manual focusing

zruns

Feb 12, 2010
does anyone manual focus /w there nikon that dnt hav build in auto focus?

i gt d5000 and was playing around with manual focus on kit lens seems easier then on my film nikon :D and nt much different on auto focus , or is it just the lens?

does anyone hav the Af 50mm f 1/8 on the d5000/3000/60 ect
does it still fast without autofocus?

looking to buy as my next lens :) or 55-200 / 18-135....

does anyone manual focus /w there nikon that dnt hav build in auto focus?

i gt d5000 and was playing around with manual focus on kit lens seems easier then on my film nikon :D and nt much different on auto focus , or is it just the lens?

does anyone hav the Af 50mm f 1/8 on the d5000/3000/60 ect
does it still fast without autofocus?

looking to buy as my next lens :) or 55-200 / 18-135....

I do that all the time. You will have more trouble manual focusing lens with shallow depth of field. Like the 50 1.8, but it's still resonably fast provided you're not trying to track focus on subject like a car.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

I use fully manual lens that don't even give metering on d40 and d70. Things are easier nw with histogram and LCD, plus most imptly, the green dot...haha...but taking photo of children/swaying flowers etc...my 50mm f1.4 often left me depressed....Thus, I normally use it with static object....

I use fully manual lens that don't even give metering on d40 and d70. Things are easier nw with histogram and LCD, plus most imptly, the green dot...haha...but taking photo of children/swaying flowers etc...my 50mm f1.4 often left me depressed....Thus, I normally use it with static object....

Ahaha you must have chipped fingers to allow the camera to communicate with your finger:bsmilie:

Focusing the 50mm f/1.8D on the D40 was terrible...

Autofocus lenses are not made to be to focused by hand obviously. You can't appreciate the difference until you try a real manual focus lens. If it's going to be manual focus anyways, why not go for a Ai or Ais lens instead and get it cheaper?

Then again, I don't know why it should bother since the 55-200 or 18-135 will autofocus with your camera.