Mountain Climbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Ros, I would love to join u in Mongolia if I had viewed this forum earlier! Have a nice trip and do let me know how ur trip went. I would love to view ur presentation when u are ready.

best time to trek in Nepal is from Oct to Nov. It is not so cold and less snow so easier to trek. I went in Dec. The amount of snow is horrendous and consequently the avalanche risk. But in Himalayas, you can never be sure about weather as you already know. Just be careful, when it snows for say 2 to 3 days, try not to cross the pass immediately. Let the snow consolidate or melt first then attempt the crossing. Make sure you start early in the morning before the sun melts the snow/ice. once you cross the pass, it is a steep steep drop down (and icy too). A good walking stick will save your knees!

Enjoy the hotsprings in Tatopani!

I forgot Ros, if you have time, spend a day or two at Kagbeni after you have crossed the pass. Keeping my fingers "crossed" for you.

bigberd said:
I forgot Ros, if you have time, spend a day or two at Kagbeni after you have crossed the pass. Keeping my fingers "crossed" for you.

Hi Bigberd, sure i will enjoy the hotsprings at Tatopani, and why are you keeping your fingers crossed for me hehehe...any thing special at Kagbeni?
care to share with us? For the circuit i'm still on the planning stage still looking for kaki to go for photography and trekking. Ok sign off now need to go to the airport Bye.

Many thanks!!! Happy Shooting!!!
Ros

Hi, just fell into this thread... anybody would like to go to the summit of Mount Kinabalu? I've summited it once and its beautiful.. now wanna bring my eyes and camera along...

Hi Nickmak... I'm keen on joining Kinabalu Trip.

how about weekend during national day? anyone keen?

currently i have plans to go KK with my friends during nov, the wk of the deepavali and hari raya holidays..maybe we can work out something..

for those keen on mountaineering, tues GV great world show movie 'touching the void'. part of the UK film festival.. if u have read the book b4, u shd know wat the movie is abt.. tues 7pm..think only 1 show..wanna go together? hehe..

well.. if u ppl keen.. we can gather a small grp.. climb and shoot.. cos.. if we are going to delay.. monsoon season would hit and we wun be able to climb... hmmm or is it here early this yr... hahahaa... cold day today~ ;)

Been to:

1. Nepal ABC 6-day ABC trek. Backpack. About 4000m
2. Nepal Panchase Trek (3-4 days) with Country Holidays. 1st time having my SLR/tripod. Peak about 2500m.
3. Kashmir Himalaya Trek - only have P&S then ... about 4000m
4. Greek Island hiking - one day job. No camera then.

Seriously must recommend (2) to first-timer, great photo opportunity. Lazy to convert my Kodak Photo CD to JPEG so only 2 photos: http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=254055

hi, i am doing some stair training almost every sunday morning at bukit timah hill.. if u keen to have some sunday morning exercise together, we can meet up there..

wat i usually do it carry a light load, go up to the top, do the 'circuit' abt 2-3 times..usually be there abt 9-930am.. on some occassions, i will just hike from bukit timah to mac ritchie or from the hill top, walk to dairyfarm estate and take bus home.. anyone keen, do PM me.. it good to keep in shape n conditions b4 any trips..rather than jst u are abt to plan for some trips then start to train, maybe too rush by then n injure urself..

prata at opp beauty world or the famous prawn noodles at adman road after the workout is also usually part of the 'training' ..heheh..

Keith,

Hey man. Would like to join u but my baby daughter is rather fickle on this especially on weekends. Used to do Bt Timah in my single carefree days. I'll love 2 join u if I can. Please PM ur contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.