Modifying a Fujifilm 2800z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meanie

Dec 29, 2002
Visit site
Came across this on the web, found it pretty cool and I thought I share it.

Modifying 2800z (Warning : In Chinese)

I'm a little interested in doing something like this but can someone help me identify some of the stuff used in this project? Mainly the filters/hood thingy, where I can get them and how much am I expected to pay? Appreciate any input!

Originally posted by Meanie
Came across this on the web, found it pretty cool and I thought I share it.

Modifying 2800z (Warning : In Chinese)

I'm a little interested in doing something like this but can someone help me identify some of the stuff used in this project? Mainly the filters/hood thingy, where I can get them and how much am I expected to pay? Appreciate any input!

nothing special leh. Not so creative and he is not the pioneer in this field leh. these things can be easily done. no big deal.

Just get the step up ring, try to avoid the vignetting if you can.
the lens hood can be easily purchase, rubber one. (I did not buy one because it looks too huge compare to the camera's body!)
Plastic barrel? try to find any container with this size lor.

but one thing is that hor, spray metallic paint on this plastic barrel , the paint will drop off very fast one. preferable you can make one metal one! :dent:

Originally posted by 007

but one thing is that hor, spray metallic paint on this plastic barrel , the paint will drop off very fast one. preferable you can make one metal one! :dent:

Actually, paint peeling will not occur if you spray with the right technique and finish it with a coat of lacquer. I've experience doing this kinda stuff. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.