My scammed experience in BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS @Funan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and have also proposed this earlier. But I think that we should check with a moderator or an administrator before we venture in this area. There may be some legalities involved and we wouldn't want any members to get into trouble or to have ClubSnap closed down as a result.

There are already many things said in this thread that could result in a lawsuit (defamation) if they are not true. Better to tread prudently and carefully. This is a forum open to the public just like a newspaper.

If any moderators or administrators are reading this, could you please comment and guide us. Alternatively, how do we send a message to the forum head? Does anyone know?

I think it won't be that easy to start a thread on that, like you said its defamation if its untrue but even if its true, how do you prove it? A receipt and accounts of what happened cannot amount to evidence. A thread on that might just be inviting trouble.

I think it won't be that easy to start a thread on that, like you said its defamation if its untrue but even if its true, how do you prove it? A receipt and accounts of what happened cannot amount to evidence. A thread on that might just be inviting trouble.

Yes, that's what I was afraid of. That's why I posted carefully using that kind of wording. Any lawyers on this forum that can advise us?

Do not say you get scammed, it is your greed for lower price that lead you there.

there is no free lunch in this world.

paying $ to get experience.

well at least now you will not be lure into sweet deal trap.

....just a quick question.... do you work for Bally?

Hmm, I pity you being conned or cheated by salesman which is not supposed to do that in the eyes of law...:(But all the while, when we purchased anything in the first place, of course we have to check the goods and agreed with the price and items before paying no matter how cheap or how persuasive the salesman is...The second thing is at least you did your homework before you purchased anything or you could ask your friend which is familiar to guide you along funan... Sometimes people will go to the extreme of a damn few dollars to comment or said expensive, Then what about Harvey Norman, Courts or Challenger selling at RCP Prices? Sometimes when stocks replenishing is not enough, it is very common for it to get with the shop. I saw John 3:16 also getting their stocks else-where sometimes, does that mean something is going on as well? I bought my camera there and few products together with my friends at SLR- Revo, they are very friendly and approachable unlike other shops... :thumbsup:BTW all of you said that SLR-Revo is related to BALLY?
Unless you have the evidence to proof, if not they will be maligned by no reason... :nono:And last but not least, boycotting doesn't gets you anywhere. It is the consumer that loses out in the long run. Don't Act Noble and behave like a Kid that grumbles with those god damn principles like the world is really that purified.:thumbsd:

Principals are principals, and I am going to do my homework to really see if these two shops are under the same ownership / management. If they are, I honestly will not spend money with SLR-R either.

Shopping at Bally's is a terrible experience and it gives a bad rap to the shopping centre and Singapore.

When you do establish a link or otherwise between Bally and SLR-R, please be sure to let the rest of us know.

If they are not related, it would be fair to SLR-R to let everyone on this forum know so that their name and reputation can be cleared.

If however the opposite is true, then I feel as you do.... principles are principles and money should not be spent there.

When you do establish a link or otherwise between Bally and SLR-R, please be sure to let the rest of us know.

If they are NOT related, in fairness to SLR-R, everyone on this forum should be made aware so that their name and reputation can be cleared.

If however the opposite is true, then I feel as you do.... principles are principles and money should not be spent there.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that the EDIT button is not available in this thread???:dunno:

I've confirmed that it is available in other threads!

just so you know, that policy is also not foolproof, got other means of abuse.

of course consumers are happy... you can don't need to rent lens already... want to shoot wedding? BUY A D3, BUY TRINITY LENS.

after the wedding, RETURN TO SHOP.

RENTAL FEE = ZERO

QUESTIONS ASKED = ZERO

i do not agree with your statement that this is something that should be implemented in singapore. i have seen loads of cases of abuse in other countries due to overly liberal consumer rights and for the sake of our local businesses, due to the fact that singaporeans are very kiasu.... i think something intermediate will be better.

I understand what you say. It is a chicken and egg situation here.
You want to protect the interest of the shop owners or the customers like you and me.
As I am a customer, I will prefer such a law to protect me.

Perhaps a modified law can be introduced that will protect the interest of BOTH parties.
As some members had said that he saw many tourists in this SINKO shop. I feel sad that many of them will be con and fleeced and eventually create a bad image for Singapore.

I am all for shops to earn a good profit and commissions but I am DAMNED AGAINST blatant cheating, lying and con jobs like promising 1 brand and giving another or inflating the price of the item by 100 % !

:angry::angry::angry:

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that the EDIT button is not available in this thread???:dunno:

I've confirmed that it is available in other threads!

Editing of posts is not allowed in Consumers Corner...

I agree :thumbsup:

After kena chop twice, my strategy is go to the shop, point at the item I want to buy and say only 3 words to them => "pack it up".

1) Never listen to any of their "recommendations"
2) Never buy "extended warranty"
3) Always insist on testing the goods working conditions before leaving the shop.

Sometimes, they don't try to cheap you on the big items where you can easily find out the price but they will try to chop you on third party items where the exact retail price cannot be determine easily.

Exactly, a so called reputable camera shop in AMK tried to chop my friend last week when I accompanied her to buy an S95. The price of the S95 was alright, but the price of third party battery was inflated. :sweat:

Hey, this sounds bad enough for you to consider writing or calling CASE to file an official complaint.

Or does anyone knows whether this can be brought to the attention of the Singapore Tourism Board? I think some "bad" shops in Sim Lim & Lucky Plaza are black-listed by STB.

Get this bloody shop BLACK-LISTED by the relavent authourity TOO :angry:

One more thing... if i were you, i would post the same article on other Electronics/Camera ( Hardwarezone) web forums too... to warn other unsuspecting victims.

Send your complaint to Straits Time Forum too. Can't let them off too easily !!!

Thanks for sharing yr experience.

If they are not related, it would be fair to SLR-R to let everyone on this forum know so that their name and reputation can be cleared.

It has already been established in this thread by a mod...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6601918&postcount=39

Hey, this sounds bad enough for you to consider writing or calling CASE to file an official complaint.

Or does anyone knows whether this can be brought to the attention of the Singapore Tourism Board? I think some "bad" shops in Sim Lim & Lucky Plaza are black-listed by STB.

Get this bloody shop BLACK-LISTED by the relavent authourity TOO :angry:

One more thing... if i were you, i would post the same article on other Electronics/Camera ( Hardwarezone) web forums too... to warn other unsuspecting victims.

Send your complaint to Straits Time Forum too. Can't let them off too easily !!!

Thanks for sharing yr experience.

Save your energy la. Blacklisting has been around for so long. Many many shops in SLS and SLT all blacklisted, so what? life/business goes on for them. Just like the many past warnings in this forum, a blacklist will only work if buyers do due diligence (aka homework) BEFORE buying. But sadly, it seems most get ripped off, conned, then somehow know how to register, come into here and complain. "Horse after the Cannon" 马后炮 really.

I understand what you say. It is a chicken and egg situation here.
You want to protect the interest of the shop owners or the customers like you and me.
As I am a customer, I will prefer such a law to protect me.

Perhaps a modified law can be introduced that will protect the interest of BOTH parties.
As some members had said that he saw many tourists in this SINKO shop. I feel sad that many of them will be con and fleeced and eventually create a bad image for Singapore.

I am all for shops to earn a good profit and commissions but I am DAMNED AGAINST blatant cheating, lying and con jobs like promising 1 brand and giving another or inflating the price of the item by 100 % !

:angry::angry::angry:

of course, all want their best interests

at the end of the day, no policy pleases everywhere.

maybe somewhere in between, but it doesn't really cover anyone entirely. :bsmilie:

since it happen already, just let it go and enjoy photography ba...

no point a black list thread is made as there will be ppl being "chop", not only by bally but in many places as well...

important thing is take your new camera to enjoy shooting.... just avoid the shop next time.....

Save your energy la. Blacklisting has been around for so long. Many many shops in SLS and SLT all blacklisted, so what? life/business goes on for them. Just like the many past warnings in this forum, a blacklist will only work if buyers do due diligence (aka homework) BEFORE buying. But sadly, it seems most get ripped off, conned, then somehow know how to register, come into here and complain. "Horse after the Cannon" 马后炮 really.

I keep seeing people here like to post in this order
1) Making comments against victim point of view
2) Mentioning of home works
3) After that, farted in the victim's face

I mean Mr., what's that 'homework' you're talking about? If people come in ask thing, you complained them come in spoon feed, people check on prices and what, you tell them not enough, people checked and finally go buy genna scam, you tell them they never do homework... From my point of view, it's hillarious... :bsmilie:

Why not you provide 'tutorials' for us, the buyers to learn how to check price, make purchase and make the right decision then? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.