My lens burned...

Does the lens still work? It looks like it should...

Does the lens still work? It looks like it should...

Took a few shots, the IQ seems still ok... Already sian 1/2 when saw the burnt mark... Tomorrow then continue further inspection...

Hmm... How should I tell the servicing centre? Will need to pay???

i think... you shouldn't mention that you used a 3rd party lens? just say that you just want to check if there's anything wrong with your camera.. especially the sensor.. don't mention anything about pointing it at the sun?

not to be dishonest but just to ascertain whether there's any fault. and after that, if you wanna go on about the melting incident or not, that i can't advise hahaha....

i think... you shouldn't mention that you used a 3rd party lens? just say that you just want to check if there's anything wrong with your camera.. especially the sensor.. don't mention anything about pointing it at the sun?

not to be dishonest but just to ascertain whether there's any fault. and after that, if you wanna go on about the melting incident or not, that i can't advise hahaha....

ic ic. Hopefully they will take it in without asking too much questions... Making a story to tell is a pain in the ass :angel:

erm... melting incident? What's that? Oh, you mean global warming is it? Lol
(Disclaimer: This thread has nothing to do with the person who will be sending in his Sony A33 for sensor inspection)

ic ic. Hopefully they will take it in without asking too much questions... Making a story to tell is a pain in the ass :angel:

erm... melting incident? What's that? Oh, you mean global warming is it? Lol
(Disclaimer: This thread has nothing to do with the person who will be sending in his Sony A33 for sensor inspection)

just remember... innocent until proven guilty :bsmilie:

NSC staff: 'why is there a melted marks?'

TS: 'donno? It just melts, can cover warranty right?'

NSC staff: '...'

can't imagine how the staff will react.
Hope they can buy the idea and replace it at no cost. Good luck TS!

Bro, not the Lens service centre. kei1309 is advicing me to bring my cam body for inspection in case the sensor is somehow damaged.

I also don't know how to lie my way through with that kind of obvious marks :bsmilie:
And I think the only way they will replace for free is if I create a scene and make a fool of myself there :sweat:

LOL it's a Sony A33... Tamron lens. not Nikon

Bro, not the Lens service centre. kei1309 is advicing me to bring my cam body for inspection in case the sensor is somehow damaged.

I also don't know how to lie my way through with that kind of obvious marks :bsmilie:
And I think the only way they will replace for free is if I create a scene and make a fool of myself there :sweat:

just shout "OMG OMG WHY DID YOU BURN MY LENS WITH YOUR LIGHTER?" and of course, you need to find out who's the smoker at the service center LOL

iguanavon said:

Haha yup, was refering to the lens besides checking on sensor.
Hopefully your sensor is still good!;)

just shout "OMG OMG WHY DID YOU BURN MY LENS WITH YOUR LIGHTER?" and of course, you need to find out who's the smoker at the service center LOL

Bro, don't mind helping me bring my lens to Tamron while I bring my cam body to Sony? lol :angel:

Btw, a link provided by alf6901. Someone else also kena the same problem
http://www.flickr.com/groups/fujis6500fd/discuss/72157604238281633/

Last edited:
kei1309 said:
LOL it's a Sony A33... Tamron lens. not Nikon

Oh yes yes sorry too used to the term NSC. Hee

Haha yup, was refering to the lens besides checking on sensor.
Hopefully your sensor is still good!;)

I think sensor most probably still ok. Don't think I'm so heng to kena double combo sia... :bsmilie:

If you bring it to Sony, they'll ask you what's wrong and to show it to them. If you can't find a fault with your cam body, they won't do anything.

If you bring it to Sony, they'll ask you what's wrong and to show it to them. If you can't find a fault with your cam body, they won't do anything.

Oh... then no need to waste time making a trip down to Sony liao... Thanks for the advice!

tell them u accidently left a magnifying glass on lens, and it got fried. done:D