Melbourne Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is quite sad but inevitable i guess.

Yea...its existence was due to the heavy erosion of sandstone. Just a matter of time... London bridge at great ocean rd has a more interesting story. Half of the bridge collapsed when there're still tourists on the rock. Fortunately, no one was killed and helis were used to rescue the trapped people on the remaining london bridge, i.e the newly formed island. lol.

Last edited:
Re: 12 apostles...

The govt have quite done a lot to try and limit access to the most sensitive areas and give tourists viewpoints. Trying their best to preserve what's left for the longest time I guess.

When I visited it was real arctic weather with angry sky/sea. Beautiful none the less.

Nice shots.

Thanks!

I got some more pictures!

This is the " London Bridge"

3281784676_829779ce11.jpg

3280963115_36796ca115.jpg

The solo Man
3281783020_658234712b.jpg

The trip home with the sun behind

3281784828_d8fa4e9307.jpg

The Moonlight by the Geelong Pier

3281785056_413722f2df.jpg

Thanks for sharing Shyan,

I think they like to dispose of their old shoes this way.

shoeintheair.jpg

:bsmilie:

I thought so initially....till a friend told me that it's a sign that drugs are available nearby but I have yet to confirm it... I guess most of my local friends re not druggies...wahahaha

I'm going to throw my SAF new balance too...wahaha

I don't know about Australia, but in the US this means that a gang member has been killed there.

Last edited:
I don't know about Australia, but in the US this means that a gang member has been killed there.

That's the other one that I heard.

Checked with a few people..these re what I gathered....

1) new age graffiti art - shoe graffiti
2) Drugs peddlers nearby
3) Shops operated by gangs
4) Someone died in an accident there

Took these photos on my way up to the Katoomba, Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia

Some of these bikers ride dangerously at high speeds around mountain corners
BlueMountainsBiker.jpg

My wife snapped this along the way to the Blue Mountains.
This location was around a dangerous bend to the right.
R.I.P.
BlueMountainsRIP.jpg

BlueMountainsRIP01.jpg
BlueMountainsRIP02.jpg

...sob, sob... :( I really miss Melbourne

Thanks for sharing, esp to those of us who have previously lived/studies there, these images brought back lots of fond memories...sigh...if only I was into photography then.

Status
Not open for further replies.