My fault of singnet fault. Please comment on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand why people have to put up with craps from the telco.

I would definitely be kicking up a big fuss, it doesn't matter if the sales person was a xxm or a lao kok kok ah pei. These people are representatives of Singtel, so EVEN if they had give the wrong information, hey, life suxs!! Being a big telco like Singtel, they should either pay more or make sure these people are trained properly.

But as many people pointed out, from what the TS said, it seems like the salesperson said that the TS would receive the letter within 7-14 days, not the laptop. And the TS did. So there is nothing to fault the telco about regarding the collection of the laptop.

As for the cancellation charges, I don't really know if Singtel should charge the TS for the laptop, since technically it is a "free gift", not something that the TS pays for to get. If the telco claims that it is a free gift, they are responsible for the charges of it (if any). So if the TS does not want it (or has not collected it), they should not force him to pay for it, since Singtel should be the one paying for the free gifts.

well. if u dun have facts on ur side, u pretty much lost already.

But as many people pointed out, from what the TS said, it seems like the salesperson said that the TS would receive the letter within 7-14 days, not the laptop. And the TS did. So there is nothing to fault the telco about regarding the collection of the laptop.

I am coming from the pt whereby ppl think that the TS is being "hoodwinked" by some XMMs.

Plus i had plenty of dealings with this particular telco for the longest time, so I get craps from them ALL the times, which i gave them back in double.

come to think about it, it's time to call them again.

you understand what is contract or not

you see your little signature there on the form, it says you agreed that you have to pay, so you have to pay.

suck it, and don't anyhow sign next time if you have no idea what a contract is. it is a binding legal document.

A contract is like a kiss on a girl's lips.

You'll to marry her once you do that. :bsmilie:

vampires-lugosi1.jpg

A contract is like a kiss on a girl's lips.

You'll to marry her once you do that. :bsmilie:

vampires-lugosi1.jpg

you are sure an easy catch :p

I am coming from the pt whereby ppl think that the TS is being "hoodwinked" by some XMMs.

Plus i had plenty of dealings with this particular telco for the longest time, so I get craps from them ALL the times, which i gave them back in double.

well. my internet has been going on and off. needa call them soon too.

I call them regarding internet (mio) call until pengsan, always send those crap contractors who dunno wad they're doing, until recently then they send someone proper to fix the problem. Must complain alot of times then they send experienced ppl, if not they send ppl whole day only noe how say splitter spoil and then do some random crap and say repair already.

I call them regarding internet (mio) call until pengsan, always send those crap contractors who dunno wad they're doing, until recently then they send someone proper to fix the problem. Must complain alot of times then they send experienced ppl, if not they send ppl whole day only noe how say splitter spoil and then do some random crap and say repair already.

i been fighting with Singtel for the longest time about that. Say about 3 years, now it is going well, because i had so many of their ppl comig over to my place. And I had to paid their sub contractor to re-lay my entire phone line.

Actually u should call singtel up to check on your phone line, then get singnet to come at the same time.

the lesson to learn here is "only trust what is written in black and white" words from xmm mouth mean nothing

btw TS it is your fault

i been fighting with Singtel for the longest time about that. Say about 3 years, now it is going well, because i had so many of their ppl comig over to my place. And I had to paid their sub contractor to re-lay my entire phone line.

Actually u should call singtel up to check on your phone line, then get singnet to come at the same time.

Why did you stick with them for so long?

Why did you stick with them for so long?

hahhaa cause i got at least 6 contracts for the next 1.5 years with them :p

There is no room for divorce?

Or run away with another woman? :bsmilie:

I am a honourable person, when i signed, i stick with it.
But how i maintain the relationship will be another thing.

plus i am not really into other women :devil:

There is no room for divorce?

Or run away with another woman? :bsmilie:

oh yea. if u tell singtel u wanna jump to starhub, and u have like 5-6 plans with them and somemore got those premium 1500 plans, they will just give in, cause ur so called "valued customer".

to give u an idea, singtel gives almost 600 bucks in handphone vouchers a year if u have plans like that.:sweat:

Alright... Recently had a fierce conversation with singnet about the contract i sign during PC show 2010... It will be a god dam nice story... Sit back and relax.

16-June: Went to PC show and saw singtel offer for me. 10Mbps home broadband + a lenovo newest laptop. Monthly subscription is 69.90. Hmm not bad. Went to queue up and finally reach my turn. The salesgirl over the counter ask for my i/c blah blah blah. Before i sign the contract, i asked the salesgirl. When will i receive the premium(Laptop)? She said that i will receive a letter for me to collect my laptop, around 7-14 days.

17-24... waited. Today: Postman knocked. YAY. a letter from singtel. Once i open up, It says that i can only collect my lappy on the 14-JULY. i was like? WTFish? So long. The salesgirl said that 7-14day i can get my lappy. suddenly changed to the 14-JULY. Called singtel and straight away asked for the manager in charge. Because i was totally upset about singtel services, i wanted to cancel on my subscription plan...

The conversation was:

Singtel's stuff: Hi i'm blah blah from singtel may i help you.

Me: Can i talk to your manager in-charge?

Singtel's stuff: Wait a moment *Music*
-
Singtel's stuff: Hi i'm blah blah de manager in-charge

Me: Hi, i'm Mr koh and i would like to cancel my subscription.

Singtel's stuff: Alright, can i have your i/c and phone number. *Music*
-
Singtel's stuff: Hi mr koh, sorry to keep you waiting. But sorry, your plan is a brand new plan which hasn't passed a month. The cancellation fee with be quite heavy.

Me: Its ok, how much wil it be.

Singtel's stuff: Cancellation free will be 171.20 + the premium(Lappy), And that will be around $1300

Me: Erm... I didn't even got my lappy and yet you want me to pay for the lappy? What kind of service is that?

Singtel's stuff: Sorry sir, according to the T/C, when you cancel, you have to pay for the premium(Lappy) too.

Me: You still don't get what i mean? I don't HAVE the lappy with me. Its says my collection date is 14-july while YOUR staff on the PC shows tells me is within 7-14 days.

Singtel's stuff: -Silent- Alright. What we can do know is, i contact lenovo and see whether i can push the lappy for you for early collection ASAP.

Me: Now i don't want the lappy and YOUR services. I want to cancel the subscription.

~~~ Still got more argument... But not related to topic.

The main point is that... Singtel wants me to pay for the lappy when i didn't even have not collected/received it.

What do you think?

Is there logic behind this?
I'm willing to pay the cancellation fee of 171.20. But not the 1300 for the lappy.

Cheers:D asking for your opinion only. ~

One thing you must understand is that, when you get the letter, it means Singtel have already place an order for the laptop and delivery date is confirm by the computer manufacturer.

If you cancel the contract, Singtel will still have to pay for the laptop.
Do you think it is fair for Singtel to pay for the laptop ? :dunno:

If the sales girls only promise a letter within 7-14 days, technically Singtel never did anything wrong. You just interpreted the message wrongly because you are too busy looking at the boobs :bsmilie:

One thing you must learn is that there are no such thing as "FREE" gift.
The cost of the laptop are included in the subscription fees. When you pay monthly, you are also paying for the laptop by monthly installment.

Date of Birth
August 4, 1994 (15)

TS, welcome to the real world where people take responsibilities for their actions, like it or not but don't fret you still have many years to learn and understand.
Perhaps, one day, see the light you will, young padawan....

One thing you must learn is that there are no such thing as "FREE" gift.
The cost of the laptop are included in the subscription fees. When you pay monthly, you are also paying for the laptop by monthly installment.

Yes I know the fee of the laptop is included in the subscription fees, but if they publicise it as a free gift, there is a small chance that the TS can complain about that and see what they say.

But most probably they would already state that there was a contract and he signed it, so he has no more case.

Last edited:
Maybe TS experience is similar to this?????

I am thinking otherwise. Maybe it is a case of unrequited love. TS ask for XMM phone #. XMM induce TS to sign up then give. Ended up giving Singtel Customercare #. TS called the # and realized that he have been had. So he bang table and fiercely contested with manager.

Shoudl contribute to my Photographer meets model thread.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715862

I do not understand why people have to put up with craps from the telco.

The TS , as a young boy, should learn to talk properly. I think he has been watching too much TV.
- call customercare, first thing want to speak to the manager in charge. What the f does he think he is? Did he even talk to the customercare agent to attempt to resolve the issue? Prima donna.
- most issues with telco can be resolved amicably. Why is there a need to bang table and threaten to terminate at the slightest conflict. It sounds like a girl who would 一哭,二闹,三上吊。
- in Singapore, there is competition between telco, so telcos are already providing a very good service. Imagine one where the telco monopolize the market. You won't even have a premium when signing up for anything. And the customer service 采你都傻。So it is really a frog living in well.
- TS needs to know that nothing is free. The free notebook is actually factored into the cost of your 2 year contract. I believe that it is stipulated in the contract that any premature termination within the 2 years, you will have to pay back the notebook, even if the notebook breaks down after 1 year.

It is not the telco that is giving craps. It is the TS who need to fix himself here. It makes me wonder how old the TS is. He is a student and can sign up for Internet. So can't be too young. I hope he is not from NUS/NTU/SMU, else I would seriously worry about the future of Singapore.

Date of Birth
August 4, 1994 (15)

Can a 15 year old sign contract? So must be parents sign one and TS comes here and talk like an adult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.