Migrated Singaporean

ahboy168

Mar 30, 2009
East
Where are them ?

In countries where grammar is important.

For example, they know the difference between "them" and "they". This is important for those who passed the English proficiency exams that are a requirement for migration to Australia, where there are huge communities of Singaporeans.

Last edited:
Reactions: G-man and Octarine

For example, they know the difference between "them" and "they". This is important for those who passed the English proficiency exams that are a requirement for migration to Australia, where there are huge communities of Singaporeans.

:thumbsup:

They is there.

LOL... TRUE !!!! hahahaha :bsmilie:

Its day like these that I really missed the 'LIKE' button...

Its day like these that I really missed the 'LIKE' button...

Yes I miss there days too. Them are many threads I want to "like" too.

(Heng, I thought you were looking for the "Infraction" button)

[video=youtube;79UcIkkwNto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79UcIkkwNto[/video]

There are people who stay a very long time in another country but they have not "migrated" because they remain citizens of their own original country.

No idea where the Singaporeans who migrated, are nowadays. Are you thinking of migrating? What is your intended destination?

There are at least 3 types of migration:

• (1) Migrating to avoid death, injury, persecution and threats to existence.

• (2) Migrating to seek a better life, brighter future, more opportunities for your next generation.

• (3) Migrating because you like to try out what life is like in another country.

(1) & (2) are extremely stressful and the trip can be dangerous.

(3) is where you are very rich and/or talented. Many countries welcome you.

Thanks, you just reminded me that I failed my "O" level English 3 times ...

There are people who stay a very long time in another country but they have not "migrated" because they remain citizens of their own original country.

No idea where the Singaporeans who migrated, are nowadays. Are you thinking of migrating? What is your intended destination?

• (2) Migrating to seek a better life, brighter future, more opportunities for your next generation.

• (3) Migrating because you like to try out what life is like in another country.

More like (2), basically try to work overseas just like what many FT in SG did here.
Maybe China, Taiwan, etc yellow skin country
Where my children's can have better primary education.
Which place like Singaporean?
Singapore is dead already ... I need to find a new nest for my children.. Haha

Last edited:
Working overseas is not migration.

It is just a temporary posting.

China and Taiwan are not simple places. It may look good on the surface only. Some times depends on your luck.

If you meet the right people and they don't play you out, then it may turn out fine.

If they play you out, then it is a lesson.

Big talker arrogant Li Ao said,
"“Taiwanese are scoundrels, but lovable, Hong Kong people are craftier, (Chinese mainlanders are unfathomable) and Singaporeans are stupider,”

Singaporeans are honourable and respect rule of law. That's what Li Ao considers as stupid.
But (some) Taiwanese and PRC are not as trustworthy.

Actually Singapore is the place that many PRC parents want to send their children to; and for the same reason as you - to secure a better future for their children.

Last edited:

(4) To get back that CPF $ before we are stiff.

Actually Singapore is the place that many PRC parents want to send their children to; and for the same reason as you - to secure a better future for their children.
Not to mention that they can shift all their foreign currency to SG :bsmilie:
With regards to stupidity: without the context all quotes are useless - or being abused.

There are more:

4. To escape from taxman.

5. To escape from pregnant girlfriend.

6. To escape from mother-in-law.

:)