My First Macro Pls Comment!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weslim78

Apr 4, 2004
Took this one inside Botanic garden recently...

Pls comment on the pic.. all comments welcomed.. even the bad ones.. so fire away...

:bsmilie:

01.jpg

WEEEEEEeeeeee.....
:gbounce:

WEEEEEEeeeeee Weeee.....
:gbounce:[/QUOTE]

Looks good... idea is there but cant help to notice that the yellow part is overexposed... and hence lacks detail... but nice effort nontheless... i am just nitpicking as per your instructions....

:rbounce:
Boing Boing.....???????

weslim78 said:
:rbounce:
Boing Boing.....???????
Look like a "skinny" durian :D
IMHO, the background is too messy and overpower :bigeyes: your macro subject. Just my view.

I think you have overlooked the essential element of a photo while trying to play with Photoshop. The image apart from the obvious issues like the previous comments lacks "composition". The poor flower stands out just because it has has an obscenely satutarted yellow as opposed to the desaturated background. Selective desaturaition is a overused technique and sometimes, the effects can be pleasing / effective. Recall the girl in red dress in Schindler's list... Anyways, this picture does not cut it.

Try different crops and see if you can get a better image. Anyway, due to the lack of focus the time is better spent elsewhere.

RemAcuTetigisti said:
Recall the girl in red dress in Schindler's list...

Ahhh.. the girl in the red dress.. what a great example... it was brilliant.. perfect as you dont realise that the girl was in colour until you look carefully..

Thanks mate!!! haha!!!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.