MPEG to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumball

Jul 8, 2003
I have some Video Clip files converted from DV tape to digital files and want to burn them into DVDs.

Is is possible for me to use Nero to burn them? I realise I can burn it with Nero but cant compress the video clip to fit into the size of a DVD...

Is there any free software that can do this?

Thanks.

Depends what is your format, a normal 2 hrs DV should fit a DVD.....I bet it must be still iin avi, in this case you have to convert it to mp2 :lovegrin:

yes, like what royce said, you have to use nero vision. and iirc a plug-in for mpg2 license is also need... could be wrong tho.

hi guys, if a mpeg-2 video format to dvd, do i need to do any conversion to make it able to play on a normal dvd player?

any loss in quality after conversion?

thanks.

use nero vision to author it into dvd video files.For DVD disc to be read by dvd player they have to be in video_ts folders(part of the format) and thus u cannot burn mpeg2 format into it unless u burning it as data disc and some players may be able to read it(my shinco and enzer can).

use nero vision to author it into dvd video files.For DVD disc to be read by dvd player they have to be in video_ts folders(part of the format) and thus u cannot burn mpeg2 format into it unless u burning it as data disc and some players may be able to read it(my shinco and enzer can).

OK thanks chanxj, but i from MPEG2 to DVD, any loss in video quality?
I read that you have to encode MPEG2 to ?? then use DVD author tool to set up folder like what u mentioned and then burn to dvd to play for most player.

it is said after encoding, the file will be bigger? so does it mean MPEG2 is a compressed format but after encoding, it gives a higher quality in video format?

when you output your avi files to mp2 you'll need to decide on the bit rate which will give u the quality of the dvd, the idea is very simple, a dvd 5 disc has 4.7 gb and it doesn't really care what you put in it (binary) so if you select a bitrate of 2mb/s and you divide it by 4.7 you might be able to put in 6 hours of video but it would be poorer quality. normally setting a bit rate of around 4 mb/s (variable bit rate ) would give you 2 hours of acceptable quality dvd video. After that you use an authouring program such as adobe encore to create and burn the dvd (can use nero also) to create the menu and video for the final dvd.

A DVD authoring program will create a Video_TS folder on the HDD (or burn direct to DVD) with the appropriate ".vob" files. DVD video files is essentially mpg2 video format, so maybe no conversion at all, just changing the extension to ".vob" for it to be recognisable by normal DVD players.

If you select the output location to be the HDD, you can using nero to burn it to DVD. Must specific "DVD-Video" option in nero, and specific the "Video_TS" folder on the HDD as the source files. It will then create the appropriate file structure on the DVD disc so that it is playable by standard DVD players.

Rgds

hi guys, if a mpeg-2 video format to dvd, do i need to do any conversion to make it able to play on a normal dvd player?

any loss in quality after conversion?

thanks.

Have been using this..

DVDcomposer
by CodeJam

You can even add chapters to it and add a menu page and a lot of extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.