Marina Bay Sands

slackscholar

Dec 29, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
4867184499_3b834798d7_b.jpg

First of all, thanks for visiting this thread. I was amazed by people using black cards to produce correctly exposed night shots. Hence, I decided to give it a try.

The above photo aims to showcase the beauty of Marina Bay Sands at night. A black card was used to cover the central stripe where the construction lights are dense. The brightest part was exposed for 5 seconds while the whole photo was exposed for 25 seconds.

I would like to seek critiques on my use of black card and the exposure of this photo. Critiques on the composition are much welcome, too. Personally I felt it looks ok considering it was my first try, but the brightest parts still looks over exposed. The reflection of the buildings are blurry. I am not sure if this is the consequence of me forgetting to remove the CPL on my lens.

Thanks again for viewing.

Not too bad actually, you managed to prevent overblown lights. Just some encouraging comments to keep up the good work ;)

Maybe I'm not used to it, but the water area looks a bit too bright for what is to be reflection.