Ms colour is a lousy supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

nansen

Dec 22, 2008
East
To all buyer, pls take concern of my story :

I have brought a Canon G10 at 31 Oct 2008 from MS photo at AMK HUB. I never bring my camera out door for testing until the December 2008 holiday.

During the shooting at the out door, I intend to clean the lens of the G10. Under the sun light I had discovered a fur that inside the camera and stick to the internal lens. I check with all my friend and all they said that is the manufacturer fault.

As a cosumer like me had purchased a deffect camera, so who should I look for?

I brought this matter back to the supplier, in result they told me that I had purchased more than 2 months and refuse to help me to solve the problem and ask me to go to the Canon Service Center with the proper channels.

-Canon have supplied a deffect camera to MS Colour
-Ms Colour have sold the deffect to the consumer.
-I am the cosumer who received the manufacturer deffect for more than 2 months.

Any can tell me who should I look for? I have no direct bussiness with Canon.
How if I go to Canon and they ask me to go to Japan factory and check with their QC department?

I am the one who suffered the most. MS colour have direct business with Canon but they refused to provide the most important part of business (After Sales Service). Their interest are only want to earn money out of your pocket and do not care for the rest of your goods that buy.

I had loss all my confidence to purchase any product from MS Colour. I will never go back to that shop again.:angry:

Why didn't you just bring it back to Canon? After all, the warranty is with Canon, not MS color!

In Singapore, and most places, you deal with the manufacturer, not the retailer.

At the end of the day, what you want is to have the camera fixed/replaced. Only Canon can do that.

You bought the camera 2 months ago, and you find that there's a problem with it. So do you really expect MS Color or any store out there to give you a replacement or repair it for you?

No, unless it's a 7 day thing, I would suggest you head down to Canon Service Centre at Keppel Towers (near vivocity) for a repair. If all goes well, it will be free but take a week iirc.

MS Color is the middlemen in the trade for you to get the Camera at street prices. They are not repairmen, and neither will they act as the middleman for repairs. If you want something repaired, head back to the manufacturer. This isn't like buying a defective fridge/toaster/fan from best denki and bringing it back to them for a repair.

Last edited:
You only should blame yourself. It's not MScolour's fault that you did check your camera properly. And it's been two months since the purchase was made, not a single retailer would exchange the camera after such long period.

May be you should change the thread title from "MS coulour is a lousy supplier" to the "Baseless complains from a camera buyer"

To all buyer, pls take concern of my story :

I have brought a Canon G10 at 31 Oct 2008 from MS photo at AMK HUB. I never bring my camera out door for testing until the December 2008 holiday.

During the shooting at the out door, I intend to clean the lens of the G10. Under the sun light I had discovered a fur that inside the camera and stick to the internal lens. I check with all my friend and all they said that is the manufacturer fault.

As a cosumer like me had purchased a deffect camera, so who should I look for?

I brought this matter back to the supplier, in result they told me that I had purchased more than 2 months and refuse to help me to solve the problem and ask me to go to the Canon Service Center with the proper channels.

-Canon have supplied a deffect camera to MS Colour
-Ms Colour have sold the deffect to the consumer.
-I am the cosumer who received the manufacturer deffect for more than 2 months.

Any can tell me who should I look for? I have no direct bussiness with Canon.
How if I go to Canon and they ask me to go to Japan factory and check with their QC department?

I am the one who suffered the most. MS colour have direct business with Canon but they refused to provide the most important part of business (After Sales Service). Their interest are only want to earn money out of your pocket and do not care for the rest of your goods that buy.

I had loss all my confidence to purchase any product from MS Colour. I will never go back to that shop again.:angry:

Guess there's 2 sides to the coin. There are no lack of examples of bad dealer feedbacks so here's one that reflects the nonsense these dealers have to face.

Whilst I do not agree with the comments saying that faults automatically must go to the manufacturer instead of the retailer, I think your two month gap is a problem. It will be difficult for you to prove that you did not use the camera for two months and from the retailers point of view, a lot of things can happen in two months.

What happen that if I go to Canon Service?

Open the brand new model camera and give a blow?

May be you should change the thread title from "MS coulour is a lousy supplier" to the "Baseless complains from a camera buyer"

hahahaha!!!!:bsmilie:

Go to Japan factory and mess their QC up.. :sweatsm::bsmilie:;p

Within a week of purchase, there is good chance that MS colour do a 1-1 exchange with you...
after 2 months, what do you expect from the retailer?

Bring your camera to Canon, they will assess the defect. If its a manufacturer defect, Canon will fix it for you FOC.

If deffect and only discovered under the bright light. room lighting a unable to discover event I bring back to the shop. All the stuff are unable to know where was it until I told then.

As a Singapore consumer, in most cases, the shop will honor 7-days 1-for-1 exchange if the equipment is found faulty. In other shops, they will not entertain exchange after you walk out of the door.

Here is my take:
(1) it has been 2 months since you bought the camera, during this 2 months, a lot of thing can happen to your camera, you can't expect the shop to provide a replacement for you even if you are living in USA (they usually will have a 1-month return guarantee).
(2) the fur/hair/dust or whatever that you found inside the lens, it might be there already when it is packed in the box from the manufacturer, or it can be sucked into the camera while you are zooming the lens in and out to take photographs. So you can't be 100% sure that it is there when it came out of the assembly line, right?
(3) the fur/hair will not show up in your photos so technically it is not a fault. I am not even sure if Canon service centre will entertain the request to clean your camera lens.

I think it is unfair for you to call someone a lousy supplier based on the complaint that you have made.

Thanks noted, new for the forum

Within a week of purchase, there is good chance that MS colour do a 1-1 exchange with you...
after 2 months, what do you expect from the retailer?

Bring your camera to Canon, they will assess the defect. If its a manufacturer defect, Canon will fix it for you FOC.

I can bring the deffect camera for you to check if you can find it under the room light. I will get you a coffee out of that.

It is a deffect that not easily can be discover, is it my fault to have discovered the deffect after 2 months.

As a Singapore consumer, in most cases, the shop will honor 7-days 1-for-1 exchange if the equipment is found faulty. In other shops, they will not entertain exchange after you walk out of the door.

Here is my take:
(1) it has been 2 months since you bought the camera, during this 2 months, a lot of thing can happen to your camera, you can't expect the shop to provide a replacement for you even if you are living in USA (they usually will have a 1-month return guarantee).
(2) the fur/hair/dust or whatever that you found inside the lens, it might be there already when it is packed in the box from the manufacturer, or it can be sucked into the camera while you are zooming the lens in and out to take photographs. So you can't be 100% sure that it is there when it came out of the assembly line, right?
(3) the fur/hair will not show up in your photos so technically it is not a fault. I am not even sure if Canon service centre will entertain the request to clean your camera lens.

I think it is unfair for you to call someone a lousy supplier based on the complaint that you have made.

Imagine you are the supplier, where is your responsibilty to your customer. They have problem, do you just push away. Come on man just be a responsible guy to everybody including yourself.

If I am not mistaken, herein lies one of the differences between buying from a smaller shop (i.e. MS Color) and a bigger shop (i.e. Best Denki). For the former, you'll have to bring your faulty equipment to the service center of the manufacturer whereas for the latter, they are likely to provide you with an acceptable after-sales service by taking the faulty item in and sending it themselves to the respective manufacturer service center. Less hassle for the consumer, though the repair might take a bit longer than you bringing the item yourself personally.

Bottomline, if the price diff between the smaller and bigger shop is quite negligible, better to get it from the bigger shop. :)

:Later,

You only should blame yourself. It's not MScolour's fault that you did check your camera properly. And it's been two months since the purchase was made, not a single retailer would exchange the camera after such long period.

Great thanks for your comment, can I meet you up, I pass the camera for you for checking in a minute. If you can find where is the deffect. Over here, I do make a promise to buy you a good dinner.

Imagine you are the supplier, where is your responsibilty to your customer. They have problem, do you just push away. Come on man just be a responsible guy to everybody including yourself.

the main thing is you didnt even bother to test the G10 at all. If its a few days, then i can understand. But 2 months?? As what the the few guys up have mentioned, the shop will def exchange with you if there's any problem with the set within 7 days.

like i said in another thread, while customer in singapore needs to be improved, customer's mentality and attitude need to buck up too.

There's a simple concept you can't seem to grasp. The warranty of the product is offered by the manufacturer, not the retailer. Hence, there's nothing wrong asking you to go back to Canon for assistance.

Here is my take:

So what can you say, what fault is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.