mui thai or wushu stronger?

mui thai & wushu, which is stronger?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i blurr

is there a different between sanda, mma, wushu & kong fu?

Last edited:
Will not comment on other related issues but..

Wushu Sanda does not restrict to a particular school per se, which means that they'll learn Muay Thai moves on top of others, including grappling, etc. For the uninitiated, its not the flowery 'patterns' most may be more familiar with. For eg, this is Sanda

but bruce lee's jet jin do (not sure about the spelling) is also a gathering of different form of martial art, iirc.

I think if the rules state that Muay Thai fighter can't use elbows and knees then the MT fighter will be at a disadvantage coz MT itself is the art of 8 limbs. Being a MT practioner myself, if unable to use elbows and knees then it just becomes another similar martial art to the many other arts out there like Karate or TKD (No offense to any other martial art forms)

I used to practise TKD in the past and later moved on to Muay Thai and i feel that IMO MT seems abit more deadly. But to ask if Muay Thai vs Wushu which is stronger, if it's base on art form VS art form, MT would prob take it coz it's deadlier especially if it were used in it's true original form of Muay Boran which was practised by ancient Thai royal bodyguards meant for killing purposes.

Imagine Tony Jaa VS Jet Li. Now THAT would be a cool match up :thumbsup:

now i blurr

is there a different between sanda, mma, wushu & kong fu?

I think MMA is a combination of a few diff art forms. Someway find it more of a street fighting style. But IMO, MMA incoporates alot of Muay Thai style as well as wrestling moves. Not too sure if that's right though.

Imagine Tony Jaa VS Jet Li. Now THAT would be a cool match up :thumbsup:

Tony Jaa has only fought x5 matches ever, thats like total noob in MT circles.
Jet Li though martial arts champion probably never fought in any Sanshou-like tourney.
Both also not good representation lah, display only..:bsmilie:

but bruce lee's jet jin do (not sure about the spelling) is also a gathering of different form of martial art, iirc.

Nowadays, wushu/kungfu will generally broadly refer to more of display/patterns type that we see in Asian Games ,etc.

San shou/Sanda are the 1on1 matches. Rules defer in each area.

MMA as name implies are MIXED. So u can be from any martial arts. There are champion sanshou/sanda fighters who are in MMA matches, I doubt any wushu practitioners are in those ring though..:)

JT-Fotographia where u train?

Last edited:
Tony Jaa has only fought x5 matches ever, thats like total noob in MT circles.
Jet Li though martial arts champion probably never fought in any Sanshou-like tourney.
Both also not good representation lah, display only..:bsmilie:

Well maybe it would look good in the action movie world. Maybe in real world we could get Yodsanklai VS some Wushu Champ?

Well maybe it would look good in the action movie world. Maybe in real world we could get Yodsanklai VS some Wushu Champ?

If wushu champ means someone like Jet li , then he'll be beaten to a pulp..lol ( like saying Van Damme representing Karate..hee)
But if Sanshou champ, then will be gd to watch considering that Sanshou practitioners will be exposed to various arts.

So depending on rules lah...well,they do have the advantage.

Last edited:
wow..cant wait for the result....:sweatsm:

Not bad, but still not as good as Japan's Kiai master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I&feature=related

What the...:eek:
The FORCE is stronger in the young one...

UandMe, heres same clip another angle clearer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jf3Gc2a0_8&feature=related

I'm actually more curious abt his students.
Which reminds me, cause not have a chance to see.
I'm really curious, no disrespect, abt Singapore's Nam wa pai demonstrations as well.
The one where they line people up, and then master use Chi to push everyone away.
Anyone experienced it before?..

Last edited:

世上的武術沒有高低之分,只有習武的人才有強弱之別 - 霍元甲

There is no strength or weakness is any martial art forms, the strength and weakness lies in the person who practise it.

世上的武術沒有高低之分,只有習武的人才有強弱之別 - 霍元甲

There is no strength or weakness is any martial art forms, the strength and weakness lies in the person who practise it.

but now the question is, masters (grand master maybe, i dont know) of their own form, who else more qualify to test it?

I voted Muay Thai because the Shaolin that's on the mainland is all commercialized junk for tourists, not real shaolin.

San Shou/San Da that's going on in the mainland is just adopted blend of Shuai Chiao, and modern kickboxing techniques not true to the way of traditional chinese kung fu.

Traditional Chinese martial arts are in danger because the old way's of practicing the styles are no longer relevant in Chinese society, so we preserve our Kung Fu styles in various schools like a museum artifact. There are a few Chinese Martial artists out there that still keep the real kung fu in practice but much has been lost. That is why the world now laughs at Chinese Kung Fu. When real Chinese Kung fu was at it's peak development it was actually used for fighting life and death in old China where there was little law and anything goes. There's no room for flowery practices and non practical technique. Not to mention that ancient people were overal MUCH more stronger and tougher to withstand real kung fu training compared to the weak modern people are who practice Chinese kung fu for hobby and fun nowadays. Over the generations as Chinese people have become more civilized there was not much need to develop Chinese bare handed arts so much of Chinese martial art nowadays remains just a antique flower vase of our past days before firearms. :cry:

I voted Muay Thai because the Shaolin that's on the mainland is all commercialized junk for tourists, not real shaolin.

San Shou/San Da that's going on in the mainland is just adopted blend of Shuai Chiao, and modern kickboxing techniques not true to the way of traditional chinese kung fu.

Traditional Chinese martial arts are in danger because the old way's of practicing the styles are no longer relevant in Chinese society, so we preserve our Kung Fu styles in various schools like a museum artifact. There are a few Chinese Martial artists out there that still keep the real kung fu in practice but much has been lost. That is why the world now laughs at Chinese Kung Fu. When real Chinese Kung fu was at it's peak development it was actually used for fighting life and death in old China where there was little law and anything goes. There's no room for flowery practices and non practical technique. Not to mention that ancient people were overal MUCH more stronger and tougher to withstand real kung fu training compared to the weak modern people are who practice Chinese kung fu for hobby and fun nowadays. Over the generations as Chinese people have become more civilized there was not much need to develop Chinese bare handed arts so much of Chinese martial art nowadays remains just a antique flower vase of our past days before firearms. :cry:

Your observations and comments show that
you do not have a single clue of what real martial
arts training is all about. Do not underestimate the
Chinese who has both - in building economic
power together with mighty extreme self-defense.
They will never want to loose face in both areas.

Though it is interesting to put together a top
champion from Muay Thai against an artist
from China's Shaolin kung fu camp, we will
be able to see if the Muay Thai boxer could
release a speed equivalent to a serpent's strike.

In a real encounter between two well trained
martial artistes, it is speed that counts.
The one who can strike a deadly hit faster
will be able to weaken or bring down his opponent
first.

It is very difficult for a Muay Tai boxer
to be faster than one who is well trained and
disciplined in all form of Chinese martial arts.

:think:

Shaolin-Spear-2-708187.jpg

with this, i vote for wushu :)

Status
Not open for further replies.