Marina Bay Sunset sharing session (2nd May '16 Monday Public Holiday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoongeng

Jan 26, 2010
Hello everyone I'm organising an outing to catch sunset at Marina Bay, details as follows, please read instructions carefully (those who don't follow I apologise in advance if I ignore you ;p )

Date: 2nd May 2016 Monday, Public Holiday following Labour Day on Sunday
Time: 6.00 pm till around 8pm

A photograph taken at this location some time ago (taken at 16mm full frame equivalent and cropped a bit):

8465178462_c846bd3e86_o.jpg

Requirements to register:
- Beginners and keen to learn - this will be more of a sharing session, I will be sharing what I have learnt from the seniors here in Clubsnap. Beginners as in you need help with camera settings, what mode to use or how to set up your tripod
- After the session I will create a thread and you are required to post at least 1 photograph from the outing. I hope everyone will learn from the experience by getting feedback from others especially the seniors in this forum
(seniors and those who are able to set up your own camera and tripod are welcome to join (and share with us if you are keen), you will know the location anyway hehe, just drop me an email (or just drop by) and let me know you are able to manage on your own so you don't take registered slots thanks!)

Group size (for those registering): 5 - don't want too big a size as this is the first time I'm organising, also because I may have some friends coming along

Equipment:
1. Any camera (preferably able to set exposure manually), remember to bring enough batteries and memory cards
2. Any lens (I will be using an ultra-wide lens, but you can practice composition with any lens you have)
3. Tripod
4. Any filters, remotes, levellers you have or other equipment you think will be useful
5. Water, snacks if you need and umbrella

How to register:
- Those who are keen to register please email me at "thoongeng (at) email.com". As you can see on the watermark in the photograph. Yes email.com and not gmail.com. And yes email because my clubsnap inbox is almost full and I am lazy to clear
- Registration is on a first come first served basis
- When you email me, please state your name and clubsnap nickname as well. If you don't have a clubsnap account just sign up for a free account

Those who register but did not appear on that day, or did not post their photograph after the outing will be blacklisted ;p

I will update this thread with the confirmed list of registered participants by Saturday 30th April evening, or earlier if it is full.

Thanks and hope to see you guys on 2nd May :)

Updated 2/5/16 4.30pm:
The outing will be ongoing seeya at 6pm

Final list of participants:
1. jamesajb

Update 2/5/16 11.45pm:
- Instructions for uploading to Clubsnap Gallery in post #7
- Thread to post photos for outing started. Please see http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1608199&p=9324289 thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: pinholecam
Apologies for the updates, my first time doing this heh.... (have also updated the first thread)

- Registration is by first come first serve basis
- When you email me, please state your name and clubsnap nickname as well
- I will create a thread to post your photos after the session, ALL REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS are required to post at least 1 photograph from the outing. I hope everyone will learn from the experience by getting feedback from others especially the seniors in the forum

Those who register but did not appear on that day, or did not post their photograph will be blacklisted ;p

We have 1 brave soul joining us you should know who you are :cool:

I guess I will leave it open for whoever who still wants to join as long as you are cool with the long list of conditions ;)
(and I sincerely believe the best way to learn is to practice and get feedback from others, professionals or otherwise that's why those conditions)

Remember to let me know your Clubsnap nickname besides your name because this is an event for fellow forumers thanks!

Skies doesn't look that friendly but I don't think it will rain. So this outing will still be ON :)

Thanks jamesajb and a Vietnamese photographer (who was visiting Singapore and happened to be around the area) for joining this evening. Although sunset was lackluster, hopefully you got a decent blue hour shot and I was able to answer some of your questions about landscape photography. I also learnt some life lessons, birding (photography wise) and more about Vietnam :)

Since we are supposed to upload at least a shot from the evening, I am posting some instructions on how to upload the photos to Clubsnap Gallery and then post in the thread which I will be creating in the Land/City-scapes and Travel section (will update this thread when that is up):

1. Visit http://gallery.clubsnap.com/ (you should have a free account when you sign up to Clubsnap. Should be the same username and password)
2. Click 'Upload Photos' (see picture No. 1)
3. At the next page, click 'Browse...' (picture No. 2) and choose the photo that you want to upload. Optionally you can add the same Title for all the photos (picture No. 3). Then click 'Upload/Submit'
Clubsnap_posting_1-upload_gallery.jpg

4. At the next page you edit the individual photo's Title and Descriptions. When done click 'Process'
5. Now the photos are uploaded and you are brought to your own gallery.
6. Click the photo that you want to upload
7. At the next page, look down the right column and you can see 'Medium Image' with a text box below it. Click the text box (picture No. 4) and all the text are automatically selected. Copy the text (Ctrl+C or Edit > Copy from the title bar in Windows) and paste the link to your photo to where you are inserting your photo in the Clubsnap thread
Clubsnap_posting_2-get_link.jpg

Any problems let me know again :)

Almost forgot, as per Clubsnap guidelines closing this thread

To view the photos taken, do check out the link posted in post #1 thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.