Max Capacity For CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yangzw

Feb 21, 2009
Hi all,

I will like to ask if there is any max capacity to CF cards that is compatible with the camera? What will the LCD panel show? Stay at 999 shots remaining :dunno: (eg shoot RAW with 16gb)? I'm using Canon 40D.

I'm pretty sure the 40D has no limitation on CF card size (i.e. whatever is within the CF spec can be used). I see on the web that others are successfully using 32GB cards.

I believe all canon cameras will show "999" remaining if the capacity of the card exceeds 1000 images. It will continue to show this until you go below 1000 shots of remaining capacity. In other words, once you fill up the card sufficiently so that you can only fit 999 more shots (or less), you'll begin to see the remaining shot counter decrement.

Take Care,
Eric

Hi all,

I will like to ask if there is any max capacity to CF cards that is compatible with the camera? What will the LCD panel show? Stay at 999 shots remaining :dunno: (eg shoot RAW with 16gb)? I'm using Canon 40D.

Anything over 1000 will be shown as 999, unless that display part have 4 digits.

:)Thanks alot for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.