My fault of singnet fault. Please comment on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too feel singtel is having some problem providing customer serivice too for the fact that they are coming to my house for the 3rd saturday(last week) and could not get Mio TV + broadband working. Oso, the hotline is real hot and make blood boils.
yes, they need to get their act together. i have had my fair share of bad experiences with singtel customer service too.

this however is a separate issue.

there is a difference between a normal customer with ordinary expectations asking singtel to ensure their products work well (e.g. mio, miotv) and one that thinks that he is king. in the first case, the trouble lies with the operator, the second case, the trouble lies with the customer.

i would not allow my own bad experience to cloud my judgement with regards to this case. that's like saying that if a dog has bitten you before, you go around telling everyone (even when the dog is happily wagging its tail and being absolutely friendly) that the dog is a killer mutt. :bsmilie:

wah, seems like you are bugged by Singtel...wahaha...yes, they send sub con here...1 sub-con for telephone line/ modem connectivity/signal and 1 for the connection. Then everytime you ask the technician something, he asks you to call the super hotline...asked them to call direct which would be faster, they sian me and say they don't have direct line as a subcon. Then next min, Singtel ppl call them to check on the progress. I am fine with this as there shd be some separate access for customers. Then after the 3rd week still can't fix, I ask them to take back the mio tv and the answer the operator gave me was since you have agreed on the mio tv, returning now is a break of contract...the only time I rem the operator told me about the mio tv was that:"are you interested to have the mio tv installed for free since you have upgraded your broadband speed?"...I agreed since it was free. But got real depressed after that coz every saturday I am waiting for the technician to come and waste my morning....this week is the next one... In this case, if they still can't fix, i'm gona tell them to bring back their mio tv since I haven't signed any agreement on the mio tv.

learn me lor. fix urself. its damn easy to set up the system...

1 wire goes from mio tv box to ur mains...

1 wire goes from ur tv box to ur tv rgb...

1 wire goes from tv box to ur mio box...

flip on the power.

it shld work :rolleyes: i got it done and running in like 10 mins:sweat:
or else maybe is u no activate service so u dun see anything:dunno:

or then again i can forsee many other problems too.....

to give u an idea, i signed up for mio tv, old box set cannot support, need change new one. by right in my contract they said will provide, but they didnt tell the contractor to. end up call down to them, they checked and approved for the new box set. or else if u gong gong u gonna pay like 100 plus for the mio box so to support mio tv box

Last edited:
Although I did not go to the PC show this year but when I recontract my BB last year, I remembered correctly that the letter for "free gift" collection will be sent to me 1 week after the new modem and MIO line are fixed. all in all its about 1 month from date of signing up.

Maybe, TS needed the laptop to use the BB so thats why he is frustrated. TS, a contract is a contract as many had pointed out. even if you wants to cancel it 1 minute after you signed it, you are still bonded by the terms and conditions. Learn from this experience and just wait for 2 more weeks. Just to get you prepared, there will be a long queue on the collection day too.

wah, seems like you are bugged by Singtel...wahaha...yes, they send sub con here...1 sub-con for telephone line/ modem connectivity/signal and 1 for the connection. Then everytime you ask the technician something, he asks you to call the super hotline...asked them to call direct which would be faster, they sian me and say they don't have direct line as a subcon. Then next min, Singtel ppl call them to check on the progress. I am fine with this as there shd be some separate access for customers. Then after the 3rd week still can't fix, I ask them to take back the mio tv and the answer the operator gave me was since you have agreed on the mio tv, returning now is a break of contract...the only time I rem the operator told me about the mio tv was that:"are you interested to have the mio tv installed for free since you have upgraded your broadband speed?"...I agreed since it was free. But got real depressed after that coz every saturday I am waiting for the technician to come and waste my morning....this week is the next one... In this case, if they still can't fix, i'm gona tell them to bring back their mio tv since I haven't signed any agreement on the mio tv.
If it takes too long to just get connected (I assume you are not connected at all at this time), waiting reasonably too long to get connection, is also a breach of contract from Singtel side, better read your contract now........cause it is disputable how long 'reasonably long' is........

HS

If it takes too long to just get connected (I assume you are not connected at all at this time), waiting reasonably too long to get connection, is also a breach of contract from Singtel side, better read your contract now........cause it is disputable how long 'reasonably long' is........

HS

basically, if you are firm enough with singtel and you have logic on your side, you will be able to get what you are due.

for ovaltinemilo's case, he could possibly get them to waive fees or at least not have to pay for the period where he did not get service. probably the latter, and then contract start later..

Last edited:
Since TS asked for comments..

As the title said, "His fault of singnet fault".

So singnet fault first, for creating that kind of T&C in the contract.

Then it's TS's fault, for believing (or mis-interpreting) xmm's sweet talk and signed on the contract w/o carefully digesting the T&C in it.

So, in the end, bcoz of these 2 faults.. TS can oni suck thumb lor..

Excuse me, a customer is customer, regardless how much one pays. And my bill is more than a few thousands a month, I definitely think better services should be provided.

nothing.

U contradict urself.

Alright... Recently had a fierce conversation with singnet about the contract i sign during PC show 2010... It will be a god dam nice story... Sit back and relax.

16-June: Went to PC show and saw singtel offer for me. 10Mbps home broadband + a lenovo newest laptop. Monthly subscription is 69.90. Hmm not bad. Went to queue up and finally reach my turn. The salesgirl over the counter ask for my i/c blah blah blah. Before i sign the contract, i asked the salesgirl When will i receive the premium(Laptop)? She said that i will receive a letter for me to collect my laptop, around 7-14 days.

17-24... waited. Today: Postman knocked. YAY. a letter from singtel. Once i open up, It says that i can only collect my lappy on the 14-JULY. i was like? WTFish? So long. The salesgirl said that 7-14day i can get my lappy. suddenly changed to the 14-JULY. Called singtel and straight away asked for the manager in charge. Because i was totally upset about singtel services, i wanted to cancel on my subscription plan...

The conversation was:

Singtel's stuff: Hi i'm blah blah from singtel may i help you.

Me: Can i talk to your manager in-charge?

Singtel's stuff: Wait a moment *Music*
-
Singtel's stuff: Hi i'm blah blah de manager in-charge

Me: Hi, i'm Mr koh and i would like to cancel my subscription.

Singtel's stuff: Alright, can i have your i/c and phone number. *Music*
-
Singtel's stuff: Hi mr koh, sorry to keep you waiting. But sorry, your plan is a brand new plan which hasn't passed a month. The cancellation fee with be quite heavy.

Me: Its ok, how much wil it be.

Singtel's stuff: Cancellation free will be 171.20 + the premium(Lappy), And that will be around $1300

Me: Erm... I didn't even got my lappy and yet you want me to pay for the lappy? What kind of service is that?

Singtel's stuff: Sorry sir, according to the T/C, when you cancel, you have to pay for the premium(Lappy) too.

Me: You still don't get what i mean? I don't HAVE the lappy with me. Its says my collection date is 14-july while YOUR staff on the PC shows tells me is within 7-14 days.

Singtel's stuff: -Silent- Alright. What we can do know is, i contact lenovo and see whether i can push the lappy for you for early collection ASAP.

Me: Now i don't want the lappy and YOUR services. I want to cancel the subscription.

~~~ Still got more argument... But not related to topic.

The main point is that... Singtel wants me to pay for the lappy when i didn't even have not collected/received it.

What do you think?

Is there logic behind this?
I'm willing to pay the cancellation fee of 171.20. But not the 1300 for the lappy.

Cheers:D asking for your opinion only. ~

See the words in red. Why do you ask the sales girl? You should check your contract when you sign in the first place. By the way, don't you know that most sales people at PC/road shows are just part timers and don't really work for the companies? Some don't even know/understand the specs of the product they are promoting...

My contract with singtel will expire in 9 weeks time...then out the window they will go...;)

To keep it short, it is your fault. Storm in a tea cup. Even if wait 2 weeks+, so what?

Last edited:
U contradict urself.

better service than what they are providing now, which in my opinion is brushing me off with excuses and having me to bug them constantly before they do something. not better service than anyone else.

Oic. Guess I m glad i m with starhub.
So far no problem so need not find out their service standard.

i had some big problems with singtel (overbilling, hardware issues etc) but their customer service is really good when i talk to them. i think it is almost impossible to find some service where you 100% wont get any problem, but what matters is that your problem can be communicated effectively and solved promptly. I was in the PP singtelshop and used their special phone to call the customer service, i think the waiting time is less. Anyway while i was settling my problem there was another old man in the queue talking to the information lady, and he started raising his voice because he think that by making a ruckus, the staff will appease him and submit to his demands. That is stupid. The first thing TS did when he called the customer service was to demand a cancellation. Dun even bother to find out the facts (or read his contract). Don't complain about lack of good customer service if u cant even be a good customer.

TS is going back to school soon.

Any last words from TS before school reopens. I hope the TS learn some humility in the new semester. Education is more than just infusing one with knowledge. Learning how to be a better person and blending in with society is also important. Good luck.

I guess the point or points have been made. For the TS though you've not replied, I hope you're reading all these and see the common thread. Take it as a lesson, be patient and collect your notebook @ a later date and enjoy it thereafter ... let's move on! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.