My 1st Wedding Shoot & Tea Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

AixisOfJustice

Jul 31, 2004
Sin City
First time taking wedding shots, tea ceremony & doing a coffee table book (more for my own portfolio). I was the 2nd photographer. FYI, this was an inter-racial marriage. Here's some random pages for C&C from the pros here.

188875732_3670d187cd.jpg

188875768_c81f10d912.jpg

188875876_99cd48470c.jpg

188875854_fd3b413232.jpg

188875983_e2e96f5c98.jpg

pretty good. but too safe. pretty record shot kinda style. layout-wise, very nice.

you'll be a good traditional AD photographer. :thumbsup:

Max 2.8 said:
pretty good. but too safe. pretty record shot kinda style. layout-wise, very nice.

you'll be a good traditional AD photographer. :thumbsup:

what's AD photographer ? :dunno:

Realise you have a mixed of borders and non on some of the images. Preferably you stick to having it consistantly in one style or take it out (dont use lah)... either way works for me... but if you mixed them, might not have the `flow` lah...

by the way good job in your first effort. PM me n i will show you how I can make (print) a small mini portfolio base on your design. interested? heheeee....

Keep experimenting...

Bro, you done it liao..:thumbsup:

Just to check whether I am correct. Can I confirm that your photos has a brown cast? My screen not calibrated but it seems to be so.

thanks everyone!

yeah, since this was my first time doing this i just record the event. don't have the capabilities to shoot like, for example, iamasaint's or joho's style yet. still got a long way to learn.

design of the layout, was also experimenting which ones would look nice, that's why got different borders on different page .. ;p

colors wise looks ok on my end. in fact i got them printed. from my newbie's eyes looks ok leh.

anyway, can these kinda shots considered journalistic? still not sure what's the difference.

AixisOfJustice said:
thanks everyone!

yeah, since this was my first time doing this i just record the event. don't have the capabilities to shoot like, for example, iamasaint's or joho's style yet. still got a long way to learn.

anyway, can these kinda shots considered journalistic? still not sure what's the difference.

Its not that hard to shoot like others. But to shoot great photos is difficult.

Just do your own style. When you shoot with passion, you pix will turn out great. Like this set you have, at least I can see great effort.

Journalistic or not, doesn't matter(i hate that word). What matters is you like what you have done.

Max 2.8 said:
Its not that hard to shoot like others. But to shoot great photos is difficult.

Just do your own style. When you shoot with passion, you pix will turn out great. Like this set you have, at least I can see great effort.

Journalistic or not, doesn't matter(i hate that word). What matters is you like what you have done.
thanks a lot bro!

fyi, you were one of the few pros whose works i 'studied' before i went out to shoot to get inspired ... heheh .... hope u dun mind :)

AixisOfJustice said:
thanks a lot bro!

fyi, you were one of the few pros whose works i 'studied' before i went out to shoot to get inspired ... heheh .... hope u dun mind :)

No worries...I do that all the time. But dun anticipate too much.

AixisOfJustice said:
thanks everyone!

design of the layout, was also experimenting which ones would look nice, that's why got different borders on different page .. ;p

colors wise looks ok on my end. in fact i got them printed. from my newbie's eyes looks ok leh.

Do you know what is the MOST important thing that many have forgotten to ask?

Did the couple love it? They are the one who is paying it right? After all that, then you start to think about it.

Keep to your own style. Safe style is better then no style at all. Without much experience, I think you have done a wonderful job. No need to have any fanciful stuff which may turn out horribly wrong.

Why do you need to compare to people like joho and iamsaint? Those are their style and signatures, not yours. After you go through the next few years, then you will still some developement in your self. Those photographers are only your guidelines and preference. Something you can look upon and ponder about it.

The best style is not about your creativity, it's your consistency. Although this is a mixed wedding style, the most important is your are able to develope a consistency in your exposure, colours, lighting, angles and so on. It may look stale and bored to some people but you do need to built up good consistency skills before you take another step further.

I am not too sure how much you charge them but pricing is also another factor you should look into if you are charging below market rate (Try not to price anything below 1800-2000)

Good take.

Pro Image said:
Do you know what is the MOST important thing that many have forgotten to ask?

Did the couple love it? They are the one who is paying it right? After all that, then you start to think about it.

Keep to your own style. Safe style is better then no style at all. Without much experience, I think you have done a wonderful job. No need to have any fanciful stuff which may turn out horribly wrong.

Why do you need to compare to people like joho and iamsaint? Those are their style and signatures, not yours. After you go through the next few years, then you will still some developement in your self. Those photographers are only your guidelines and preference. Something you can look upon and ponder about it.

The best style is not about your creativity, it's your consistency. Although this is a mixed wedding style, the most important is your are able to develope a consistency in your exposure, colours, lighting, angles and so on. It may look stale and bored to some people but you do need to built up good consistency skills before you take another step further.

I am not too sure how much you charge them but pricing is also another factor you should look into if you are charging below market rate (Try not to price anything below 1800-2000)

Good take.
thanks for your advice & words of encouragement abang!

yes the couple liked it.

pros like iamasaint, joho for example are benchmarks for me. amatuers like me need to have benchmarks rite? you are rite that we dun need or have to follow their style.

thanks again!

I like your layout very much, very nicely done montage.

Just one point to ask you, why did you choose the picture on the first page left hand side, what r u trying to show in that picture? I only see a cake box, the kitchen and people's back :think: .

AixisOfJustice said:
thanks for your advice & words of encouragement abang!

yes the couple liked it.

pros like iamasaint, joho for example are benchmarks for me. amatuers like me need to have benchmarks rite? you are rite that we dun need or have to follow their style.

thanks again!

If you are charging, then you are not an amatuer anymore;)

Just do what you like, if potential customer like your work, they'll hire you. Rather than changing to please the mass market.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.