NDP shoot outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Nice shooting fireworks with all of you, look forward towards any next outing.

Hehe,

Nice to have you all going out together ^_^ . Thanks Will03 to play with his camera with the 50-500 MM lens ^_^ FIrst time holding a DSLR.

T16, thanks for your ride. NExt time can go out sometimes to take othser stuff.

Here is my presentable fireworks photos .

chunger said:
Hehe,

Nice to have you all going out together ^_^ . Thanks Will03 to play with his camera with the 50-500 MM lens ^_^ FIrst time holding a DSLR.

You are most welcome.
Nice shots you have there.

chunger said:
Hehe,

nice photo

Hahaha, thanks guys. But i think still can be improve. Next time will try other settings.

Just for your info. All those pictures is taken with these settings :

Shuttle : 1 seconds
F stop : 3.2

All the rest of the 2.5 seconds with 6.3 F stop over exposed :(

chunger said:
Hahaha, thanks guys. But i think still can be improve. Next time will try other settings.

Just for your info. All those pictures is taken with these settings :

Shuttle : 1 seconds
F stop : 3.2

All the rest of the 2.5 seconds with 6.3 F stop over exposed :(

Nice pic you've got!
Did you zoom at all or not?
Are those you taken with continous drive??

kohweekuan said:
Nice pic you've got!
Did you zoom at all or not?
Are those you taken with continous drive??

Thanks guys, but i think still got a lot of place to improve. Still not up to standard compare to others' pic........

Yeah .. all using the 1 second shuttle continous Drive. I din zoom except for the last pic. I compose it vertically and give it as zoom to fit the screen.

How about shoots from you guys.... post up and share ^_^ .

I took a panoramic pic of the shooting site.

Copy and paste this in ur browserhttp://chunger.topcities.com/panoramic/panoramic_nite_m.jpg to see it.

chunger said:
Thanks guys, but i think still got a lot of place to improve. Still not up to standard compare to others' pic........

Yeah .. all using the 1 second shuttle continous Drive. I din zoom except for the last pic. I compose it vertically and give it as zoom to fit the screen.

How about shoots from you guys.... post up and share ^_^ .

I took a panoramic pic of the shooting site.

Copy and paste this in ur browserhttp://chunger.topcities.com/panoramic/panoramic_nite_m.jpg to see it.

so you dun get the busy wait at all?
i use F8 with shutter ranging from 2.5 to 5. so took only a few shoots. maybe some of them timing too long and so was very bright.

did you try this setting at the esplanade?
maybe will try your method, if not only can take a few shots only everytime :cry:

kohweekuan said:
i use F8 with shutter ranging from 2.5 to 5. so took only a few shoots. maybe some of them timing too long and so was very bright.

maybe will try your method, if not only can take a few shots only everytime :cry:

the busy wait is cos by the noise reduction thing which will only activate for shutter speed more than 1.3s

kohweekuan said:

Yeah like Latmo said, 1 seconds won't get those busy Noise Reduction waiting time. But you will get some shorter trailing light. What i did was preset it a setting for 1 seconds exposure to C1 and preset another setting to C2(which have a longer exposure like 1.5 - 2.5). This you have to do the testing and adjustment b4 fireworks begin.

Try the long exposure first. If over exposed. then just a quick dial turn to change it to the 1 seconds setting and shoot from there. Try to capture those timing. As it only take 1 seconds per shot. You will get better chance to get a good shot. When the smoke get thicker. you may need to up the Aperture one or two level up. So try to monitor a bit on the preview panel.

when you said 1 apeture up is to increase the F number or increase the hole of the aperture (confusing as bigger number = smaller hole ma) :D

think i must start to learn to save the setting liao.
thanks!

latmo said:
the busy wait is cos by the noise reduction thing which will only activate for shutter speed more than 1.3s

latmo, saw your photo with those 5 - 6 sec shutter. :thumbsup:
how did you press the shutter?

1) did you press and hold it there or
2) did you press and quickly let go and let it stand alone while processing?

thanks! :D

kohweekuan said:

Actually the best method to do it is using the 2 seconds delay. But due to the fast pace and unpredictable fireworks. Just try above 2 ways b4 the firework and see which one give you the less shaking.

Well, I think I refer to higher F stop ( smaller aperture) because some time when it get too smoky... tent to get over exposed... so need to adjust your F stop to higher value.

kohweekuan said:

the preview one ? i did not go on the actual day

i just press and go why need to hold it there is it not b shutter

Status
Not open for further replies.