My Printing experience

Tonistein

Nov 13, 2010
Queenstown
Been doing inkjet printing since 2000 using a variety of printers HP, Canon & Epson. Prior to that from 1994 to 99 I was operating photolabs Kodak & Fuji. During 2000 decided to operate from home with lesser overheads. Use HP at the beginning & switched to Epson till 2008 & switched to Canon till now. Started with A4 & A3 printers. In 2011 bought a Canon IPF5110 A2 printer. It's a very versatile printer & I printed a lot of panoramic prints from 3ft to 8ft. I also bought a roll laminator from GBC. Sadly in early 2015 the printer got major breakdown & I decided to junk it because the repair bill amounts to $1.5K. Then I got a problem. Got a whole lot of cartridges balanced - more than $700 worth but the supplier refused to take back even when I offered them at half price. I need to have at least an A3 printer & so I did an exhaustive search online for a suitable printer that suit my needs. I chose the Canon A3 IX6870 & A4 IP7270 both using 750/751 ink cartridges. Then I bought empty refillable cartridges from SLS & filled them with ink from my IPF5110 cartridges & use them exclusively on the IX6870. This is the first time I use non original ink cartridges but it's still Canon ink in the first place. It lasted me for more than a year & I print very heavily. There's no problem with the printing except the hues are lighter & I need to do some colour correction from time to time. I chose the IX6870 because it's one of two Canon printers that can print up to 26.5" long. The other Canon printers can only print up to 19" long. After using my A3 printer for 15 months my ink supply running low & so I start to look for alternative inks & viola Canon follow Epson style & came out with printers using external ink tanks. So I bought a few bottles of ink & now the colour correction is very minimal. Now I think back feeling good because I saved a lot by using alternative inks. $Canon 5110.jpg

Been doing inkjet printing since 2000 using a variety of printers HP, Canon & Epson. Prior to that from 1994 to 99 I was operating photolabs Kodak & Fuji. During 2000 decided to operate from home with lesser overheads. Use HP at the beginning & switched to Epson till 2008 & switched to Canon till now. Started with A4 & A3 printers. In 2011 bought a Canon IPF5110 A2 printer. It's a very versatile printer & I printed a lot of panoramic prints from 3ft to 8ft. I also bought a roll laminator from GBC. Sadly in early 2015 the printer got major breakdown & I decided to junk it because the repair bill amounts to $1.5K. Then I got a problem. Got a whole lot of cartridges balanced - more than $700 worth but the supplier refused to take back even when I offered them at half price. I need to have at least an A3 printer & so I did an exhaustive search online for a suitable printer that suit my needs. I chose the Canon A3 IX6870 & A4 IP7270 both using 750/751 ink cartridges. Then I bought empty refillable cartridges from SLS & filled them with ink from my IPF5110 cartridges & use them exclusively on the IX6870. This is the first time I use non original ink cartridges but it's still Canon ink in the first place. It lasted me for more than a year & I print very heavily. There's no problem with the printing except the hues are lighter & I need to do some colour correction from time to time. I chose the IX6870 because it's one of two Canon printers that can print up to 26.5" long. The other Canon printers can only print up to 19" long. After using my A3 printer for 15 months my ink supply running low & so I start to look for alternative inks & viola Canon follow Epson style & came out with printers using external ink tanks. So I bought a few bottles of ink & now the colour correction is very minimal. Now I think back feeling good because I saved a lot by using alternative inks.View attachment 10542

Interesting. Pigment ink on Dye printer.