my charger for rechargable battery just went up in smoke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

Jan 31, 2005
Was charging my rechargable batteries went the charger just went up in smoke. Fortunately no fire but just smoke. anybody can recommend a good value for money charger and where I can get it? thanks guys

What rechargable batteries was that?

Are you talking about rechargable AA's or??

I can only guess he is looking for another "AA"/"AAA" batteries charger.:bsmilie:

It was a PowerEx 2700 rechargeable from Maha.

Had used quite a lot times and no problem. I am quite sure it is a problem with my charger instead.

Was charging my rechargable batteries went the charger just went up in smoke. Fortunately no fire but just smoke. anybody can recommend a good value for money charger and where I can get it? thanks guys

my maha charger from eastgear also went boom before

sometimes it is manufacturing fault, if you just bought it, can bring back to the shop and try your luck to replace

It was a PowerEx 2700 rechargeable from Maha.

Had used quite a lot times and no problem. I am quite sure it is a problem with my charger instead.

Ok..now u are making me worried..cause i use PowerEx2700 too..
Which brand/model of charger?

I am not using a maha charger but a duracell quickcharger that was given to me by someone. Has worked well over a number of years.

Once again I don't think it is a problem with the Maha powerex batteries. I have 12 of them and they all give solid performance.

perhaps as a precaution, always charge when you are around and not leave it overnight. I was siting next to it when it went up in smoke.

Try the Maha charger... been using it for quite some time already and if kept open during charging, it should be ok. ;)

I am not using a maha charger but a duracell quickcharger that was given to me by someone. Has worked well over a number of years.

Once again I don't think it is a problem with the Maha powerex batteries. I have 12 of them and they all give solid performance.

perhaps as a precaution, always charge when you are around and not leave it overnight. I was siting next to it when it went up in smoke.

or u can do what i used to do when charging my lithium polymers... charge it in a flower pot with sand in side... place it not too near the walls... unless u wanna repaint it... that way even if the whole thing blows up... there's no "big" problem... just loose ur batteries and chargers...

And usually quick charging does come with some risk... as its considered as "force feeding" your batteries...

i usually leave mine to slowly charge overnight...

do consider some eneloop "type" as your backup to your main workhorse :) they can save ur day once in a while...:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.