Metz For D70??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowShutter

Apr 13, 2004
hi fellow snappers........

i really like to know, since i still have my metz 60CT flash, which i used for my fm2 previously, can i still used it on the Nikon D70 by using the AS-15 hot shoe attachment for the metz sync cord? :eek:

i've read the manual, highly discouraging using other brands as it might sent negative voltage to the camera and might damage the circuitry.

i really don't know how true this is, but i hope somebody, anybody, could enlighten me. :dunno:

really appreciate it.

thnx ;)

There're a few 60CT. you could check out other's measurement here:
http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

Alternatively measure yourself or ask someone with a voltmeter/multimeter to help you measure. There's no TTL with D70 with any Metz adaptor yet (if I'm not wrong), so just use A mode as you have done so for the FM2 (FM2 does not support TTL metering for flash right?).

SlowShutter said:
hi fellow snappers........

i really like to know, since i still have my metz 60CT flash, which i used for my fm2 previously, can i still used it on the Nikon D70 by using the AS-15 hot shoe attachment for the metz sync cord? :eek:

i've read the manual, highly discouraging using other brands as it might sent negative voltage to the camera and might damage the circuitry.

i really don't know how true this is, but i hope somebody, anybody, could enlighten me. :dunno:

really appreciate it.

thnx ;)

Thta's why don't use a hotshoe to trigger the 60CT-4 and that's when PC-Sync comes in. PC-sync does not transmit data to and fro the camera body.

Alternatively, u can try the standard (one pin shoe) with the sca3000 series cable on a 60CT-4. I think it shouldn't be a prob since the role of that centre pin is to tell the flash to trigger off.

I think you can try the SCA 300 series adapter (with the TTL) or the sca 3402 adapter with 3000C. You can send an email to Metz and ask them for their advice. Their replies are quite fast.

thanks all for your suggestions and advices.

u all have all really enlighten me..

cheers..... :thumbsup: ;)

Slowshutter

Status
Not open for further replies.