ND filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralburn

Dec 13, 2008
Heya guys...just saw some ppl take nice lookin pics n all..n from last time..im always intrigued by these ND filters..these filters reduce amt of sunrays or light to enter rite??
i might wanna get it soon though i nt sure how..like wat is the size? i wanna put it on my sony kit lens 18-70 if able to..u know ard how much it costs?

Please do a search for "ND filter cost" and you'll have your answer. Look at the front of your lens to know the thread size.

Heya guys...just saw some ppl take nice lookin pics n all..n from last time..im always intrigued by these ND filters..these filters reduce amt of sunrays or light to enter rite??
i might wanna get it soon though i nt sure how..like wat is the size? i wanna put it on my sony kit lens 18-70 if able to..u know ard how much it costs?

amount of light.

time to google. "nd filters"

look in "others" and filter list price to get a rough feel of fiilter size..

anyways, you might want to get a square filter rather than the screw in type. more versatile, can stack with gnd.

anyways, i don't know why i am replying, because i am getting the vibe that you will ask 20 questions back after my post..

Hi Feralburn, I was as curious as you previously, and had the similar set of question as you before. Generally, some nice fellow forum pals had replied, and I've learnt from them. Generally, the size of the ND filter can be obtained from the lens. You are see a Ø55 printing on your lens. That will be the size you should buy for the filter. Hope this help. ;)

Hi, would like to also 'tompang' in this thread asking wats the difference between the brands of the filters? Cos I'm looking to get a CPL filter and saw quite a difference in price for like between Hoya and Tokina..
Can any gurus here shed some light on this?? :dunno:

Hi, would like to also 'tompang' in this thread asking wats the difference between the brands of the filters? Cos I'm looking to get a CPL filter and saw quite a difference in price for like between Hoya and Tokina..
Can any gurus here shed some light on this?? :dunno:

Many gurus already have, in other threads. Try a search for "filter brands"

Roger that then, thanx!!

the Cokin system square filters. :thumbsup:

I have one that will fit your lens, but do you have a goat you can trade-in?

ohhh icic..thanks guys...eh sorry man..i was just merely askin for help...will do look up on everytin u guys have pointed out..
thanks again!

I have one that will fit your lens, but do you have a goat you can trade-in?

lol whats the goat bro?? anw..thx anw for the offer bro..but im gonna get a brand new one most prob this sat. thanks again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.