Mountains & Breasts

Josephchlee

Aug 31, 2010
East Coast
Hi,

My first post was to buy a DSLR and should I wait for a Canon 60D. I did wait for the 60D and along the way learned the expensive way.

a) Should have bought only the 60D body and perhaps borrow some lens or buy a cheap second hand lens. I sold my kit lens EF 18-55 IS at a lost.

b) I became so interested in the subject and quickly learned to shoot in Raw and process the photos with Canon Digital Photo Professional and discovered that the software has very limited capabilities. After goiing on the WEB and speaking to experts, I focused on Adobe Lightroom and CS5,finally buyiing the CS5.

c) Well and happy, no no, trouble is just begining. Disk space is so important and I decided to upgrade my harddisk from 120Gig to 320 Gig for my old Levono T60 and from Vista to Window 7. Took a week and finally suceeded using the tools provided free by Seagate
http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/

d) Happily started working on my pictures and soon discovered that Adobe CS5 is RAM hungry and my 32 bit machine cannot even utilised the existing 4Gig ram so no point buying more hardware unless I upgrade to 64bit which involved new window 7 64bit, and other new softwares including new Adobe CS5. After numerous checks on the web and settiings, I am now able to process a picture at a time and forget about batch processing. Do my batch processing on Canon Digital Photo professional and only selected photos on CS5. Any advice out there.

e) Adobe CS5 is amazing and I do not know which photos out there is real or Abobelised.
As a newnobies, have a look at Lake Toya, Hokkaido comparing mountains and breasts, only that there are so many people around disturbing the pleasure
jVT9aj7SlFf0zGZv9v_pHiR949jw6UIfcDqNFyslUDxNP7rCO2smXrNjgOgBZ949sdrPSg3DIr6mkGGfEgSBASU-mw=s512

Well, no worries go on take the photos and make them disappears, the picture is abodelised, is there a better discription as I am still learning the correct terminology.

fj97SiETGEQO3KuDvmasCkmN6VAlDoBqAfnAJS0NE4HClYBSBx0oKYY2_O7k7pm_JUgDngxIpocb56rCnLp0jHyXIg=s512

First time I succeded in posting a picture in the forum

Why did you sell your kit lens? Nice pic :thumbsup:

Sold my kit 18-55mm IS as I bought a Tamron 18-270mm DiII VC immediately thereafter and the picture was taken with the Tamron, good for travel. Have since upgraded to Canon 17-55mm IS USM and moving on.