Memories of Norway

One word.

Stunning.

Thanks for sharing.

One word.

Stunning.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the encouragement fibredrive. I had a relatively easy job, the place was beautiful to start with.

Ryan

# 49

Tilt shift stitched panorama of Sakrisoya in the evening, Lofoten

7479720318_0de28ed29d_b.jpg

Nice. I like #7

# 50
Near Gimsøy , Lofoten
A little red hut amidst snow covered peaks

7507993316_ce591f82a2_b.jpg

Ryan

Nice shoot ... god joob bro .....;)

# 52

Not the most pretty looking Aurora shot, but pretty uncommon visitor during the midst of spring where the nights no longer see full darkness. It appeared over the town of Svolvær in Lofoten, our last night in Lofoten.

We never hopped to see any Aurora during our spring holiday anyway, so this was a bonus to us. Gleaming, dancing, scintillating across the skies, and we promised ourselves to see it in full glory next time - in the correct season that is.

7629708932_e4973da2dc_c.jpg

Ryan

# 53

A Hjell in Svinøya

7691522174_46ffec302f_b.jpg

Curious, what is the smell like :)

Extremely fishy especially if you stood within the structure itself ;p . But not foul. Weather is freezing cold in spring there issn't any decomposition so as to speak. All are taken off before summer.

Ryan

# 54

A stubble of trees beside a semi - frozen lake, backlighted by the rising morning sun.
Panorama stitched with the 85mm PC, a short drive from after leaving the town of Rjukan
Unfortunate for the bit of overexposure over the snow.

7698515348_63f0089a86_b.jpg

Ryan

Last edited:
# 55

We drove up the roads to near the top of the Gaustatoppen. Unfortunately we were a little late for the last funicular railway ride up.
Gaustatoppen is the final race stop of the brutal Norseman Triathlon.

Just some house in the middle of nowhere , near the top of the Gaustatoppen ( Tilted shifted stitched panorama )

7698517740_bed05da391_b.jpg

A short video clip upload of a drive around the village of Å i Lofoten, taken with a GoPro HD2 @ 1080p attached onto the bonnet hood of the rental car. As a side note, the HD2 gives very decent HD capture almost comparable to the 5d2 provided the scene is well lighted and balanced.

[video=youtube;bV8xdSBibTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV8xdSBibTE[/video]

( Need to select 720p or 1080p under settings for HD )

Ryan