NBA finals - Spurs vs Pistons

Who's going to win the NBA finals?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs is shooting a lot of 3s.

66-72 (in favor of Spurs). I think it is game over for Detroit - unless it does a T-Mac this time

1:31 DET - Foul on R. Hamilton
1:31 DET - Offensive foul on R. Hamilton
2:01 DET - C. Billups misses the second free throw
1:38 DET - B. Wallace defensive rebound
1:39 SA - T. Duncan misses shot
2:00 SA - R. Horry offensive rebound
2:01 DET - L. Hunter enters game for T. Prince
2:01 DET - C. Billups hits the first free throw
2:01 SA - Shooting foul on B. Bowen
2:04 DET - B. Wallace defensive rebound

Ooooooh Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spurs is the World Champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manu for Finals MVP!!!!!

Duncan wins his third finals MVP with 25 points. :)
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Until he wrapped his XXL hands around another MVP trophy, the closest thing to a display of emotion from Tim Duncan came in the fourth quarter, when almost no one was looking. He allowed himself a brief glance over his shoulder to savor the moment, clenched both fists and shook them for the briefest of moments.

It didn't come after a thundering dunk, a nothing-but-net jump shot, a momentum-turning block or rebound, or any of the other glam numbers from the stat line that won Duncan his third MVP award in an NBA Finals.

Staying completely in character, America's most reluctant superstar had just thrown a quick diagonal pass out of a double team, watched as teammate Manu Ginobili's 3-pointer rattled around the rim and fell through, and turned up court and allowed himself that quick celebration.

Then he went right back to work.

It might have been his least spectacular play on a night when the San Antonio Spurs won a third NBA championship by riding his 25 points, 11 rebounds, two blocks and two other assists. But chances are it was his favorite.

``It's definitely an honor,'' Duncan said, ``but this team has so many MVPs.''

ha, i finally found a cafe in bugis and watched it... they told me they didnt turn the tv on until the afternoon, but i pulled some strings... what a great game!

manu carried the team on 3 games vs Duncan's 1. If they give it to Duncan might as well give it to Big Shot Bob.

Italian League champ, Olympics Champ and now NBA champ.....no bad for a 57th draft pick......

Eric

I guess if you look at overall contribution and how Duncan came thru in 4th Q, he still deserves the MVP. As for Manu, he's great in several matches in the final when Spurs win but non-factor in the losses?

but so is Duncan in those losses....

but i'm glad it's Pistons vs Spurs in the Finals

On a side note, anyone thinks that Heat will bounce back next season? Wade will get better, but Shaq older.

kthan said:
but so is Duncan in those losses....

but i'm glad it's Pistons vs Spurs in the Finals

On a side note, anyone thinks that Heat will bounce back next season? Wade will get better, but Shaq older.
actually, i had expected the finals to be pretty dead on scoring as they were the NBA's top 2 defensive teams. i particularly enjoyed the final 3 games, which i think best defined both teams. it was a pitty that there had to be a loser, as both teams played well for the 3-game high-stakes mini-series!! :thumbsup: be it not as exciting as the NBA finals series of the bulls-jazz or lakers-76ers!!

the heat should be up there again next season, but i do not expect them to ever be as sucessful as the shaq-kobe combo!! :dunno: (why kobe, why??) the heat also need to get better role players, zo, eddies and damon jones are good starts :thumbsup:

(forgot to close this thread...) would just like to thank all CSers who contributed to the thread including, tao, megaweb, zaxh81, stefern, parkertr, shawnlim, jeff49er, kegler, big kahuna, pinoy_sap, tmc, ray_stinger, nemesis32, jake shuttlesworth, agape01, serene, wind30, simonsng, clq, sbs99, adam goi, sfhuang, joebob2318, haagen_dazs, cast123, and kthan...

phew :sweat:

i enjoyed the thread... maybe someone can start a thread on the off-season trades and signings, favourite teams / players, or kobe's sexual assault case... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.