National Geographic submission

ambassadeur

Nov 23, 2014
bukit panjang
hi, My picture almost end up in National Geographic front page. But most of my shot are take in horizontal. National Geographic email me asking for vertical shot. what to do? all my best shot are taken
in horizontal. Most were taken with my Nikon D80.
remember guys take vertical shot for magazine submission.

Nat Geo...always pushing photographers to the outer limits. They want the cream of the crop the creme de le creme or whatever...if you want the cover (or the interior)...work yourself to the next level. If you have already climbed the mountain this far you certainly can reach the summit as well! :)

As said by CS bro the other day (and I personally I consider him to be Nat Geo caliber type of guy)...

In life, there're few peaks to conquer. Look ahead, persevere - Victor Cheah.

Last edited:
wah lau they email is form Editor in Chief, National Geographic
what to reply?

"I will work on it and get back to you asap" maybe??? :dunno:

Sounds like a good problem to have. :cool:

This comes from Practical Photography Magazine June 2010 issue article concerning Charlie Hamilton James, Kingfishers, and Nat Geo...

"..After a long and painful courtship, Charlie finally realized his lifetime goal and had a batch of images accepted by Nat Geo. "You don't just show up with some good pictures and get them in," he says, "I shot kingfishers obsessively for five years, mostly at my own cost, until they finally agreed." The clause in the last sentence adds up to tens of thousands of pounds. No pleasure without pain, and all that."

"However, I really like working for them. They don't just look at your best images and pat you on the back saying 'well done'. They say, 'Charlie, you need to work on your light', or 'You really need to take this up to the next level, create something no one's done before'. They're perfectionists and I like that."

Hope this helps you get your mindset right sir. :)