up to the job if this is a shoot for someone else. I would hire a better wide-angle lens for the day.

I think he is shooting on his own project. 18-55 with a wide converter should do the job. It's more on the subject focus unless the total floor area is so small that he is pushed up the wall - that normally happens when i am shooting the bathroom... damn difficult to get the correct perspective...:cool:

Personally I don't think the 18-55 kit lens is up to the job if this is a shoot for someone else. I would hire a better wide-angle lens for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.