Manfrotto Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmml222

Mar 19, 2004
Hi,

I need help here... as absolutely know nuts about tripod :dunno:

Thinking of getting a Manfrotto tripod 190ProB with 486RC2 ballhead.

Do I need to get a plate ? If yes, any plate will do ?? BTW how much is a plate ? :sweat:

Anything else that need to consider ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

mmml222 said:
Hi,

Do I need to get a plate ? If yes, any plate will do ?? BTW how much is a plate ? :sweat:

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.
The 486RC2 comes supplied with a plate. Costs abt $80 for both plate and head.

mmml222 said:
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Note that you can't get any plate and use it on your manfrotto ball head. Only manfrotto plates can fit their heads.... but as Garion said, you get a plate when you buy the ballhead so it shouldd be alright.

Just a short note, 486RC2 does not come with spirit level. I bought a 190Pro from MS Color. No manfrotto ballheads available and so I went to CP. I bought the 488RC0. Funny thing is, the 488RC0 comes with spirit level and the 488RC2 does not. 488RC0 is also cheaper. :dunno:

Madmax said:
Just a short note, 486RC2 does not come with spirit level. I bought a 190Pro from MS Color. No manfrotto ballheads available and so I went to CP. I bought the 488RC0. Funny thing is, the 488RC0 comes with spirit level and the 488RC2 does not. 488RC0 is also cheaper. :dunno:

Thanks All.

Is it advisable to get additional plate ? I got a quote from MS Color and they adviced me to get additional plate ? But they have no stocks at this moment and hence I also not sure how much this additional plate will cost ?

The tripod seems heavy from the specs. Do you guys really bring them around or when travelling ?

Madmax or anyone, Please let me know what this spirit level does ?
How much is 488RC0 ?

Thanks again for all the help.

mmml222 said:
Thanks All.

Is it advisable to get additional plate ? I got a quote from MS Color and they adviced me to get additional plate ? But they have no stocks at this moment and hence I also not sure how much this additional plate will cost ?
IMO, no need to get an extra plate. One plate will do fine. The Manfrotto plate has a contraption at the bottom which allows you to tighten and untighten the plate's screw from the base of your camera or lens collar shoe quite easily. An additional plate should cost around $30-$35.

The tripod seems heavy from the specs. Do you guys really bring them around or when travelling ?
A tripod is an important aid to taking good, sharp photos. If weight is an issue, you can go for a carbon fibre tripod instead, which are lighter, but costs much more. The 190B isn't that heavy IMO. Get an Optech tripod strap (~$30) which is padded and use it to sling your tripod, its much more comfortable to carry it around that way.

Madmax or anyone, Please let me know what this spirit level does ?
How much is 488RC0 ?
The spirit level is a small capsule filled with liquid containing a bubble. Its used as an aid to ensure that your camera is level with the horizontal axis, this is espcially useful when taking landscape or architecture shots where u would want to avoid tilted horizons.

Not sure how much 488RCO head costs, perhaps Madmax can enlighten?

Thanks Garion ! :D

Looks like 488RCO is value for money then compared to 486RC2 ;)

I paid $125 for the 488RC0. It has a 8 kg load limit.

mmml222 said:
Is it advisable to get additional plate ?

It is handy if you have two camera bodies or more than 1 lens with tripod collar. It'll be much easier for you when changing camera or lens if each of them has quick release plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.