Mirror cannot go down !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
www.yummibear.multiply.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was taken some photos when then my Nikon D50 sounds muplities shots, then found the mirror is up and cannot take photos the small window on the top right show ERR... error ... can anyone pls help me ...

Have you tried removing the battery and turning off the camera? Sound like quite a serious issue if its permanently stuck..

raptor84 said:
Have you tried removing the battery and turning off the camera? Sound like quite a serious issue if its permanently stuck..

I try remove the battery but still cannot, reset the Cam reset button at below still cannot... sob sob

wah, nsc only open on weekdays, u must wait a while already ba....

or u can go TCW ask them?

zcwnfx said:
wah, nsc only open on weekdays, u must wait a while already ba....

or u can go TCW ask them?
yah loh , the worst thing is i threw away the recipet and now dun know how to prove for my cam warranty.... really wann cry liao

guess the mirror got stuck :sweat:

yumyum said:
yah loh , the worst thing is i threw away the recipet and now dun know how to prove for my cam warranty.... really wann cry liao

That's y it's very impt that one should never throw away the receipt until warranty's over.

Press the shutter again. If the shutter release but u still have the same problem.. that means its time to change the shutter. Hopefully ur set is still under warranty else it will set u back abt $250+/-

shadie said:
Press the shutter again. If the shutter release but u still have the same problem.. that means its time to change the shutter. Hopefully ur set is still under warranty else it will set u back abt $250+/-
wow so X ... sob sob

were you using 3rd part batt.? I also had this problem with my previous D70s when I use 3rd party batt. After I put in original Nikon batt. ok liao :dunno:

yumyum said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was taken some photos when then my Nikon D50 sounds muplities shots, then found the mirror is up and cannot take photos the small window on the top right show ERR... error ... can anyone pls help me ...

yumyum said:

Call up Nikon service centre first and explain to them your situation... have your warranty card at hand. If you must have a receipt, try going back to the shop your bought the camera from and ask if they can print another invoice for you but you prob need to remember when you buy the camera. Most likely they can check their records based on your D50's Serial No.

jeryltan said:
were you using 3rd part batt.? I also had this problem with my previous D70s when I use 3rd party batt. After I put in original Nikon batt. ok liao :dunno:

nope , try liao still stuck there
any way already send for service... see how loh.. the worst thing is i need to shoot on 17 june. the cam faulty on 10 june and send it on 12 june monday... need 7-10 days for servicing,, now I no cam to shoot .... have to look for rental of camm...

yumyum said:
nope , try liao still stuck there
any way already send for service... see how loh.. the worst thing is i need to shoot on 17 june. the cam faulty on 10 june and send it on 12 june monday... need 7-10 days for servicing,, now I no cam to shoot .... have to look for rental of camm...
Hire me... I shoot for you... heehee.

Status
Not open for further replies.