[MGohzxc] Scapes @ 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
5054337538_0831328c84_z_d.jpg

Hi Manita, (that's your name right!)

Just a few comments, my biggest issue with some of your photos (especially the first few sunset ones at.. macritchie) is that I think you tend to push your colours a bit too far in post-processing for my liking. Not sure if it's your personal preference to do so though.

And for #9, I don't think your composition quite worked out here because of the way the tree grows- it looks very flattened here.

Nevertheless, keep shooting and you'll definitely improve as I can tell you are willing to learn :)

Have a nice day,
AC

(btw please don't call me uncle I'm only 17 :bsmilie:)

Hi Manita, (that's your name right!)

Just a few comments, my biggest issue with some of your photos (especially the first few sunset ones at.. macritchie) is that I think you tend to push your colours a bit too far in post-processing for my liking. Not sure if it's your personal preference to do so though.

And for #9, I don't think your composition quite worked out here because of the way the tree grows- it looks very flattened here.

Nevertheless, keep shooting and you'll definitely improve as I can tell you are willing to learn :)

Have a nice day,
AC

(btw please don't call me uncle I'm only 17 :bsmilie:)

Hi AC, of course will not call you uncle. Thanks for C&C and have not hear from you for quite awhile. I will try again and still learning hard and will also try to shoot more before exam soon.
Thanks for the encouragement.

5059853206_27d08dd7dc_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
how, did you enjoy lower peirce?

try to explore the rocks more thoroughly - i like #22 more than #23, because of the balance. in #22 the rocks are more "spread out" from foreground to background.

i'm not using a calibrated monitor, but that heavy sepia/orange/yellow cast in #22 has to go.

Hello Manita,

I come support support your thread! ;)

Nice work on #22. I can see you are definitely thinking about composition. One thing, watch out for the WB. A little yellow on my monitor. Also watch out for that little piece of rock coming out from the middle of the right side of the frame.

Well done. I think in 2 months you will shoot nicer photos than most of us here (including me).
:thumbsup::thumbsup: ;)

how, did you enjoy lower peirce?

try to explore the rocks more thoroughly - i like #22 more than #23, because of the balance. in #22 the rocks are more "spread out" from foreground to background.

i'm not using a calibrated monitor, but that heavy sepia/orange/yellow cast in #22 has to go.

Hello Uncle Night86mare,
I just came back from school... In the beginning, I was quite afraid but after about 15 minutes it was OK but I did fall and get wet at the end. I want to try it out yesterday first because my Dad will be bringing me to Changi Board Walk later.

Ok for #22 I dont why I find it hard to process together with the rocks after shooting in Raw. Maybe Im not used to this sort of composition and I afraid the rock structure turn out bad. Yes #23 is not that good and I have a few more for C&C. But I will try on #22 again.

Uncle Night86mare, thanks for the C&C and is a new experience for me and shall try at Changi today. :)

Hello Manita,

I come support support your thread! ;)

Nice work on #22. I can see you are definitely thinking about composition. One thing, watch out for the WB. A little yellow on my monitor. Also watch out for that little piece of rock coming out from the middle of the right side of the frame.

Well done. I think in 2 months you will shoot nicer photos than most of us here (including me).
:thumbsup::thumbsup: ;)

Hello Uncle Albert,
Thank you so much for your support and also the C&C. Yes I was thinking about the composition and at the same time also try to be very careful squatting down with two legs on small rocks. Quite scary at first. Yes a little yellow again and I dont know why so hard to PP with the rocks. May not use to it yet but I shall try again.

No la.. I still far away from all the good photographers and still learning hard. Really need all the C&C to improve my pictures.

Oh yes, I also try hyperfocal. Hope is oK.

Will go to Changi today. My Dad will bring me this evening.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Hello Uncle Albert,
Thank you so much for your support and also the C&C. Yes I was thinking about the composition and at the same time also try to be very careful squatting down with two legs on small rocks. Quite scary at first. Yes a little yellow again and I dont know why so hard to PP with the rocks. May not use to it yet but I shall try again.

No la.. I still far away from all the good photographers and still learning hard. Really need all the C&C to improve my pictures.

Oh yes, I also try hyperfocal. Hope is oK.

Will go to Changi today. My Dad will bring me this evening.

Thanks so much.

If you need my help to PP, let me know. can email me the file, I PP one nice one for you. Then you see the difference. ;)

OK already send the link by PM. Thanks

Manita,

Very hard to adjust WB for you since you only gave me the JPEG. To adjust WB nicely, it is best to do it in RAW file. Are you shooting in RAW? or JPEG only?

Anyway, I converted your picture to black and white. A 5 min job. This is what it looks like. I like your composition in B&W.

5061365091_a3455074e8_o.jpg

Last edited:
Manita,

Very hard to adjust WB for you since you only gave me the JPEG. To adjust WB nicely, it is best to do it in RAW file. Are you shooting in RAW? or JPEG only?

Anyway, I converted your picture to black and white. A 5 min job. This is what it looks like. I like your composition in B&W.

5061365091_a3455074e8_o.jpg

Wa.. is nice in B&W and the small rock is clone off. Thanks. Yes all shots in RAW. The file is very big. How to send?

Last edited:
#24 - Almost end of sunset.
5061931778_a96a2b73aa_b_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.