Micro four-thirds concept camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
look very much like LX3 to me... btw this is panasonic not olympus and it is just an imagination image :)

Last edited:
The cameras shown are Panasonic because Panasonic will be launching the micro-fourthirds camera system later this year while Olympus will only do so next year. ;)

I hope Panasonic will come out with a micro 4/3 camera which look like a Leica range finder with a 14-50mm lens. Hee... ;p

are they going to have

touch screen?
Viewfinder add on - similar to voigtlander
lanyard hook hole
in crazy colours
easy controls for fast shooting in any mode
long battery life
non-nmos sensor design :think:

very realistic goals but ..... :sweat:

are they going to have

touch screen?
Viewfinder add on - similar to voigtlander
lanyard hook hole
in crazy colours
easy controls for fast shooting in any mode
long battery life
non-nmos sensor design :think:

very realistic goals but ..... :sweat:

No touch screen please... I dun wanna shoot with my nose... heehee...:sweat:

No view finder so no need to worry about the nose touching the screen.. ;p

If got hotshoe viewfinder leh? Then problem lor... :sticktong

The question of the zoom like control can't be answered yet, since no one knows if those images are a real representation of the camera, or someone's imagination. We'll see in a month what Photokina brings.

How much difference could there be with the body though? The concept fanart is a accurate enough representation of how the final product will be like; a little more than 2 cm in width, a little taller than the LX3. With the body size constrain, there's little places to put the buttons anywhere else than the current solution of the LX3. The only major difference would be the curve of the body and the size of the grip, but it makes no sense for pana to make larger grips if they really want it to be of petite nature.

The only thing that's pretty hazy atm, are prolly the lenses. I'm quite thrill by the idea of a high quality manual focus pancake lens at 28mm equiv for this.

How much difference could there be with the body though? The concept fanart is a accurate enough representation of how the final product will be like; a little more than 2 cm in width, a little taller than the LX3. With the body size constrain, there's little places to put the buttons anywhere else than the current solution of the LX3. The only major difference would be the curve of the body and the size of the grip, but it makes no sense for pana to make larger grips if they really want it to be of petite nature.

The only thing that's pretty hazy atm, are prolly the lenses. I'm quite thrill by the idea of a high quality manual focus pancake lens at 28mm equiv for this.

The mFT lenses by my surmise should be half the volume size of existing MF lenses.

The mFT lenses by my surmise should be half the volume size of existing MF lenses.

And so if we apply the inverse law of price vs size they're likely to cost twice as much~!! :bsmilie:

And so if we apply the inverse law of price vs size they're likely to cost twice as much~!! :bsmilie:

Inverse law don't apply for optics... I HOPE! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.