Mju Mini - Japanese Version Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

-7-

Apr 16, 2004
Area51
Hi all,

Situation

Bought a Oly mju mini during Japan trip. Hence, everything is in Japanese out of the box, including the camera menu n settings...

Questions

Had browsed thru their official website and found no English verison firmware as well as the software. Is there any kind soul out there knows where I can have the English version download n upload it to my mju mini?

Cheers...

The camera should have a language setting to convert the language from Japanese to English. If you recognise Chinese characters, you can do some trial and error. The same happens for my E-300 bought in Japan and I hv managed to change the language settings. Hope this helps....

else you could also download the english version of the user manual and look for the setting to change the menu language. good luck to you.

Hi
-7-

Perhaps the Oly Japan site does not have the support.
Was hunting same for my old Oly digi compact, cannot find in Oly Japan but can in Oly USA.

In USA, maybe they call the mju mini by the name : Verve
This is to something to do with parallel imports grey market.
Cannot find software.
Maybe language is controlled by camera buttons.
Try this site.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_manuals.asp?product=1130&p=&subcat=

the mju mini DOES have a language setting. what you need to do is to d/l the english version of the PDF user manual. then go thru' the camera menu accordingly to set to english language.

if all else fail, look for a japanese to help you.. try DFS! :D

Try this

power on your Mini
Select 'Ok"
Select right (mode menu)
Down down 4 times (where u get to set the last page)
Inside should have Languang setting. But I can't recall is which options. Cause holding onto a old Olympus digital cam :(

Hi
-7-

Have downloaded the manual but cannot post attachment here. :)
U can so do at the uRL I have given. Takes some time.
I think Oly loads the cam with 5 languages of the region where it is sold.
The manual says you can load with software from Oly if cannot find your language.
But English is used all over the world so your cam though bought in Japan
may have English.

In text the relevant page (84) in Section 3 "Setting Up" is :-

You can select the language in which the
menus and error messages are displayed on
the monitor.
Press the OK/MENU button.
The top menu is displayed.
Press to go to [MODE MENU].
Press or to select the [SETUP]
tab.
Press to go to the [SETUP] menu.
Press or to select [W].
Press to go to the language
settings.

MODE MENU
ALL RESET
ON SETUP
COLOR

ON
ENGLISH
NORMAL
LOW

ON

ALL RESET
ON SETUP
COLOR

ENGLISH
NORMAL
LOW

Selecting a language
Press or to select the desired
language.
Available languages vary depending on
the region where you purchased the
camera.
Press the OK/MENU button.
The selected language is set.
Press the OK/MENU button again to exit the menu.

You can select other languages too. The firmware for other languages can
be downloaded using Olympus
homepage.
FRANCAIS
ENGLISH
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUES

GO SELECT

Dear fellow Oly Users,

Thanks alot for all the tips and instructions.

I am actually asking on behalf of a friend who is new to digi cam. Well, I'll convey all the info. I gathered here to her.

Should there be any further queries, I hope I can get further info. here again :)

Cheers!

-7-

Guys n gals...

My fren's mju mini was switched to English Mode by the Japanese who sold the camera to my fren.

After clarified with her, what she needs is actually the software: OLYMPUS Master 1.0
The one given to her is in Japanese. She tried S'pore service centre and they told her she needs to buy for the English version :dunno: Hence, any kind soul out there has any idea where my fren can download from? Or any lobang that she can get it for free?

Cheers...

why buy? you mean oly so poor :( they have to make money this way?
the svc ctr should give her one English ver free, since she bought the jap version, new, not second hand. But you must double confirm this as a fact, to be fair to oly.

I once was stonewalled like this on a different matter after buying a new camera. The local reps of the camera company just could not be bothered.
I wrote a detailed letter of complaint to the President of the camera company in Japan. And copied to the Japanese president posted to Singapore.
Any reasonable person could see that they were horribly wrong. And it was proven true after they did some fact finding.

The company panicked.
They did not want Japan HQ to know how screwed up they were in Singapore. How bad their service was to customers in Singapore.

Especially the Japanese who was posted to head the Singapore operations.
It is a gross loss of face.
He may even be recalled and given a small desk and never head local or overseas operations ever again.

Thye even requested me to withdraw the letter to the Jap HQ president.
But too late, I sent it by registered post.

Some times heads got to roll.

Just to let you know what is good service. Tell you this true story. Because I am the owner of the speakers.
I bought a pair of (at that time, top end) B+W speakers. Second hand too, mind you. After a while I felt one of the speaker cones needed replacing. I went to the local agent. They did not have the right speaker cone. But they sold me a slightly different speaker cone for a speaker model close to mine.

I bought it. No complaints. I installed it but came across some problems concerning soldering to connectors. I needed some technical help. So I wrote a simple letter to UK B+W HQ asking for technical help ( it was not a complaint against anyone or any shop).

At best, I expected a letter telling me how to connect properly.

You know what they did? UK B+W sent me a NEW correct model speaker cone and shipped it to me completely free of charge, shipping charges also free and post deliver it to my house. :)

That was at least 8 years after the company first introduced that speaker model. And this is how well they take care of customers.

THIS IS TOP FLIGHT AFTER SALES SERVICE. :p

ricohflex said:

why buy? you mean oly so poor :( they have to make money this way?
the svc ctr should give her one English ver free, since she bought the jap version, new, not second hand. But you must double confirm this as a fact, to be fair to oly.

I once was stonewalled like this on a different matter after buying a new camera. The local reps of the camera company just could not be bothered.
I wrote a detailed letter of complaint to the President of the camera company in Japan. And copied to the Japanese president posted to Singapore.
Any reasonable person could see that they were horribly wrong. And it was proven true after they did some fact finding.

The company panicked.
They did not want Japan HQ to know how screwed up they were in Singapore. How bad their service was to customers in Singapore.

Especially the Japanese who was posted to head the Singapore operations.
It is a gross loss of face.
He may even be recalled and given a small desk and never head local or overseas operations ever again.

Thye even requested me to withdraw the letter to the Jap HQ president.
But too late, I sent it by registered post.

Some times heads got to roll.

Just to let you know what is good service. Tell you this true story. Because I am the owner of the speakers.
I bought a pair of (at that time, top end) B+W speakers. Second hand too, mind you. After a while I felt one of the speaker cones needed replacing. I went to the local agent. They did not have the right speaker cone. But they sold me a slightly different speaker cone for a speaker model close to mine.

I bought it. No complaints. I installed it but came across some problems concerning soldering to connectors. I needed some technical help. So I wrote a simple letter to UK B+W HQ asking for technical help ( it was not a complaint against anyone or any shop).

At best, I expected a letter telling me how to connect properly.

You know what they did? UK B+W sent me a NEW correct model speaker cone and shipped it to me completely free of charge, shipping charges also free and post deliver it to my house. :)

That was at least 8 years after the company first introduced that speaker model. And this is how well they take care of customers.

THIS IS TOP FLIGHT AFTER SALES SERVICE. :p

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: thanks for all these info. Appreciate it very much... The service centre of S'pore actually replied thru email that the software is chargable!!! but I doubt my fren is gonna give them a ring, u know, girls are always bochap on this kinda matter... probably will psycho her to do so... anyway, thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.