My scammed experience in BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS @Funan

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those in the mood for lynching... and asking CS Admins/mods for permission, can i suggest you read the Terms and Conditions (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63954)... specifically:

"Responsibility for what is posted in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public posting areas on the ClubSNAP lies with each member - you alone are responsible for any material that you post. You agree not to post or transmit any defamatory, abusive, obscene, threatening or illegal material, or any other material that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy the Site or that infringes on the rights of others. You agree to conform to site policies and guidelines concerning the size, length, format, subject, content, or relevancy of the materials you submit.

Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries and affiliated companies harmless from any and all claims, demands or other liabilities, including legal fees and costs, that are made by any third party due to or arising from Your use of the Web Site or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.

If you post material on ClubSNAP, you may prompt third-parties into making statements about you that may be defamatory or offensive, even though your postings may be unobjectionable. You agree not to respond in kind, but to bring these statements to the attention of the Moderators and Administrators. By posting on ClubSNAP you are agreeing to hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies harmless and release Us from all claims, demands or other liabilities for any statements or material concerning you that are posted on the site by third parties, including by moderators and other volunteers, provided that we avail you with the opportunity to answer. If you are unable to respond because you have been banned from the site, upon request you will be reinstated for a sufficient length of time to respond."

so think twice. at the end of the day, buyer beware. we have mentioned this to death - there is a good reason why the more seasoned CSers only buy stuff from the reputable stores with a solid history, even if the prices are a tad higher than some shops. (i am not saying that these reputable authorised dealer shops dun have problems. a simple online search will reveal past complaints) the reason we stick to them is because there is a smaller tendency to pull a fast one on consumers. if you choose to go to otherwise well-established shops, it is your own pasal (as our malay friends will say). :think:

Save your energy la. Blacklisting has been around for so long. Many many shops in SLS and SLT all blacklisted, so what? life/business goes on for them. Just like the many past warnings in this forum, a blacklist will only work if buyers do due diligence (aka homework) BEFORE buying. But sadly, it seems most get ripped off, conned, then somehow know how to register, come into here and complain. "Horse after the Cannon" 马后炮 really.

agreed 100% those in bold:thumbsup:

I keep seeing people here like to post in this order
1) Making comments against victim point of view
2) Mentioning of home works
3) After that, farted in the victim's face

I mean Mr., what's that 'homework' you're talking about? If people come in ask thing, you complained them come in spoon feed, people check on prices and what, you tell them not enough, people checked and finally go buy genna scam, you tell them they never do homework... From my point of view, it's hillarious... :bsmilie:

Why not you provide 'tutorials' for us, the buyers to learn how to check price, make purchase and make the right decision then? :bsmilie:

checking prices is 1 thing, but in TS case, he skip 1 step... which is to check the goods before paying

ok, if you want to prove it, i can go down with you to the police station, they have recorded down the case including my personal information and the so called manager's.

i do not understand what you are thinking, i am just a normal customer and got scammed and want to warn the other ppl here, why would i defame a shop without any reason, it is obvious that a lot of CSer here have been cheated or almost scammed by the BALLY shop as well, how come you thought it is untrue?

I think it won't be that easy to start a thread on that, like you said its defamation if its untrue but even if its true, how do you prove it? A receipt and accounts of what happened cannot amount to evidence. A thread on that might just be inviting trouble.

yes it is a horse after the cannon, but if i chose to be silence, you and a lot of ppl might not know what Bally shop really is, and maybe some day, you are the one being scammed, then you will be happy with that?

ok, homework again, i do have done some homework, and i know the roughly price of 60D kit, that is also the reason why i got scammed by the lower price offered by the Bally shop, but yes, i did not do enough homework, i did not know funan also have scamming shops, and i regret, about this forum, i knew this for a while, but i did not have a id and did not post something, because i do not have a DSLR and i do not have any experience to share, now, i want to share my scammed experience first to remind CSers here, is this wrong?

Save your energy la. Blacklisting has been around for so long. Many many shops in SLS and SLT all blacklisted, so what? life/business goes on for them. Just like the many past warnings in this forum, a blacklist will only work if buyers do due diligence (aka homework) BEFORE buying. But sadly, it seems most get ripped off, conned, then somehow know how to register, come into here and complain. "Horse after the Cannon" 马后炮 really.

Yo TS, sorry to hear ya bad exp, its a lesson learnt,

Most importantly, u realize the prob, got it resolved, than what u waiting for....spent more time shooting and improving yourself,

Just closed this thread, we all got the msg. Hope u do too....

Cheers...:)

for those in the mood for lynching... and asking CS Admins/mods for permission, can i suggest you read the Terms and Conditions (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63954)... specifically:

"Responsibility for what is posted in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public posting areas on the ClubSNAP lies with each member - you alone are responsible for any material that you post. You agree not to post or transmit any defamatory, abusive, obscene, threatening or illegal material, or any other material that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy the Site or that infringes on the rights of others. You agree to conform to site policies and guidelines concerning the size, length, format, subject, content, or relevancy of the materials you submit.

Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries and affiliated companies harmless from any and all claims, demands or other liabilities, including legal fees and costs, that are made by any third party due to or arising from Your use of the Web Site or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.

If you post material on ClubSNAP, you may prompt third-parties into making statements about you that may be defamatory or offensive, even though your postings may be unobjectionable. You agree not to respond in kind, but to bring these statements to the attention of the Moderators and Administrators. By posting on ClubSNAP you are agreeing to hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies harmless and release Us from all claims, demands or other liabilities for any statements or material concerning you that are posted on the site by third parties, including by moderators and other volunteers, provided that we avail you with the opportunity to answer. If you are unable to respond because you have been banned from the site, upon request you will be reinstated for a sufficient length of time to respond."

so think twice. at the end of the day, buyer beware. we have mentioned this to death - there is a good reason why the more seasoned CSers only buy stuff from the reputable stores with a solid history, even if the prices are a tad higher than some shops. (i am not saying that these reputable authorised dealer shops dun have problems. a simple online search will reveal past complaints) the reason we stick to them is because there is a smaller tendency to pull a fast one on consumers. if you choose to go to otherwise well-established shops, it is your own pasal (as our malay friends will say). :think:

This is fair. Thanks for the heads up.

just do some homework before you go out shopping to avoid all these

you cannot totally blame the shop if you are willing to pay without doing homework

Status
Not open for further replies.