Masquerade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapper

Jul 29, 2005
Did this studio shoot by Willis Liu last weekend. Here are some pictures from my stack for sharing and C&C.

p878794359-5.jpg

p723878807-5.jpg

p717205300-5.jpg

p884571015-5.jpg

Last edited:
ooo I love #1, very arty farty. #2 is quite blown out, her arm really disappears.

i think you need to control your lighting more, like #4 where there's alot of dark tones on her neck. interesting theme though. cheers

I'm with Kopiaddict. #2 is blown out, but #1 is top notch stuff! Very "secretive" maybe even seductive.

I'm pretty ok with #3 and as for #4, I don't have a prob with the dark tones on the neck, gives the shot a whole darker feel and it works imo.

mask is to obig for her,shooting w/ mask is a bit tricky.- e eyes and lips will spell the mood of the image.while most of the time i could only see one eye and her lips is hard to see.

Thanks for the comments guys.

#2 - Its near blown out, but it isn't on my calibrated screen. So I am gonna stick with it.

#4 - In the actual picture, the shoulders can be seen quite clearly. In my pp, I darkened it so as to bring your focus to the face and mask.

indaybadiday - Yup, its too big. As a result, I could not use any of my full-frontal shots of the face.

I took part in a 'fashion challenge' workshop organised by Willis. We had 2 models and a whole range of accessories to choose from to spice up our models. We had around 1hr to work out our concept, after that, we had to brief the model and dress her up for a 30min 'concept shoot'. It was pretty fun, but challenging, esp for me since I am inexperienced in women fashion.

Last edited:
Like #1 & #4 ! :heart:
Especially striking in BnW ! :thumbsup:

#2 is not blown out. Just teetering on the edge. That's rather good control btw. :thumbsup:

And indeed the mask seemed too big - that it's popping forwards when worn - it blocks the other eye in 1 and 3, and for the eyes which are not blocked, they are confined to the right side, with part of the nose visible.

I wonder if that 1 hour for dressing up - could I find a satay stick could help covert that mask from one that's to be worn to one that can be handheld... ;p

But good effort on your part. :thumbsup:

Noted.

Here are some pictures of the model behind the mask. Just for sharing.

p535924810-4.jpg

p433116700-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.