My scammed experience in BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS @Funan

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks man, you did the very right thing, and really very man, proud of you!
i bought my tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens there in bally photo funan several years ago, the guy there stated the price as 680, i was with my GF then (now she's my wife) and she insisted to get it for 600... and man, she was relentless!:bsmilie:

bally was the only shop left open that time, around 8pm, so i don't have a choice cos my GF wanted to share the cost of buying a lens as a Bday present, and she wanted to get it the day before my bday, so that on the actual day we could just enjoy.

anyways, the staff quoted the last price at 640... i asked him if that included GST and he said yes, after that, he asked me to pay first then he'll get the lens. i told him, the lens is just below the glass showcase, so might as well get it now, and we'll pay after inspection. so he had no choice but to get it.

after inspection, we proceeded to give him the cash, and that's when he started asking for 80 more, he said it's for warranty, and tax... i replied that he told me GST is inclusive in the 640 he quoted and he replied he never said that!

i got angry, i took the lens, asked my GF to step aside, and i asked the staff to go out from the shop and get the 80 from my pocket, if he could... he started to shout at me, so i came close to his face and told him... BE A MAN, QUIT YAPPING... IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY, LET'S BRAWL!

he shut up after that... and we just walked off! i'd enjoy scrapping it out with that scammer if he did came after us!

just sharing my experience, to TS, just enjoy your new toy... and do share your photos here in CS. just keep the filter as a souvenir of your first timer experience!;)

from reading your post, i'm assuming you are some big sized guy and tht guy prob can be pinned on the floor with just your fingers.

btw, did you bought the lens in the end?

The scammer guy is actually taller/bigger than me. Am barely 5ft 7in tall... he is still working there up to now... tall, big guy... now with spikey anime like hairdo.

Yeah , I took the lens home!;)

The scammer guy is actually taller/bigger than me. Am barely 5ft 7in tall... he is still working there up to now... tall, big guy... now with spikey anime like hairdo.

well, other then the challenge to brawl part, i applaud you for standing firm on paying for tht lens and walking off

but tK staff also blur i ask them the nissin 622 mark 2 flash price how much, they told me $190, & i buy, bring home i check is 622 only, next day i went down ask the uncle, they said they didn't sell mark 2 somemore they didn't test for me. he said they are regular customer everytime didn't test also, so i just walk out. no point angry. i go to j316 u know the guy (i think his sam). i ask him he told me to buy SB600 which have wireless somemore he still demo and let me see, i bought a tripod from him N-1205, You guess how he demo to me he said he 60KG he climb up hang at there say can tan han his weight. see i this is wat i want call demo, tk photo u ask the guy there keep quite no comment don't know, although it a bit $x in j316 but i like the service and there really show you, when u buy the lens, from them. How he demo the bokeh, which his shop is in dim light. so i find the trusted shop so far i see. other shop don't know how to explain and show u example.

My experience in TK is same, but depends on who serve ya. There's this older guy...stand there like a statue.... you ask him questions, he answer you what you can see with your own eyes, not very friendly, and probably give single sentence answers, and nothing else. Seems like dowan do business kind. While another time, I had another guy in the shop, he was very helpful and explain things to me... so I think TK depends who you tok to....

find david in tk foto, most of my gear i buy from him as he will demo things 1, my bag he also can demo how tough & reliable it is, and showing how you can utilize the divider to use ur bag :)

Sorry for this really noob question... is Bally Photo the shop right across John? I thought that shop is SLR-Revo.

Last time I went... only one or two weeks ago, I thought I have enter the SLR-Revo and bought a Kenko x1.4 teleconverter for S$230. To be fair, I find the salesperson (Antony Yeo) quite alright to deal with and very friendly, he didn't actually hard sell something to me. and I only realise the shop is Bally photo when he gave me his name card:embrass:.

So actually where is SLR-Rev? I tot I bought a few items from them... all of them are from the shop across John (because at that time when I visit, they are the only one open, John was close (1100a.m I tint)... which... now I realise was actually all from Bally?

Sorry for this really noob question... is Bally Photo the shop right across John? I thought that shop is SLR-Revo.

Last time I went... only one or two weeks ago, I thought I have enter the SLR-Revo and bought a Kenko x1.4 teleconverter for S$230. To be fair, I find the salesperson (Antony Yeo) quite alright to deal with and very friendly, he didn't actually hard sell something to me. and I only realise the shop is Bally photo when he gave me his name card:embrass:.

So actually where is SLR-Rev? I tot I bought a few items from them... all of them are from the shop across John (because at that time when I visit, they are the only one open, John was close (1100a.m I tint)... which... now I realise was actually all from Bally?

the one across from john 3:16 is SLR-Revolution

since bally has already scam so many innocent people, i think they probably get a huge retribution... i believe in karma..

Just wanna share some "safe" shopping tips I've learnt for myself which might have been useful for this case & probably many related cases:

1. Always research on prices and review before going out to shop (internet and telephone are at our fingertips these days).

2. Only consider buying what's been researched on, nothing more (i.e. don't even think about accessories, or alternatives recommended by the sales person). If want anything else, go back home and do #1 first)

3. Always insist to check out the item before paying. Any shop that asks for money first is already giving a strong signal that they aren't customer-oriented. So don't waste time, just say "sorry...you can't show me the item, I can't show you the money" and walk out of the shop. (Exceptions: online shopping, buying large items like furniture, appliances etc)

4. Constantly make self-reminders that buying is an impulse and all sales people know how to exploit this weakness. Manage this impulse, stick to the plan and the purchase should go well.

:)

TS, sorry to hear your story but glad you are taking it in your stride

I thought this often quoted line is applicable to quite a posts in this thread:

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

if you don't stand your ground in the face of brazen behaviour, when *do* you?

:)

U sound like u are not local..

So... Bally is on 2nd level? 2 shops away from Challenger Mini?

Walked pass their shop that day looking at their display, then a shopkeeper was at the door. Feeling an 'evil aura' from him, I stepped away...

Actually not so kuah zhang but his stare is not those type of "kuah simi" stare to keep you away, but like that of a hungry wolf. Very interesting indeed...

So... Bally is on 2nd level? 2 shops away from Challenger Mini?

Walked pass their shop that day looking at their display, then a shopkeeper was at the door. Feeling an 'evil aura' from him, I stepped away...

Actually not so kuah zhang but his stare is not those type of "kuah simi" stare to keep you away, but like that of a hungry wolf. Very interesting indeed...

was he drooling then? hahaha, like when a wolf sees a big juicy prey

I ever went to this shop last year , when i was looking for Canon Lens 17-55mm , he give me really cheap price SGD1100 , this was shocked me and i've decided never go to this shop again , why ? because he give me the strange price , and i know there will be something that not right .

SLRR and Bally are related? wow.

I buy my stuff at SLRR . They always give the best price at Funan. Nice people actually. They let me test out different lenses even if i tell them that I don't plan to buy on the same day.

WHich is the complete opposite of Bally, where they frown and get irritated when you dont want to buy right away.

was he drooling then? hahaha, like when a wolf sees a big juicy prey

Ok to clarify, I'm not a lady, I'm not a handsome slim guy (take all opposite and it'll be true)...

But seriously, he's folding his arm, target lock at me waiting for me to move a single step closer to the shop just to drag me in T_T...

I admit, I was looking at the big fat SB-900 at the glass panel but...

Jokes aside, no chance in hell will I buy from them anyway XD, I was on my way to John 3:16
You know:
Lvl Shop Idea
4 John 3:16 :angel:
2 Bally :devil:

:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.