micosd adapter to xd card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah!!! Cool!!! I also want. Wonder if the speed is still going to be as slow as XD or based on the microSD card's speed.

Hmmm...no DLSRs in the list...oh well.... though if they sell in the shops like CP, can go test it out on the cam that is not listed as supported...

It doesn't fit into Olympus dSLR's xD card slot. Apparantly the compacts that are using this the so call xD card adapter has a slight different shape, their card slot also.

they juz wan to make money... urghh...
y can't they just 1 size for all...

It doesn't fit into Olympus dSLR's xD card slot. Apparantly the compacts that are using this the so call xD card adapter has a slight different shape, their card slot also.

doesn't really matter since the dslr's gotten CF, which is a lot faster.

Hi,

The problem with the MicroSD to XD converter (found with many recent model Olympus cameras) is that ....

They do not work in many photo center lab pods and also many card readers.

I have found this issue here (we use Fuji photo lab) and have heard it from customers that have tried others also.

In my opinion, they are only any good if you want to use a cheaper card than XD (and who wouldn't !) and...

are prepared to download their photo's to their PC and copy them to CD (or otherwise) if they want them printed.

Olympus should follow Fuji's idea and make their cameras both XD and SD usable.

I think Olympus is either toooooo slow or pig headed to do be what they are doing, (SD cards are cheap and everywhere...micro SD are for phones).

Just my view guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.