MO - Whats the intention behind it?


Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#21
Sykestang, small typo, the group called 'Nikon Users Group'.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#22
Erm... mods? Can bring in da lock?

I'm not sure what da entire fuss is about, but if its some personal vendetta against 2 regular MOers I dun think it shld be carried out here.

Like I'd always said (and believed), want to settle it, come out meet for kopi and tok over it like a man amicably, dun do 1 thing here and den do another thing there. ;)
 

poohbear

Senior Member
Aug 11, 2004
1,163
0
0
Sengkang
#23
For my pt of view , i would do the same like espn. Stylus C34 may only see one side of the story but din see the other , so can't blame him too . The world's like that only see the good things done but not the bad . Sigh ...... well, looks like his pathetic sympathy farewell was quite successful hahah :bsmilie: wat a loser .....
 

jeffgoh

New Member
Jul 22, 2002
461
0
0
jeffgoh.clubsnap.org
#24
Guys,

Just for the record, I created this thread to level set some expectations on MO thats all. I didnt expect this to turn into a personal agenda. :nono:

I would appreciate if you guys comes in and give suggestion on how to improve MO to avoid conflicts, i think it will be a better way of spending time here then to go all out personal just cos of some remarks.

I think a better way to do this is still to take it off line with the person you have an issue with and lets not degenerate the thread. Airing your personal agenda in the fourm is not gonna get you anywhere. Still to each and every individual.

Take this will a pinch of salt, just think abt it, the words you choose to use here will reflect on your individual character. Be it if you mean it or not.

Anyway Chirstmas is just round the corner thus take it easy and let life leads its own way. To hold on to things too tight is not gonna do you any good and may cause unneccessary harm.

Merry Chirstmas!
 

Bluestrike

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
4,784
0
0
41
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
#25
jeffgoh said:
Guys,

Just for the record, I created this thread to level set some expectations on MO thats all. I didnt expect this to turn into a personal agenda. :nono:

I would appreciate if you guys comes in and give suggestion on how to improve MO to avoid conflicts, i think it will be a better way of spending time here then to go all out personal just cos of some remarks.

I think a better way to do this is still to take it off line with the person you have an issue with and lets not degenerate the thread. Airing your personal agenda in the fourm is not gonna get you anywhere. Still to each and every individual.

Take this will a pinch of salt, just think abt it, the words you choose to use here will reflect on your individual character. Be it if you mean it or not.

Anyway Chirstmas is just round the corner thus take it easy and let life leads its own way. To hold on to things too tight is not gonna do you any good and may cause unneccessary harm.

Merry Chirstmas!
Ho ho ho....

Merry Christmas...

HO.. HO... ho.....
 

Jun 29, 2003
33
0
0
Visit site
#26
sykestang said:
Maybe you should follow up the recent Mayonaise case before posting in here to create more unhappiness among members here.

Here are all his threads:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=104881

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=104745

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=105975

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=104990

If I don't remember wrongly, there are another 2 more threads that was locked by the moderators in the Buy & Sell Forum.

...
To be frank, I'm not interested in what happen between the 2 of them. I'm refering to basically that statement.

How's 1 going to stop another from bringing in some stocks to SG? Is that statement suppose to be a joke? Or a pure silly remark? It's an open forum, think twice before posting some remarks that'll kick others off.

sehsuan said:
Stylus C345678 has been like that. Hiding all along, with a strong dash of sarcasm, and dry wit.
And what's that gotta do with you? Your posting has got nothing to do with this thread except to stir up more flames. Nice try.

BTW, I'll rather hide behind the monitor then doing things too openly, especially like the way you scold your daddy left right in .. a public forum.

:think:
 

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#27
Often, those pple who organize mass order don't read the guidelines. When it does get locked, they blame the authorities.

Fiery exchange of word in the public, half a side of story was told.. the other side seem to be gone with the wind~~

Perhaps, the mass ordering need to revamped further.
1) Deletion/Locking of thread will send a email/pm to the thread starter.. *auto reply* and direct them to read the guidelines.....

There pro and cons..but sometimes people do like to live in controlled environment.... :rolleyes:
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#28
ransoma22 said:
Often, those pple who organize mass order don't read the guidelines. When it does get locked, they blame the authorities.

Fiery exchange of word in the public, half a side of story was told.. the other side seem to be gone with the wind~~

Perhaps, the mass ordering need to revamped further.
1) Deletion/Locking of thread will send a email/pm to the thread starter.. *auto reply* and direct them to read the guidelines.....

There pro and cons..but sometimes people do like to live in controlled environment.... :rolleyes:
Oi! Most of the time I did that "auto reply" thing!! :kok:
 

Drudkh

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2004
6,129
0
0
lulu island
#29
Lets all shake hands and enjoy the festive season, let all unhappiness be bygones. Time to lock the thread?

Merry Christmas! :)
 

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#30
togu said:
Oi! Most of the time I did that "auto reply" thing!! :kok:

To relieve your added burden~~ a script to be written..~~ not human intervention of auto reply.. :flame:
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#31
ransoma22 said:
To relieve your added burden~~ a script to be written..~~ not human intervention of auto reply.. :flame:

That sounds good... :gbounce:

But it's gonna be tough, cos most of the time, we see human, talk human, see ghost, talk ghost, every reply is different.

:think:
 

xmen2003

New Member
Mar 23, 2003
463
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#32
jeffgoh said:
I would appreciate if you guys comes in and give suggestion on how to improve MO to avoid conflicts, i think it will be a better way of spending time here then to go all out personal just cos of some remarks.

I think a better way to do this is still to take it off line with the person you have an issue with and lets not degenerate the thread. Airing your personal agenda in the fourm is not gonna get you anywhere. Still to each and every individual.

Take this will a pinch of salt, just think abt it, the words you choose to use here will reflect on your individual character. Be it if you mean it or not.
Very well said. Looking at some of the comments posted here, it is really scary to be friends of these pple. You need to extremely with your words else you might end up been beaten up.

I think the direct benefit of some MO need not be $$. Some can get free equipment loans easily becos they are now in the "good books" of the supplier/manufacturer or even special discount for their own purchase in future. Sometimes when I visit some retail outlet, I heard pple saying "you must give me a good discount cos I always bring my friends to your shop" and stuff like that. See my point. ;p

Of course there are some really good MO because the organizers themselves need the item and hope to get better rates through bulk order. Those are really commendable.

Since this is not commerical forum, profit making through MO should be minimal and discouraged even for the admins themselves.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#33
To JeffGoh, I apologize for my misbehaviour and OT in your thread as I was targetted by Stylus_C34, I didn't want to reply or say anything but I had to be targetted. At least there was snide remarks or crude accusations.



sykestang said:
Lastly from my understanding from ESPN after the whole issue, Mayonaise also PM espn with some absurd questioning, remarks picking a fight with him, maybe espn would like to share it further.
Issue has been over I don't wish to dig it up anymore, but I do hope people can think before talking and if want to quote, quote me openly, I take it as a chance for me to clear the air and not to fight.






FireFox said:
And to add to the general rules of the thumb, I think it's okay if the MO organiser makes a token sum to cover transport and time.
I'm pretty fine with not earning, but some people take it for granted we OWE them the items. It's pretty sad, till now even though I'm very tired and sick of the da Protectors MO, I just do it because I can help and as a form of reciprocity for the community I grew up in. Too hard?







xmen2003 said:
Very well said. Looking at some of the comments posted here, it is really scary to be friends of these pple. You need to extremely with your words else you might end up been beaten up.


I think the direct benefit of some MO need not be $$. Some can get free equipment loans easily becos they are now in the "good books" of the supplier/manufacturer or even special discount for their own purchase in future. Sometimes when I visit some retail outlet, I heard pple saying "you must give me a good discount cos I always bring my friends to your shop" and stuff like that. See my point.
And as again, Nikon sponsors most of the Nikon outings/CS outings out of goodwill, ANYBODY with a good reason/itinerary can approach Nikon for loan of items.

I managed to T-Loan the items because I'm a NPS member and I approached Nikon in the right manner of writing in and requesting for support given that it's a D70 outing, I followed the right hirerachy up.

Nikon generously offered the items to me. I also had a form to sign to signify that the items were on loan to me and I'm responsible for the items. I don't just walk into Shriro House, open their stock cabinets and take the stuffs dude, I'm responsible for the items ;)

If you're a working professional in the photography field, you can also approach Nikon for loan if items for reviewing BEFORE purchasing, this is how Nikon cares for their consumers, you don't need to be in Nikon's good books to do all these. The loans are free btw. Ask willyfoo on his 200 f/2VR.

Just FYI, they even apologized when the 17-55/17-35, D2H was on loan and unable to loan it to me. It has nothing to do with me getting into good books of anybody.

It might work in business and society, but Nikon has always maintained a neutrality in this forums. Nikon has NOTHING to do with me apart from me being their consumer.

I hope this clears up the "I think the direct benefit of some MO need not be $$. Some can get free equipment loans easily becos they are now in the "good books" of the supplier/manufacturer or even special discount for their own purchase in future."

Beating up and fighting are for brawny people. We're all adults, nothing can't be fixed via talking.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#34
Stylus C34 said:
BTW, I'll rather hide behind the monitor then doing things too openly, especially like the way you scold your daddy left right in .. a public forum.

:think:
I'm not sure what's it abt ur philosophy, but when things become so serious until scold father, scold mother in forum den plain normal flaming, might as well come out to clear the air like a man.

If both parties got nothing to hide on their own conscience, no point hiding behind a monitor.

A little OT, but my 2 cents on it. :D
 

RossChang

New Member
May 2, 2004
1,549
0
0
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
#35
Stylus C34 said:
And what's that gotta do with you? Your posting has got nothing to do with this thread except to stir up more flames. Nice try.
It's christmans soon dude, where's ur heart for forgiveness?

Stylus C34 said:
BTW, I'll rather hide behind the monitor then doing things too openly, especially like the way you scold your daddy left right in .. a public forum.
Doing tis in a public forum will do you nothing but depreciation of your personality. If you DO Have some ISSUES with some of the CS members, meet up, talk over it, and if even proximity is a problem, give a phone call... words are always a poor means of communication when emotions are brought in...

Merry Christmas to everyone... and may everyone have a merry berry holiday... :D
 

#36
jsbn said:
I'm not sure what's it abt ur philosophy, but when things become so serious until scold father, scold mother in forum den plain normal flaming, might as well come out to clear the air like a man.
If both parties got nothing to hide on their own conscience, no point hiding behind a monitor.
A little OT, but my 2 cents on it. :D
Totally agree with jsbn and RossChang, it is better to clarify issue than hidding behind.
At least, Espn and Sykestang are using their original nickname and are not hiding.
 

jeffgoh

New Member
Jul 22, 2002
461
0
0
jeffgoh.clubsnap.org
#37
Gentlemen,

I think this thread has no longer served it’s purpose. I do not wish to let this thread degenerate further anymore. I will be locking it.

Again this is a sad thing to see people getting OT in threads which are trying to make CS a better place for all to stay but instead tuning it to a focus of a personal vendetta.

Good Day.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom