Most budget to keep a camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny888

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
hi again,

as i've just gotten my cam, i've kill off almost all my budget, anyway i'm a newbie and the camera is also 2nd hand, but i heard i cant just leave it in my bag rite? so now i need to get a dry box and silicon gel is it? i've heard stuff like heating up the gel in microwave to get rid of the moisture lolx, can i simply replace a new gel rite? oh gosh i'm really a noob in this. hope someone can enlighten me a bit in this regards.

tks a lot!

you can use the microwave method. alternatively you can replace with new gel but that is going to cost you quite abit long term. You should also get a hygrometer to measure the humidity in your dry box.

whats ur budget? to own a dslr is cheap. to maintain is costly.

You can also get those dry box with hydrometer in it

hi, well i would like to spend less than a hundred since i've almost wipe out my budget alr, just thinking of a way to store the camera haaa. hmm okieee.. i think i'll get a dry box with hydrometer... then i put the gel inside is it? any idea how much it gonna cost me? i'm a total noob with cams.

tks again.

very cheap! 5 bucks for 1 kg if i am not wrong. Most camera shop should sell.

hi, well i would like to spend less than a hundred since i've almost wipe out my budget alr, just thinking of a way to store the camera haaa. hmm okieee.. i think i'll get a dry box with hydrometer... then i put the gel inside is it? any idea how much it gonna cost me? i'm a total noob with cams.

tks again.

Drybox w hydrometer 25~30
Silica gel 3.50~5

Use your cam as often as you can and expose the lens under the sun
That should keep the molds out

Last edited:
that helps a lot. thanks for the info : )

Status
Not open for further replies.