MO for X-Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbao

Apr 1, 2002
www.onlinereferences.net
Hi all,
Since I am getting this with my friends, I am looking for people to join me so that we can get a cheaper shipping cost.

The information of this x-drive is here http://www.pcprice.com.tw/~pcprice/customer/KingByte/PDF/VP2030-DM.pdf

I never try it before but if you have any question, do post it here and I will search around for the answer.

Price i am getting is not final yet but it should be around $115 US ($200 SGD). Standard package comes with a bag and 1 year warranty. Be remind that you have to ship back to taiwan for repair/exchange during the 1 year warranty.

no hd is included, you can expect 200 for a hd included .. ;)

To order please reply here or give me a pm. My email is ahbao@s3s1.com.

thanks .. :)

Current name list
----------------------

me
chenwei

Originally posted by ahbao
Hi all,
Since I am getting this with my friends, I am looking for people to join me so that we can get a cheaper shipping cost.

The information of this x-drive is here http://www.pcprice.com.tw/~pcprice/customer/KingByte/PDF/VP2030-DM.pdf

I never try it before but if you have any question, do post it here and I will search around for the answer.

Price i am getting is not final yet but it should be around $115 US ($200 SGD). Standard package comes with a bag and 1 year warranty. Be remind that you have to ship back to taiwan for repair/exchange during the 1 year warranty.

To order please reply here or give me a pm. My email is ahbao@s3s1.com.

thanks

I am interested. Just that can you be more specify a bit? Let's say does hardisk included?(I think not) this is because I already have the hardisk. Furthermore, how are we going to deal?:dunno:
In the pdf, it mentioned about the built in 2.5" hardisk , even it comes with a hardisk, what is the capacity of the hardisk?TIA
For the warranty problem is not an issue. I have sent my hardisk through post (without registered) through Singpost, still came back in safe. So, I don't think it is a big problem.

no hd is included, have edited the post.

I think I will need your to pay me part of the total price by cash or e-banking otherwise I dun have enough money to pay .. ;)

When do you intend to make the purchase and any idea how long will the shipping take?

I'm interested, but i need it quite urgently (first week of October)

:Later,

X-drive MO through Singapore distributor is $260.

Compared to $200 + shipping + 3% GST + hassle of sending to taiwan if need servicing, is that such a big saving?

Originally posted by erwinx

Compared to $200 + shipping + 3% GST + hassle of sending to taiwan if need servicing, is that such a big saving?

shipping how much?
by the way, $200 + 3% GST = $206
++ if we MO, can lower down the price some more
+++I don't think shipping cost from TW to SG will not be so expensive , right? It is not that heavy, from its specifications.
++++It does have warranty, something is better than nothing and it is NOT a grey market stuff. It is a proper product from TW. That is why the distributor here makes $$$ . I think the distributor can use $$ as his wallpapers at home end
of this year if we MO from him liao;)

Originally posted by Pinoy
When do you intend to make the purchase and any idea how long will the shipping take?

I'm interested, but i need it quite urgently (first week of October)

hi, i am intend to order it this month and should be able to get it next month. No guarantee on first week on october .. :(

Originally posted by erwinx

if i can get 8 peoples, total price will be

$110US = 194 SGD + 3% = $200

shipping cost is around 65 US / 8 = 8 US = 14 SGD

so price will be $215

If 5 of you bundled together
to purchase from us directly,
we can give you S$260 nett
as we will consider it as bulk purchase.

1 to 1 exchange within 1 week if defective.

For more info, go to
http://www.printamax.com

firefish

$260 is a good price, considering that the buyer don't have to worry about the product for 1 year. :)

Anybody interested? I need to have the X-Drive on the first week of October though. :(

Originally posted by Larry
i am, count me in.

firefish, does the x-drive come with the leather casing?
Great!

Can we set a target purchase date of 1st week of October? I'm going on holiday on the 10th... so I need to get this stuff 5th of October at the most.

yes, it comes with the synthetic leather casing...
as well as an additional adapter...
allowing you to use in countries
eg. US, Euro, & Singapore of course.

For more questions, go to:
http://www.printamax.com.sg/html/xd_faq.html

Please send one rep. to buy all from us.
Please give us a buzz b4 coming down
so that we can prepare the stuff.

Just for the record,
we will not warranty any parallel imports
only products bought from us and our resellers
with receipts.

Thanks!

firefish

Originally posted by Pinoy
Great!

Can we set a target purchase date of 1st week of October? I'm going on holiday on the 10th... so I need to get this stuff 5th of October at the most.

Me may also get one too. Cos me may be going for holiday in Nov. But still haven settle my tickets yet. So can only decide earliest by next week.

hi, i would like to join the MO but...

i just read the FAQ and the online brochure... does the X-Drive have a power switch to turn it on/off? else it would drain the batteries rather fast ? i could not find any information of a On/Off switch on the device.

could some1 confirm please? thanks.

cheers.

Originally posted by pyre
hi, i would like to join the MO but...

i just read the FAQ and the online brochure... does the X-Drive have a power switch to turn it on/off? else it would drain the batteries rather fast ? i could not find any information of a On/Off switch on the device.

could some1 confirm please? thanks.

cheers.

yeah! That is something similar with what I was thinking about. May I know that does X-Drive have the battery pack similar to image bank in case the internal battery is not working after some years or can it be used by using some external source of power supply i.e. rechargeable batteries (which is similar to the image tank's solution? ) is it possible? thanks!

There is a power off button.
It will auto-shutdown after 10 sec of inactivity.

The built-in rechargeable battery is easily replaceable
and will cost around S$30-40.
It will last for 500 full recharge cycles.

As an emergency battery pack,
you can purchase from us the portable battery pack
for the Digital Data Player at S$15.

Thanks!

firefish

what are the advantages a x-drive over an image tank?

except that x-drive has can accept 6 different storage media (which I don' need) and in the fact that x-drive has an internal battery (which I don't mind) :dunno:

Originally posted by 007
yeah! That is something similar with what I was thinking about. May I know that does X-Drive have the battery pack similar to image bank in case the internal battery is not working after some years or can it be used by using some external source of power supply i.e. rechargeable batteries (which is similar to the image tank's solution? ) is it possible? thanks!
Taken from X's-Drive FAQ

Q: How many times can I charge the X's-Drive?

A: The X's-Drive can be charged up to 500 full recharge cycles.

Q: Can I replace the built-in Lithium-ion battery?

A: Yes, you can replace the battery on your own. The battery costs S$30 without delivery. Alternatively, you can send the unit back to us and we will replace it for you for a minimal charge of S$30, not inclusive of freight charges.

The specs says it uses Li-ion rechargeable batteries (3.6V x 2). I wonder if this batt is widely available...

thx for the prompt reply firefish...

in that case i would like to order two X-drives. i don't mind getting the Image Tank, it is cheaper but lacks support for the MicroDrive.

any one wants to get it soon??

-edit-
found out that the IT DOES support MD... i won't mind a cheaper solution if ppl can live w/o the internal battery pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.