My 0.5 sianz Fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYRN

Nov 14, 2002
photoevangel.com
Got to the bridge to find a good spot... tot got nice perspective, can take big big fireworks.
IMG_8518.jpg

Ended up got chased away after 8pm. :angry: :angry: but LL loh, they carry batons got plenty of reinforcements below the bridge.

End up wif a lousy position wif the wrong setup (lens)... note the flare at the lower part of the photo.
IMG_8524.jpg

:cry:

2 shots to share. Both post processed..

They like anyhow fire the slavos one... no symmetry, not syncronised, lousy sequencing. :(
IMG_8527.jpg

Tink got 1 misfired and burst near the water. ;p
IMG_8629.jpg

wah ... real suay, man! i tot of going onto sheares bridge tml ....

if it's murphy, I got nothing to say... but this is totally avoidable with just 1 signage, it just shows lousy planning cum execution.

wah...if first shot got fireworks how nice it would be.............

i see you make your way down to ntuc open field.

i did argue with the aux ciso officer, but what the heck, their reinforcement outnumbered me :cry:

to the organiser of the fireworks , you S*&^%$$ :thumbsd:

2 shots to share. Both post processed..

Tink got 1 misfired and burst near the water. ;p
IMG_8629.jpg

Yeah I think it misfired too. I was near the bay and one of the shots blew up pretty close and the sparks scattered all over the guys to our left. You could actually see the bits float down on people. i wonder if anyone got burnt?

The firework are cater for those people who are near to the gallery where there are music can be heard and sync together and are for visual pleasure more than photography pleasure, that's why there are tickets sold or give away... if not everywhere will be a mess.

The safety measures for the SB are there, that's why there are security or management there to maintain orders or prevention. Especially if this is consider as national day celebration, the poor committee of the SAF units have to be around to ensure security and safety too.

I guess if SB, touch wood, collapse, people will start to complain the organizing committee or so and so didn't ensure safety and curse this to happen... would anyone complain the public for not listening to the organizing committee to prevent this from happening? ;(

I'm not from the committee, but i was involve in national events before. The planning phrase for the public safety is always there and always the first in their meeting. One or two hiccups will always happen...

Let appreciate the hard work the organizing committee have put in...

We were in the stands. photo kbc is right - lots of music to which the fireworks is sequenced with. Those not at the stands can listen to the music at 88.3 apparently.

The firework are cater for those people who are near to the gallery where there are music can be heard and sync together and are for visual pleasure more than photography pleasure, that's why there are tickets sold or give away... if not everywhere will be a mess.

The safety measures for the SB are there, that's why there are security or management there to maintain orders or prevention. Especially if this is consider as national day celebration, the poor committee of the SAF units have to be around to ensure security and safety too.

I guess if SB, touch wood, collapse, people will start to complain the organizing committee or so and so didn't ensure safety and curse this to happen... would anyone complain the public for not listening to the organizing committee to prevent this from happening? ;(

I'm not from the committee, but i was involve in national events before. The planning phrase for the public safety is always there and always the first in their meeting. One or two hiccups will always happen...

This have pyromusical have been going on since the first fireworks festival. That does not stop others from enjoying the pryotechnics without the music.... so what gives this year?

If you don't know, dun anyhow say SB collaspe lah. It's designed to take much more weight and to last much longer than our HDB flats.

Not that I don't appreciate organising national events, juz that this particular consideration on SB is :flush::flush:. typical Sgporean mentality.

We were in the stands. photo kbc is right - lots of music to which the fireworks is sequenced with. Those not at the stands can listen to the music at 88.3 apparently.

Different purposes loh... no matter what the music is, there are some who juz wan to capture the spectacular sight.

Different purposes loh... no matter what the music is, there are some who juz wan to capture the spectacular sight.

Huh?? I just gave those, who wanted to combine the experience of watching the fireworks go off with the music that it was programmed with, a chance to do so.

Huh?? I just gave those, who wanted to combine the experience of watching the fireworks go off with the music that it was programmed with, a chance to do so.

ohh.. wat I meant was some of us switched off the radio once the fireworks started.. hahaha

If you don't know, dun anyhow say SB collaspe lah. It's designed to take much more weight and to last much longer than our HDB flats.

typical Sgporean mentality

As you have mention Murphy's law.... who know what's going to happen... accident don't plan to happen. It's better to be safe than sorry...

When bad things happen, arrow point to the organizing committee for no precaution, when nothing happen, arrow point to them again on spoiling them from enjoying the show... so this will happen always regardless who chair the event. if you are seating at the "hot" chair, i guess this will not happen?? ;p

I guess you are S'porean also right? :D

Hard work? Oh please. If they had wanted to close that bridge, they should have called the police and to barricade or cordone the entrance to the bridge way before the events start. No circular, no notice and last minute send the cisco to chase people away? Mind you, it was drizzling and there were few photog who sat thorughout.

If you hadnt been to the fireworks last year, the firing point was kinda similar, so what safety are you talking about? What difference does it make for the pedestrian and the vehicle to co-exist. If you anticipate the bridge to collapse, dont have a pedestrian walkway. PERIOD!!!

Hard work? Oh please. If they had wanted to close that bridge, they should have called the police and to barricade or cordone the entrance to the bridge way before the events start. No circular, no notice and last minute send the cisco to chase people away? Mind you, it was drizzling and there were few photog who sat thorughout.

If you hadnt been to the fireworks last year, the firing point was kinda similar, so what safety are you talking about? What difference does it make for the pedestrian and the vehicle to co-exist. If you anticipate the bridge to collapse, dont have a pedestrian walkway. PERIOD!!!

Different organization have different ways of work. The current will only READ debriefs from the past committee or hopefully there are long time stuff running the event year in and year out to see such problem. They are not public, so they don't see problems u see. If there is any hardcore issue, write to them and feedback on public's point of view, let them have your words as historical moments and feedback for them to learn and execute and solve the issue for you. Writing and screaming here can only let those without power but talk only people see... and we will take it as reading gallery to kill time...

Whether the bridge collapse or the safe working load is longer than HDB or can last thousand years, let the expert talk. I'm no expert in this, but I know and believe Murphy's Law.

If there is a need for everything to be explain, i guess we have to look for it ourselves or even ask the organizing committee to explain if there is chance. ;)

Since it may be last minute, then they will have to work last minute way... if there is supplier willing to print and mount those notice last minute, do recommend to the organizing committee, so they know who to look for if there are such cases going on or repeated..

The walk way was build i guess way before firework was planned at Marina many years back...Walk ways are for walking... i guess not parking for tripods :) enlighten me if there is a need to.. thank you

Different organization have different ways of work. The current will only READ debriefs from the past committee or hopefully there are long time stuff running the event year in and year out to see such problem. They are not public, so they don't see problems u see. If there is any hardcore issue, write to them and feedback on public's point of view, let them have your words as historical moments and feedback for them to learn and execute and solve the issue for you. Writing and screaming here can only let those without power but talk only people see... and we will take it as reading gallery to kill time...

No need for you to act smart and educate the people here. The letter is already on the way to the FORUM, whether they will print it, lets see!!!

I guess if SB, touch wood, collapse, people will start to complain the organizing committee or so and so didn't ensure safety and curse this to happen... would anyone complain the public for not listening to the organizing committee to prevent this from happening?

Whether the bridge collapse or the safe working load is longer than HDB or can last thousand years, let the expert talk. I'm no expert in this, but I know and believe Murphy's Law.

:dunno::bsmilie:

If there is a need for everything to be explain, i guess we have to look for it ourselves or even ask the organizing committee to explain if there is chance. ;)

Since it may be last minute, then they will have to work last minute way... if there is supplier willing to print and mount those notice last minute, do recommend to the organizing committee, so they know who to look for if there are such cases going on or repeated..

The walk way was build i guess way before firework was planned at Marina many years back...Walk ways are for walking... i guess not parking for tripods :) enlighten me if there is a need to.. thank you

Tink they allowed some photogs to shoot from SB tonite. :think: :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.