Moving to FF...

Actually, Full Frame is not what people always aim to reach. Some go for FF because of need, some go for because of temptation of wants.

Even if it's forced to choose between 6D or 5D3, it's still based on your needs and budget, both are good camera if you refer to image sensor. But if you compare the AF that 70D uses (I heard this uses same AF used in 5D3), I don't think 6D is comparable (at least from the specs sheet. I've not used the 6D before.)

I guess i fall to the latter category haha

so my point is, 5d3 combines both the decent AF of the 70D with the FF of 6D. So i would be keeping my 70D for sports purposes, did perform good enough for me haha

I guess i fall to the latter category haha

so my point is, 5d3 combines both the decent AF of the 70D with the FF of 6D. So i would be keeping my 70D for sports purposes, did perform good enough for me haha

Personally, I still feel that using a crop body will give you more "reach". E.g. 70-200 @200mm on FF = 200mm, on crop = 320mm

*Some may disagree with what I said about reach, since it's about cropping (if you have enough megapixels)

@gardna - I shoot a lot indoors where lighting condition are poorer so the 6D and D750 which I used to use were very helpful given their good high ISO performance. I havent used the 5D3 so I cant comment. Again, it depends on your needs. Try not to pay for features that you wont actually use, or would only use less than 3-5 times during the camera's lifespan.

Personally, I still feel that using a crop body will give you more "reach". E.g. 70-200 @200mm on FF = 200mm, on crop = 320mm

I agree. This is the compelling reason to keep a crop camera around even if getting a FF one.

i like my 70D a lot, no negatives really.. @rainduet

nothing that is lacking actually, i like what it covers, does well in everything @skystrike

but isnt full frame what people always aim to reach?

im just starting to raise funds, did not have much last time so didnt even bother to think about it, haha @trd2970
So..From what you just said it yourself.
My guess is you just want to get a FF because you want a FF. If that is so.
Then go ahead. 6D/5D3 are FF. You decide whether you want 2 body (keep your 70D) or 1 body will do for you.
I say.. keep the 70D first. Who knows..you might not like the FF after you gotten it.

*Some may disagree with what I said about reach, since it's about cropping (if you have enough megapixels)

This is one of the reasons why i wish to go for the two body set up of 6d and 70D

@gardna - I shoot a lot indoors where lighting condition are poorer so the 6D and D750 which I used to use were very helpful given their good high ISO performance. I havent used the 5D3 so I cant comment. Again, it depends on your needs. Try not to pay for features that you wont actually use, or would only use less than 3-5 times during the camera's lifespan.

I have shot in indoors and realise that that is one of the weaknesses of the 70D.
i dont think ill actually use the extra features (of the 5d3) that much i guess

I agree. This is the compelling reason to keep a crop camera around even if getting a FF one.

For sports i guess. But my other spectrum of landscapes, yea...
But ill survive with my 10-18 for now i guess given the hefty, hefty price tag of the 11-24

So..From what you just said it yourself.
My guess is you just want to get a FF because you want a FF. If that is so.
Then go ahead. 6D/5D3 are FF. You decide whether you want 2 body (keep your 70D) or 1 body will do for you.
I say.. keep the 70D first. Who knows..you might not like the FF after you gotten it.

Yes, want, not a need, haha
i guess i might not get used to the crop factor of FF given ive used a crop for a long time