Medium Format Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nescafe said:
ya, a like-new old Hassy (dunno which model, but it says "500Classic", whatever it is :dunno: )

cheers,
Nescafe

Hi Nescafe,

So are u currently happy with the quality of ya pix? Have u blown it up to 10R already?

In fact, my preferred 6x6 cam is a vintage Rolleiflex TLR 3.5F with a Zeiss Planar. Great lens. 10R is a piece of cake.

marios_pittas said:
Mark Tucker also uses a Hassy with very good results.. have a look through his web site for inspiration.. http://marktucker.com/

Yes, his PlungerCam shots are very interesting and his IR wideangle images are great!

It shows once again, it is the lens behind the camera and NOT the one in front that counts :D

Nescafe said:
Yes, his PlungerCam shots are very interesting and his IR wideangle images are great!

It shows once again, it is the lens behind the camera and NOT the one in front that counts :D

Actually he is not shooting straight (camera + lens) if you do take a close notice to his photos. :what:

MikaMatin,

A Rolleiflex and Hassy user here. I've blown up a pic from my Rolleiflex 3.5F to 20x20 with no loss of details.

You should also see slides taken with medium format. Really blows you off.

Wah seh... all expensive cameras leh.

One Seagull TLR user here.

Dreamseeker: I guess ya 20x20 pic quality is of tremendous color rendition? :) Is there any slide pix that u've taken with ya Rolleiflex? Maybe u can post me some pics of it. I've never seen a 20x20 slide pix b4

Vincent: Was there anything tt u find it difficult to use the Seagull? I've heard that a TLR, if compared to the Hassey does not have the same pic quality?

Is it true that a Schneider lens is much better than a Hassy guys? If it is, was is its most outstanding feature?

Seagull user here (4A-107). Small, light and easy to operate. Looks very cool and retro, too. Love it to bits. I've only shot 3 exposures out of my first roll of 12 so far. Will post the result when I develop the roll.

Someone lent me a Mamiya. Man, that thing was HUGE. Don't think I'll ever use it.

StreetShooter said:
Someone lent me a Mamiya. Man, that thing was HUGE. Don't think I'll ever use it.

Now come now.. Someone lend you what kind of Mamiya?? :confused:

Mamiya made 35mm cameras (like the ZE etc..) came up with the 645 format (645 Super, Pro, Pro TL etc..), made 6x9 cameras (like Mamiya Press, Universal etc. with the legendary 50mm lens (like 21mm (?) in 35mm format..)).. 6x7 legendary cameras (like the RB and RZ all used by pros - and amateurs like me of course!!), and of course the 6x6 Mamiyaflex series which offered interchangable lenses (C220, C330 etc..)..

So which Mamiya did you actually used? ;)

> Small, light and easy to operate. Looks very cool and retro, too.
> Love it to bits. I've only shot 3 exposures out of my first roll of 12 so far.

Early days.. :think:

MikaMatin said:
Dreamseeker: I guess ya 20x20 pic quality is of tremendous color rendition? :) Is there any slide pix that u've taken with ya Rolleiflex? Maybe u can post me some pics of it. I've never seen a 20x20 slide pix b4

Vincent: Was there anything tt u find it difficult to use the Seagull? I've heard that a TLR, if compared to the Hassey does not have the same pic quality?

Is it true that a Schneider lens is much better than a Hassy guys? If it is, was is its most outstanding feature?

:bsmilie: Difficult? The only difficult thing is to figure out the distance from the camera to the subject... and then the laborious and heart-stopping process of adjusting the focus by distance. The viewfinder is pretty useful too... although sometimes it might be a bit fuzzy (that's where your judging of distance comes in).

Heart-stopping? 'Cos if you calculate wrong... siao liao... waste one shot.

I have not have the fortune (read: money) to play with a Hassey. So, I can't make any comparisions. TLRs are more fun.

Oh! And try not to buy the crank-shaft TLR from Seagull. The mechanism will worn out easily. Take good care of the camera too. If the lenses get mouldy or scratched... goodbye Seagull! :sweat:

Hi MikaMatin

Yeap still uses the 645, jus love the slides that i get from it !!!

But am trying to find cash for a MF scanner though

sljm said:
Hi MikaMatin

Yeap still uses the 645, jus love the slides that i get from it !!!

But am trying to find cash for a MF scanner though

Does the MF scanner cost alot?

How big have u print ya pictures then?

Have anybody in clubsnap organise a MF outdoor/indoor before? I think it will be great if someone initiates such outings :think:

So far sort mainly slides and hav not tried printing them yet. Just self developed a bunch of B&W film hehe going to print them maybe i try 8R first to c hows the result

Hi MikaMatin,

The color rendition is fantastic and there was plenty of details in the pics. I also had a similar shot from 35mm format blown up to the same size. Compare it side by side and you will know waht I mean.

I dont have any 20x20 slide pics. Only 6 x 6 slide ones. :)
I cant post any pics cos haven't gone digital yet. Don't know how to scan pics or slides yet. Have to depend on my colleague. Also just bought a G5 to learn the digital thing.

Haven't shot a Rolleiflex side by side with a Hassey for comparison. Maybe one day.....

Dreamseeker: :) i guess the 6x6 pix will surely blow ya mind away huh? So u're also making a journey into the digital cams huh...Gd for u then.

Hey, why not someone here organised an MF outing, say do a landscape or portrait shooting? I'm just an amateur shooter and so kinda interested to delve in the MF world too :)

Mario-pittas, maybe u can lead the outing? :bsmilie:

MikaMatin said:
Dreamseeker: :) i guess the 6x6 pix will surely blow ya mind away huh? So u're also making a journey into the digital cams huh...Gd for u then.

Hey, why not someone here organised an MF outing, say do a landscape or portrait shooting? I'm just an amateur shooter and so kinda interested to delve in the MF world too :)

Mario-pittas, maybe u can lead the outing? :bsmilie:

I can join one.. :angel:

Mario-pittas : :bsmilie: joining and leading one are 2 different things bro

But seriously speaking, i think it would be great if there's an MF outing say on a monthly basis. At least, amateurs like me can learn more from you experienced guys.

If there is an overseas shooting trip also, i'd be glad to attend one.

Wildswan: U're using it for studio or outdoor pix taking? Gosh it seems there's quite a no. of Mamiya and Hassey user in CS huh :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.