My wife just bought me an Canon 450D

Congrats! Shoot more and learn more :)

awesome wife you got!

i been telling my other half i want a filter for a long long time... saliva dry already still nothing.

ended up buying it myself. fastest way to get things done.

anyway, just go out and shoot plenty with it, and post some up to show us, and we can offer some suggestions. some harsh, some gentle, but all in the name of improvements!

The trick is to leave a note on the wall

STUFF I REALLY WANT:
1. XXX lens from YYY shop for ZZZ dollars.
2. ..........

Then you can get your SO to buy you stuff you want also :p

The trick is to leave a note on the wall

STUFF I REALLY WANT:
1. XXX lens from YYY shop for ZZZ dollars.
2. ..........

Then you can get your SO to buy you stuff you want also :p
Oh really? I'm coming over to write on your wall................................:bsmilie:

haha, tell you folks, the trick to let your wife "acknowledge" or "encourage" you to take photo is to let them enjoy the benefit of your photography to the fullest. Here is how:

Before you put that ring on that special lady of yours, during my dating time, I was already plotting....One of my favorite outings with my lady is photo excursion. With my working camera and lenses, I've made a lot of jealous stares from other people GF which my wife told me whenever I was taking her portraiture. That more or less makes her feel proud because her BF was investing thousands of dollars on her photo shots while others are using P&S.

My wife (still gf then) very 1st b-day gift was a poster size portraiture I took of her. I was cracking my brain for a b-day gift back then because I really wanted to surprise her with a special present.

I saved up for a 70-200 f2.8L (no IS) and learn how to take portraiture and experiment with films, flash, filter on her skin tone and around her b-day, I went all around SG to get the printing and framing done. Even the lady who frame the poster for me told me its a very sweet present and she told me she was so jealous of her. On her b-day, I gave her that poster and asked for her signature like a superstar! She told me its the best gift she ever receive in her life!

That poster is now a proud display inside her study and every1 who came for house warming, gathering and festive seasons will compliment on that poster. My mother-in-law even quarrel with my father-in-law why she never see him giving her such a "masterpiece".

I still remember when I sold my 70-200 f2.8L to get a traveling zoom, since already 老夫老妻 (old hubby old wife liao) my wife was not happy with me and told me photography is no longer your own personal hobby, its a kind of relationship that bonds both of us together even before we got married. She told me those camera and lenses are no longer a tool but a rather a bridge that bond us together and eventually became part of our lives.

So bros and sis, go paint a nice picture and con your way into your relationship with photography. Its not hard to get the go ahead with more "local purchase" or budget if you plan ahead....coz photography is no longer just you alone, its in the relationship already :cool:

PS : remember to include more of her inside the 450D when you start shooting. A ratio of 7 : 3 (7 her photos, 3 all others) should work nicely.;p

Last edited:
haha, tell you folks, the trick to let your wife "acknowledge" or "encourage" you to take photo is to let them enjoy the benefit of your photography to the fullest. Here is how:

Before you put that ring on that special lady of yours, during my dating time, I was already plotting....One of my favorite outings with my lady is photo excursion. With my working camera and lenses, I've made a lot of jealous stares from other people GF which my wife told me whenever I was taking her portraiture. That more or less makes her feel proud because her BF was investing thousands of dollars on her photo shots while others are using P&S.

My wife (still gf then) very 1st b-day gift was a poster size portraiture I took of her. I was cracking my brain for a b-day gift back then because I really wanted to surprise her with a special present.

I saved up for a 70-200 f2.8L (no IS) and learn how to take portraiture and experiment with films, flash, filter on her skin tone and around her b-day, I went all around SG to get the printing and framing done. Even the lady who frame the poster for me told me its a very sweet present and she told me she was so jealous of her. On her b-day, I gave her that poster and asked for her signature like a superstar! She told me its the best gift she ever receive in her life!

That poster is now a proud display inside her study and every1 who came for house warming, gathering and festive seasons will compliment on that poster. My mother-in-law even quarrel with my father-in-law why she never see him giving her such a "masterpiece".

I still remember when I sold my 70-200 f2.8L to get a traveling zoom, since already 老夫老妻 (old hubby old wife liao) my wife was not happy with me and told me photography is no longer your own personal hobby, its a kind of relationship that bonds both of us together even before we got married. She told me those camera and lenses are no longer a tool but a rather a bridge that bond us together and eventually became part of our lives.

So bros and sis, go paint a nice picture and con your way into your relationship with photography. Its not hard to get the go ahead with more "local purchase" or budget if you plan ahead....coz photography is no longer just you alone, its in the relationship already :cool:

PS : remember to include more of her inside the 450D when you start shooting. A ratio of 7 : 3 (7 her photos, 3 all others) should work nicely.;p

:thumbsup: Tips and tricks for youngsters like me :D

kewl!

safe trip with your family... welcome to the club!:)