My aerial panoramas from Phantom 2 + H32D + GP3

Very impressive shoots
Waiting to get hold of my vision 2 plus but doubt that I can make such nice photos. :p

Nice one

Thanks! Well most of the shots were taken with gopro3. Thd visionplus camera is about thd same!

Now that the QX1 is out... I wonder if it opens up opportunities for use with the Phantom 2...

hey mayhemics, just to check how did you get approval for the aerial panaromas? i know need company or something to get permit for aerial photography

hey mayhemics, just to check how did you get approval for the aerial panaromas? i know need company or something to get permit for aerial photography

Only if you exceed 60m n r within 5km of airbase.

Reactions: wildcat
15749046017_e672856e1c_h.jpg

#20. University of Cambridge with the A5000 | Visit our SG50 page!

Hi, may I ask what mount are you using for the Sony A5000? Thinking of getting one with either RX100 /A6000 mount but options avail seem limited and expensive. Very new to this field.

Hi, may I ask what mount are you using for the Sony A5000? Thinking of getting one with either RX100 /A6000 mount but options avail seem limited and expensive. Very new to this field.

Hi i dont use any mount it is a DIY rig with cables. This means no stabilisation and fpv but it saves on weight... for rx100 there are a few popular mounts being sold though so you can consider that.

On a sep note does anyone know why clicking on aerial photography in the quickjump menu brings you to the lomography thread instead?

On a sep note does anyone know why clicking on aerial photography in the quickjump menu brings you to the lomography thread instead?

I think you meant "why clicking on [alternative photography] in the quickjump menu..." as there's no link to aerial photography. :)

Could be due to old links that weren't updated when new subforums were created. Thanks! I'll alert the admins to this so that they can update it to point to the Alternative Photography section.

Last edited:
I think you meant "why clicking on [alternative photography] in the quickjump menu..." as there's no link to aerial photography. :)

Could be due to old links that weren't updated when new subforums were created. Thanks! I'll alert the admins to this so that they can update it to point to the Alternative Photography section.

Many thanks!

Hi mayhemics, what is the setup for this shot. I am looking to try Aerials to :)

Hi mayhemics, what is the setup for this shot. I am looking to try Aerials to :)

Hi, phantom 2 with sony a5000 n 16mm. DIY cables so no gimbal or fpv.

What is the setting you take in P3 when taking the photos? is there an automatic timelapse mode or just manual snap a few and then stitch them?
nice photos.

cheers

Thanks. So far snap and stitch. Have not tried time lapse mode yet.

Thanks. Looking forward to your new amazing photos.

Have not really gone beyond auto yet for P3... the exposure can be hit and miss. Sometimes it really overexposes.