mustafa... how come so cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pai

Nov 24, 2004
Lala Land
www.flickr.com
am thinking of buying an lcd tv, and noticed that the prices in mustafa are pretty good. is there any reason why they can sell so much cheaper than some of the mainstream electronics shops? anything to beware of?

thanks

Not sure if they are parallel-imported items?
As long as they are backed up by Mustafa's personal honest-to-goodness warranty, it'll be fine with me.

Probably also due to low operational costs. Not sure if they own the buildings they are in. If they do, I'd imagine they would not be affected by the recent rental hikes.

Not sure if they are parallel-imported items?
As long as they are backed up by Mustafa's personal honest-to-goodness warranty, it'll be fine with me.

Probably also due to low operational costs. Not sure if they own the buildings they are in. If they do, I'd imagine they would not be affected by the recent rental hikes.

i think so too. the workers are much cheaper than those you found in orchard rd. no offence to anyone but i think it's reality.

Depending on their pricing strategy, they could reduce their margin to make the products more competitive and attracting more crowd to their mall.....nothing wrong in retail business....along the way you might purchase some other items and spread the good words :thumbsup:

not everything is cheap in mustaffa centre thats what i will say haha

bought my sb-600 for 36X or something like that... local warranty.. but courts, HN selling for $400+

prices are competitive agree! but remember to do homework too

not everything is cheap in mustaffa centre thats what i will say haha

bought my sb-600 for 36X or something like that... local warranty.. but courts, HN selling for $400+

prices are competitive agree! but remember to do homework too

hmm, compared to CP, AP, Lords?

Not everything in Mustafa is cheap. Even the sales guy there tell me himself. As mentioned, one must do homework before going there.

However I love that place..!! 24 hours... tons of interesting things to see and call me mountain tortoise but I only discovered they had a fresh product section recently!!

In fact we always joke that it is the life saver of many an production..... afterall in the wee hours of the morning, your director decides that a pair of running shoes, tennis racket, tv set, mangoes, fruit basket at that corner looks good and tells you, if you can go find it... Who do you call?? Mustafa!! hahaha

Going there is an adventure and after that can go makan fantastic Indian food at little India.

I think it's probably because of the huge stock volume that they have. I've always wondered... how do they actually do stock-taking???

I think they go by volume. Not sure if they have any tie ups with travel agencies cause the last time I walked passed there was this group of Indian tourist (about 30+ of them) trying to get back on the tour bus.... each with 1 lcd tv... no joke....

I love their Casio watch collection.

Mustafa's prices have crept up compared to the past because most of their electronic goods are now sold with local warranty. Gone are the days that they used to sell grey no warranty goods. They generate so much sales volume that just about most electronic agent/distributor deal with them direct. For example they sell so much Sony goods to visiting Indian nationals that there is a unique Sony warranty for India, so no need to sell grey.

Mustafa is a good place for that all under one roof experience, and one can find a lot of unique products in their foodstuffs section.

NeTHaCk, if you search around, a grey SB-600 can be found for $280 or so locally, cash and carry. Certainly if one is not bothered about warranty, there are other places that one can get slightly better prices.

Mustafa's prices have crept up compared to the past because most of their electronic goods are now sold with local warranty. Gone are the days that they used to sell grey no warranty goods. They generate so much sales volume that just about most electronic agent/distributor deal with them direct. For example they sell so much Sony goods to visiting Indian nationals that there is a unique Sony warranty for India, so no need to sell grey.

Mustafa is a good place for that all under one roof experience, and one can find a lot of unique products in their foodstuffs section.

NeTHaCk, if you search around, a grey SB-600 can be found for $280 or so locally, cash and carry. Certainly if one is not bothered about warranty, there are other places that one can get slightly better prices.

ah.. but mine came wih local warranty ;)

cool guys. wah looks like if do my homework can go there do some shopping and spend the savings on some nice indian food!

I believe its because they are such a huge company, they can afford to buy and import things in BULK..so they get a much lower price, and then they can sell it cheaper to consumers.

I love the toiletries section! So much variety and its (slightly) cheaper than everywhere else. But er... the whole place smells pretty funky though. :p

Not everything in Mustafa is cheap. Even the sales guy there tell me himself. As mentioned, one must do homework before going there.

However I love that place..!! 24 hours... tons of interesting things to see and call me mountain tortoise but I only discovered they had a fresh product section recently!!

In fact we always joke that it is the life saver of many an production..... afterall in the wee hours of the morning, your director decides that a pair of running shoes, tennis racket, tv set, mangoes, fruit basket at that corner looks good and tells you, if you can go find it... Who do you call?? Mustafa!! hahaha

Going there is an adventure and after that can go makan fantastic Indian food at little India.

Haa, I was surprised at the fresh products section too... Definitely a good place to go in the wee hours but kind of chaotic if driving.

Haa, I was surprised at the fresh products section too... Definitely a good place to go in the wee hours but kind of chaotic if driving.

which part is the fresh product section? I mean, which floor?

which part is the fresh product section? I mean, which floor?

its the 3rd building at e junction of Syed Alwi Rd & Verdun Rd, top floor. ground level where jewellery is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.