My scammed experience in BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS @Funan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never trust a salesman. Never let your defences down. Never believe that reputable camera shops exist. Never...........

Never trust a salesman. Never let your defences down. Never believe that reputable camera shops exist. Never...........

At the end of the day, its all about profit. If they don't want profit, why open a shop?;)

You used the police to leverage your way out of a mess you got yourself into.
Our police meant to deal with more important things.

Over a difference of $80, you walk all over the place and get yourself into a lousy deal.
The shop knows what motivates you - the kunchiongness to get a very small discount.
So the trigger was the small price difference. They have seen many people like you.
And they know exactly how to get you.

Next time, walk into a pro shop and pay more and get proper service and better equipment.

And be extra careful with people who invoke religion in their shop names.

I would like to ask how do you tell the shop is a "pro" shop? And mind you, this is a cheating case, of cos the police has to be involved!!! I dont think it is right to say that our "police is meant to deal with more important things". :nono:

023.JPG

this is the invoice, the first item is 60D kit at S$2050 after the whole urgly scenes i have described above, the second item is 62mm HOYA UV filter at S$50 that is not fit to my lens, the third and fourth are the gifts of Canon, the last item is the freebie, it is a clean kit, and i do not think it is worth more than S$5...

btw, i know the name and have the pic of the manager, is it legial to expose him?

ok, maybe i post a photo this evening, actually i also took a photo of the scamming manager, should i also post his photo? but the rude sales, he was avoiding my camera, so i did not get a photo of his face.

023.JPG

this is the invoice, the first item is 60D kit at S$2050 after the whole urgly scenes i have described above, the second item is 62mm HOYA UV filter at S$50 that is not fit to my lens, the third and fourth are the gifts of Canon, the last item is the freebie, it is a clean kit, and i do not think it is worth more than S$5...

btw, i know the name and have the pic of the manager, is it legial to expose him?

Wow. Nice one. Buy Canon, free Nikon cleaning kit. Tt shop is weird lah. Everytime I walk past only at the most, 1 customer. 90% of the time only their salespeople. And tt's saying a lot, seeing as I go to Funan about twice or thrice a week.

I once bought an ND4 filter from them. And I'm pretty sure I kena chop. $70 for Hoya ND4 is too much right? It's my own fault for not doing my own research so I blame myself. Haha

This is the problem with many Singaporeans consumers. They have no principles ... ...

They talk about how they sympathise with the victim, they hurled abuse at the said retailers in support for the victim in the forums. Yet for $10 savings, they would forget all about it.

If SLR Revo is indeed owned by the same boss, why would I still want to give business to anyone who has unscrupulous business practice? There are no other retailer in Singapore worthy of our business issit???

Nope. I will still boycott SLR Revo if what I hear is true.

They dun deserve our business. There are many ethical retailers out there so I will support them instead.

Just because they are $10 cheaper wont sway me to support an owner with split personality with questionable business ethics.

My colleague saw SLR Revo took stock from Bally.
In fact, if both shops below to same owner, it is not logical for the owner to run 2 shops in different manners, unless the owner has split personality. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

I saw a HK movie 10 years ago. There is one funny scene which I can still remember clearly.

There are 2 stalls selling oranges. Stall A sell 3 oranges for $10 and stall B sell 4 oranges for $10. Everyone buy oranges at stall B because it is cheaper.

At the end of the day, stall B finish selling its oranges and stall A owner bring a few cantons of his oranges to stall B and said to stall B owner.

"Big brother, lets exchange price tags tomorrow. I also want to enjoy the feeling of counting money" :bsmilie:

I agree :thumbsup:

After kena chop twice, my strategy is go to the shop, point at the item I want to buy and say only 3 words to them => "pack it up".

1) Never listen to any of their "recommendations"
2) Never buy "extended warranty"
3) Always insist on testing the goods working conditions before leaving the shop.

Sometimes, they don't try to cheap you on the big items where you can easily find out the price but they will try to chop you on third party items where the exact retail price cannot be determine easily.

I agree :thumbsup:

After kena chop twice, my strategy is go to the shop, point at the item I want to buy and say only 3 words to them => "pack it up".

1) Never listen to any of their "recommendations"
2) Never buy "extended warranty"
3) Always insist on testing the goods working conditions before leaving the shop.

Sometimes, they don't try to cheap you on the big items where you can easily find out the price but they will try to chop you on third party items where the exact retail price cannot be determine easily.

True but i think the safest option is to know your stuff, after talking to you for a bit they will know that you are not someone they can cheat, then they dun dare to smoke you. That's why doing your homework is impt.

Bally F*****G Photo ! ! !

I had a similar incident, but not to the extreme of calling the police... It was CNY or smoething else when all the reputed shops were closed and Bally was the KING ;(

Here is what happened... the thread is a reminder just like this one!

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468934

Heard so many horror stories too. Unfortunately, I bought my 1st cam gear at the fair and it was sold by Bally Photo. Their recommendation to buy the kit lens 55mm-250mm sucks big time. I only used it 3 times since I bought it. Thank God I sold it off. They are so shortsighted in wanting to make quick buck. This is a hobby where we will constantly upgrade. You can safely say - I never go to the shop if I can help it.

My preference is TK photo (see Philip). He is so patient. and Samuel in John 3:16 who will regale you with advice. Both will take their time to find out what your future needs are and help you to build up your gear. I'm into nature photography - birding and macro. So, it's great to be able to find people you can rely on their advice - even sales folks.

The whole idea of owning your gear is not necessarily get the cheapest, it's to get the most value for your buck. You want to walk out the shop feeling satisfied with your purchase. My prices comparison shows that it usually varies between $20-$70. Unless you want to be more hardworking, then you will go to all the available shops to compare prices. If the shop asst is rude, I wont even buy if the price is the lowest. I'll be holding the gear for a long time. The last thing I want is to have nasty memories.

And finally, it's best to go with people who have bought items from them and have built up the rapport and trust.

Good luck for your next purchase. Note you haven't got your tripod. This will be another hurdle - Take your time to decide and ask around. Check with Philip at TK. But if you really want to go budget, try Camera Corner - ask Eugene or Orient Photo (but must bargain). They have better selections. ;)

Good luck for your next purchase.

A shop that cheat will always cheat again if the opportunity arrive.
Any shop that ask you to pay first without showing you the goods is a shop that will cheat you.
NEVER PART WITH YOUR CASH BEFORE INSPECTING THE MERCHANDISE.:nono:

This is the problem with many Singaporeans consumers. They have no principles ... ...

They talk about how they sympathise with the victim, they hurled abuse at the said retailers in support for the victim in the forums. Yet for $10 savings, they would forget all about it.

If SLR Revo is indeed owned by the same boss, why would I still want to give business to anyone who has unscrupulous business practice? There are no other retailer in Singapore worthy of our business issit???

:thumbsup: Well said! :thumbsup:

I would even go on to say that this behaviour is not limited to Singaporeans only but people all over the world.

We must support the reputable shops that we know and trust, not the shops that cheat and lie just to save ourselves a dollar. This includes those shops that are viscous wolves dressed in sheep's clothing (ie. SLR Revo).

interestingly... one shop run on "carrot" model and the other run honest model...

As for me, it does bring shivers down the spine when I step into an empty camera shop in these places... if deal is too good to be true, I will walk away.

My first camera is with Bally. However I brought an experience friend who is in photograhy to buy the DSLR with me. He pulled me around many shops in Funan and finally settle at Bally cos the price offered is cheaper too. And I was like writing prices all over a piece of paper on a paper and the sale guy in Bally saw it. He said since I done my homework, the price he offered is the lowest.

Then the filter stratergy came in, he recommended that I buy a filter for a 15-55mm lens and said it important for a lens. My frd said no. He then proceed to try sell other accessories to me and my frd said no need. Before I pay the cash, the sale guy say the filter is really recommended and my frd said he just a beginner, no need buy so many items yet and we walked out of the shop.

I am a happy customer of cos haha. :bsmilie:

It true that bringing an experience frd along do helps cos he know the best. :thumbsup:

Wow. Nice one. Buy Canon, free Nikon cleaning kit. Tt shop is weird lah. Everytime I walk past only at the most, 1 customer. 90% of the time only their salespeople. And tt's saying a lot, seeing as I go to Funan about twice or thrice a week.

I once bought an ND4 filter from them. And I'm pretty sure I kena chop. $70 for Hoya ND4 is too much right? It's my own fault for not doing my own research so I blame myself. Haha

That is why they are SO desperate for business and can't wait for the next lamb (customer) to enter into their lair (shop).

They will lie, cheat and con you by all means ! How on earth can you deal with them when they deny what they just said a few minutes ago !

I am puzzled ! In the States, all sold items can be return for an exchange or a full return within 1 week or two with no questions asked. It is the law there.
One can buy a camera in a sealed box without any checking and can rest assure of a refund if requested.

I think Singapore is long overdue for such a law here.

:(:(

i think we should create a thread which are the con shop so to let all the newbie know.

Status
Not open for further replies.