Manual Lenses

Cheng Yu Hung

Dec 26, 2012
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hello everyone, I have question for you guys. Do you know where I can find old film camera lenses ? I'm thinking of adapting them to my 650d.

Thanks in advance! :)

Buy N sell have them..ebay have them..just gotta take patience to get ..but u need to get a adapter to fit onto ur cam..ebay also sells!

but takes 2 weeks or so to deliver..

so..plan ahead..if u wanna use canon FD mounts..buy adapter first/or buy lens first...more sturdy...but only thing is no AF..haha..means no self portraits!(damn..i kinda miss that..myself..)

Peninsula mall.

Hahas i'm more into video/filming so its okay i won't be doing self portraits. Will buying on ebay be cheaper than a local shop? :)
Read up the sticky thread about buying 2nd hand lenses. The price in ebay can be cheaper, but factor in the costs for shipping and also the fact that you can't directly inspect the item. So shipping back is another potential cost item.

You can always start with those really cheap lenses, like 3rd party lenses made for canon FD, or m42 mounts. U can get pretty nice primes under $50 if u r lucky...

You may even want to operate on ur manual lens to remove the ball bearing and make the aperture clickless, for video...

Alot of ppl buy contax mount lenses with adapter for their eos, awesome quality for their prices...

But in my opinion, the best way to maximise potentials of vintage lenses, is to use it with sony nex (coz I own one haha) and its focus peaking function :)

For Canon just use Magic Lantern software, it has focus peaking and focus catch function. Pretty awesome for taking videos.
Contax had their own specific mount and they produced a lot of good glass on license, e.g. Carl Zeiss. As a result one can find plenty of good manual lenses that can be easily used on Canon with the respective adapters. Enjoy, and beware of the GAS :)

checkout buy and sell other lens category

aiyoh just go to Mass Sellers and vShop sections of the forum ...... adaptors are sold there