ND Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdyH

Mar 8, 2005
HI All

Just wondering, is anyone using ND(Neutral Density) filters. What values of the filters do u normally buy since it come in various values.

Wat's the average pricing for such filters.

Thanks.

I don't like ND filter...I use CPL...It also cut off some light from entering + it also reduce reflection...;)

AdyH said:
HI All

Just wondering, is anyone using ND(Neutral Density) filters. What values of the filters do u normally buy since it come in various values.

Wat's the average pricing for such filters.

Thanks.

Filters that I use range from 1 to 16 stops of light reduction across the various formats I use ie: 39,52,77mm round and 100mm Lee. Normally I carry at all times at least a 2 stop filter and in summer here in Australia a 4 stop filter.

I can't give you an average price as some of the glass filters are custom made and would throw out the price. Most of my off the shelf ND's though cost around 50~100 USD per unit.

If you want a one filter system, go with ND4. If you use it a lot you can get an ND2 and ND8, and stack them if necessary.

Doubt you'll really need the more "potent" versions unless you have a very specific use for them.

Thanks all for the info. Tink it wud be sufficient for me to start with. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.