Mui Ne (Vietnam)

blurblur

Aug 10, 2006
Singapore
Hi,

Any brother/Sister went to this place before? Can let me know anything that I need to be caution on? Thanks

The beach there can get dirty for some time, last month for example. Don't know it's still dirty now or not. Better check with a local there (your agent, hotel manager maybe).

I'm from HCMC.

no, nothing much. i think it was pretty safe, as i had walked along the streets there (relatively bright areas) alone at night before.

but of course, the usual caution applies.

Thanks brother.

Any recommend place to makan & drink? hehehehehe

hmmm...
the fairy stream river is abit disappointing and kinda of dangerous..
u dont need the child guide to guide u through the walk,just follow the stream all the way..
the child guide will pester u for their service...

remember to get a suntan lotion while walking the sand dune..

hmmm...
the fairy stream river is abit disappointing and kinda of dangerous..
u dont need the child guide to guide u through the walk,just follow the stream all the way..
the child guide will pester u for their service...

remember to get a suntan lotion while walking the sand dune..

what's so dangerous about the fairy stream?

Fairy stream is just a relaxing walk down ankle to knee level waters in a mini canyon type of setting. If there is danger, perhaps it will be in the form of stepping on something sharp as you are required to take off your footwear.
Just becareful not to get swarmed by too many kids guiding you, for they may all demand payment for guiding you at the end of your visit there.

Another thing is when visiting the big sand dunes, bring proper footwear and have a proper bag to put your stuff (ESP YOUR CAMERA!) cause its really gonna get harsh with a lot of sand blowing against you at rather high speeds. I opened my bag for like 5-10 seconds to get my camera (i wanted to shoot my friend sand sledding, and my camera now has scars from that! lucky it was PnS) and a lot of my stuff got real sandy. If you are thinking of shooting the dunes with your DSLR please be careful!

As for food, i enjoyed eating at the 'Al Fresco' seafood restaurents by the beach. They have a nice way of cooking shellfish/scallops, prices are not incredibly cheap but are still very reasonable. Can't remember the exact locations of the places i went to, but there aren't that many of them.

for food, i'm not very acquitted with the entire layout of mui ne, but i stayed on this long straight stretch of road, which should be the main town itself.

there is a chinese restaurant there that is very affordable. i can't remember the name though, sorry that i can't help. most of the food there is quite ok, if you ask me. just avoid the obvious, obvious tourist traps.